Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2007, 18:10   #61
Senior - BHPian

Well am not to aware bout the DC how good they are with their job of Audio Installation. I would never take any chances of geting a shady job not only coz its CRV but even if it was car worth half the money or may be even less that of CRV. My experience has taught me a lot. Has anyone heard of Chandrika electronic's Umanath Shetty based at dadar west near portug.. church. Its sumeone whom i know in town had got upgrade done on his Merc C220 ..was a clean install and the car sounded good but that was like couple of years back. That person also told me that he is a service dealer for few brands and also takes care of demo vehicles. Any one here had any experience with him or any clue about his work.
Old 18th April 2007, 09:39   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
... since when did you need to look for expert advice when it comes to an installation in your car.
a) I trust my EARS but am open to ideas from anyone I even listen to my son (BTW I used to use my sister's and wife's ears earlier but I find that my son's ears are also very good). I am one this forum to LEARN as well and I must say I have learnt a LOT. Thank you B&T, Sam, Gunbir, Blue Raven, Autophile, Zak, Hydra, et. al.

b) If I knew where Jacob was I'd have asked him to do my installs since my back wont allow me this luxury anymore.
Old 18th April 2007, 11:43   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Has anyone heard of Chandrika electronic's Umanath Shetty based at dadar west near portug.. church. Its sumeone whom i know in town had got upgrade done on his Merc C220 ..was a clean install and the car sounded good but that was like couple of years back. That person also told me that he is a service dealer for few brands and also takes care of demo vehicles. Any one here had any experience with him or any clue about his work.
Mr. Shetty is a very nice gentleman, knowledgeable person and a good installer. You are right, he has done some popular demo car installs although I'm not sure I can name them. Last time I spoke to Mr. Shetty, he had told me that he's working on some things for Alpine and due to this he is not able to dedicate much time to retail work. Maybe the staff at the shop could still help you, I would assume that he must have a good team there.
Old 18th April 2007, 11:53   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Mr. Shetty is a very nice gentleman...he had told me that he's working on some things for Alpine .
Was Chandrika not the Authorised service center for Alpine at one time?
Old 18th April 2007, 12:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Was Chandrika not the Authorised service center for Alpine at one time?

For Alpine, Blau, and some other brands also.
Old 21st October 2015, 15:14   #66
BHPian

Iceing up my Honda CRV - need advice

Dear ICE Gurus, need some advice
I am planning the below setup for my Honda CRV at Bangalore

Head Unit - Pioneer F60 BT
Amplifier - Hertz HDP5 5channel amp
Front Speakers – Morel elate 6.5 inch
Rear Speakers - Rainbow 5.25 inch C230 Vanadium
Digital Signal Processor – Pioneer DEQ P 800 5.1 Ch DSP
Subwoofer - JL Audio 10W7 10 inch Sub
Centre Channel Speaker- Alpine SBS 0715 Centre Channel Speaker

Have a few Doubts

• Is the Hertz 5channel Amplifier enough to carry the load for this entire set up
• Do I need another amp to power the subwoofer. If yes please suggest
• Planning to use Dynamat or STP for damping. Which is better? Dynamat or STP ? and how much Quantity of Damping sheet will I require
• What wires do I need to need? Was able to find this on ebay.. Will this do the job or can you suggest anything better? Also will this suffice or any other wires required for subwoofer,etc
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NVX-XKIT46-5...pVzhUF&vxp=mtr
• Planning to get the installation done by Anwar of Top Gear Kormangala. Is this guy still good or do you suggest somebody better

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NVX-XKIT46-5...pVzhUF&vxp=mtr

Thanks to everybody in advance
Old 22nd October 2015, 10:51   #67
BHPian

Re: Iceing up my Honda CRV - need advice

Why are you ordering wite kit from ebay?
The installation centre would have good quality wires. Just pick up a good quality kit at the store.
You would need speaker wires anyways.
True 16awg copper writes would suffice.

What is the objective of this setup. Sql?

How will the 5th channel be powered?

The amp can drive the 4 speakers and the sub.
And since its an suv, You can expect the cabin gain to play a huge part in the loudness of the sub.

The w7 bigger size generally gets boomy overpowering the front mids. The 10 inch unb the right box might get you what you are looking for. My view is if you want sq any decent 10 inch would do the job.
general_neo is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks