Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2023, 18:17   #121
BHPian

Re: Sony vs Pioneer Head-Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat347 View Post
Hi,

2) The HU USB was drilled near stock USB slot.
May I know why a new USB slot was drilled instead of using the stock USB port? I had the same HU installed in my WRV and was able to connect the HU to the stock USB port in front for both USB playback and Carplay.
Old 10th October 2023, 18:30   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay.india View Post
May I know why a new USB slot was drilled instead of using the stock USB port? I had the same HU installed in my WRV and was able to connect the HU to the stock USB port in front for both USB playback and Carplay.
Hi,

Actually Honda Amaze V has a slow charging USB port where as 1.5V USB was required to facilitate Apple Carplay. More over, I don't know why the existing port was not reused.

Last edited by Rajat347 : 10th October 2023 at 18:38.
Old 12th October 2023, 10:07   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat347 View Post
Hi,
The deal which i got was best in the market after 4 months of survey and its in Pune.
Nice upgrade! Would you mind sharing where the installation was done and how good they were?
Old 12th October 2023, 13:23   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Nice upgrade! Would you mind sharing where the installation was done and how good they were?
Hi,

Its Atharv Car Accessories, Balewadi just opposite to Jupiter Hospital.
But one has to do a great bargain and I also asked for complimentary perfume which he acknowledged .
Old 19th December 2023, 23:05   #125
BHPian

I am deliberating between the Pioneer 5290BT and the Sony 5500. I have gone through the thread and still not been able to decide. Looking at my car usage, which is minimal with may be couple of long trips every year, the Sony makes more sense as the options are not overwhelming and it's more approachable, however the disconnection issue some folks complained about above is putting me off? How big of a problem that is?
I am also looking at upgrading the stock speakers and again undecided what to go for?
let me summarize below-

Light usage, not an audiophile, but need hassle free experience with good support should something go wrong. For a VW Vento Highline 2012 model.
1)Sony 5500 vs Pioneer 5290? Want something which looks seemless and is easy to use.

2)Which speakers to go for- I am thinking Morel Maximo. Motorogue is doing a sale
https://www.motorogue.in/products/ga...o-combo-1.html

3)Where to get installation done? Motorogue does an installation service also but that's in Tardeo. I'd prefer something closer in navi mumbai.
doga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 20:22   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doga View Post
I am deliberating between the Pioneer 5290BT and the Sony 5500. I have gone through the thread and still not been able to decide. Looking at my car usage, which is minimal with may be couple of long trips every year, the Sony makes more sense as the options are not overwhelming and it's more approachable, however the disconnection issue some folks complained about above is putting me off? How big of a problem that is?
I am also looking at upgrading the stock speakers and again undecided what to go for?
let me summarize below-

Light usage, not an audiophile, but need hassle free experience with good support should something go wrong. For a VW Vento Highline 2012 model.
1)Sony 5500 vs Pioneer 5290? Want something which looks seemless and is easy to use..
I've been using the 5290 since 2020 and its awesome and no wonder its still sought after. Since you're not going with an amplifier i would suggest this over the sony as it also has 4v pre outs.

In your area you can check out vig auto accessories. He will probably suggest the Sony ES series speakers and rightly so. They're awesome and come with 3 years warranty. All of the ES series are good stuff.
straight6 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 00:25   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I've been using the 5290 since 2020 and its awesome and no wonder its still sought after. Since you're not going with an amplifier i would suggest this over the sony as it also has 4v pre outs.

In your area you can check out vig auto accessories. He will probably suggest the Sony ES series speakers and rightly so. They're awesome and come with 3 years warranty. All of the ES series are good stuff.
Thanks. I had preferred the 5290 initially but then started leaning towards the Sony as it is more novice friendly and more polished and brighter interface. I am no audiophile so the lack of 'advanced' features is ok. However, the phone connection drop on the Sony is concerning, not sure if it's fixed in the newer copies or not. Any brightness/UI issue with the pioneer at all?
I had contacted VIG originally earlier this year, but he didn't seem to be interested much. In fact it seemed the roles were reversed and I was the one going to make money! Maybe he was sniffing much lesser margin for far more hassle(older model/brackets availability etc) from my purchase compared to the usual more expensive upgrades he does for the sea of Cretas and XUV 700s

Anyone else? The palm beach road right ahead of Satra plaza seemed to be lined with car accessories shop and I pass through those quite frequently, but never mustered courage to stop and ask around.
Old 26th December 2023, 04:32   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I had preferred the 5290 initially but then started leaning towards the Sony as it is more novice friendly and more polished and brighter interface. I am no audiophile so the lack of 'advanced' features is ok. However, the phone connection drop on the Sony is concerning, not sure if it's fixed in the newer copies or not. Any brightness/UI issue with the pioneer at all?
I had contacted VIG originally earlier this year, but he didn't seem to be interested much. In fact it seemed the roles were reversed and I was the one going to make money! Maybe he was sniffing much lesser margin for far more hassle(older model/brackets availability etc) from my purchase compared to the usual more expensive upgrades he does for the sea of Cretas and XUV 700s

Anyone else? The palm beach road right ahead of Satra plaza seemed to be lined with car accessories shop and I pass through those quite frequently, but never mustered courage to stop and ask around.
Don't worry about the pioneers extra tuning features. That's something even I don't touch once tuned. I've never had the bt disconnection issue even once in 3 years.

Since you've had a bad experience with vig you're just better off either ordering from delhi or getting it from opera house where you will get a better than 30% discount on mrp of the Sony es series and having them installed by someone good. I would not suggest going to just any of these regular car audio shops as their installation and tuning knowledge is quite rubbish. I dont know much about that area as I'm from western suburbs.

Also make sure you use 100% ofc wiring everywhere.
Old 26th December 2023, 10:46   #129
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They only do high margin jobs and that too for selected cars.
Quote:
Check out Paras Car Decor in Sector-17. It is right next to VIG. The shop owner is Suresh Oberoi and the name of the guy who does the work is Javed. I recently got the Pioneer DMH-Z6350BT installed in my Figo from them. The mapping of the steering control was a challenge but he was very patient and helpful and was able to map the controls after trying for almost an hour. It is better to reach the shop by 11-11:30, preferably on a weekday, to ensure that your car is the first one on which they start working.

You can also visit Reliable Radio in Chembur.
AYP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 21:54   #130
BHPian

I went for the Pioneer unit. Ordered online from Motorogue. I see the box says Maruti Suzuki Genuine parts so kind of wondering if this'd be a problem as it'd be going in a Vento! I know the actual unit is probably going to be same however would there be warranty issues with Pioneer if something goes wrong? Can they say this was meant for a Maruti?
Regarding fitment, I had a word with Reliable radio at Lamington road and they seem to be pretty agreeable to do only fitting. I am going get some speakers also, just need to decide between online or getting it from the shop itself.
Old 14th February 2024, 01:48   #131
BHPian

Quote:
I went for the Pioneer unit. Ordered online from Motorogue. I see the box says Maruti Suzuki Genuine parts so kind of wondering if this'd be a problem as it'd be going in a Vento! I know the actual unit is probably going to be same however would there be warranty issues with Pioneer if something goes wrong? Can they say this was meant for a Maruti?
Regarding fitment, I had a word with Reliable radio at Lamington road and they seem to be pretty agreeable to do only fitting. I am going get some speakers also, just need to decide between online or getting it from the shop itself.
'Anyone has had similar experience with Motorogue?
Old 14th February 2024, 02:23   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have got damping from them in the past but not an HU. They also do installations and they use an SMD DD-1 distortion detector which is a good thing and you can also check and select speakers while you're there. I think Reliable Radio guys will probably set gain by ear which is not good so if you decide to go with them make them do it with a multimeter at least.

If you have a stamped warranty card from them then Pioneer will not have any issue with that.

Last edited by straight6 : 14th February 2024 at 02:24.
Old 15th February 2024, 12:52   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You mean the Pioneer product with Maruti Suzuki branding? Yes, I got my Pioneer 5290 with a similar marking.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 13:54   #134
BHPian

Planning to go for an HU upgrade in a 2016 Honda City V i-Vtec. I wanted to check if I can install XAV-AX8500 in the dash given it's a 10.1-inch unit or if should I go ahead with XAV-AX6000 which is a smaller 6.95-inch unit. Also are there installers in Delhi who can find the right frames, I read on one of the threads here that CCPL Surat (now https://www.carsutra.shop/) makes these. Can someone verify if we can place the orders online or get them products in a brick-and-mortar store?
Also wanted to check if I should consider Pioneer units, I like their pricing but read awful reviews about their laggy OS.
My requirements (in given order):
1) Wireless Apple Carplay/ Android Auto
2) Bigger Screen (primarily for navigation)
3) Fast Software
4) Capacitive Touch
5) Ability to work with existing car hardware (steering controls, rear camera, USB port)
Old 25th March 2024, 14:26   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord View Post
Planning to go for an HU upgrade in a 2016 Honda City V i-Vtec. I wanted to check if I can install the XAV-AX8500 in the dash, given that it's a 10.1-inch unit, or if I should go ahead with the XAV-AX6000, a smaller 6.95-inch unit. Also, are there installers in Delhi who can find the right frames?
Hello

I have installed XAV-AX5500 6.95” in my 2017 City.
A simple frame is needed and steering controls, camera ands usb port work properly.
So installing the 6.95” AX6600 will not be an issue.

Thought after comparing it with usual android 10.1” touchscreens, the 6.95” screen does feel small. Considering the fact that frames are readily available for 10.1” android systems, I don’t think installing the AX8500 will be any issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord View Post
Also, I wanted to check if I should consider Pioneer units. I like their pricing but read awful reviews about their laggy OS.
I also thought about the same but finally settled for the Sony and will suggest you go ahead with the Sony too.
-The capacitive touch is great
-Boots up within 5 seconds of starting the car
-No lag with CarPlay of any kind - can’t comment on wireless CarPlay though.
-Physical glow up buttons for basic functions
-Sony’s sound quality is best in my opinion for the price.

Hope this helps!
Dr.M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks