Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2007, 20:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi lbm,

so now you have started making fun of me? lol.. i know the shortforms. its been quite a while i know them and once navinji also explained it to me on my earlier thread.

lbm paaji i have to build an enclosure for my friend for his civic. actually im responsible for his whole install(comps, amp, wiring etc.) if you could suggest the ported enclosure volume for pio 12" subs? he has around 6 subs. 2 302, 2 304, 2, 306. imo pio subs have similar t/s specs. so please suggest the volume. ok lets make it pio 306. please suggest an enclosure for spl.

And navinji, these are not SMS/Chat lingo IMHO. you can use these here in tbhp. sounding like a mod?? (dont take this seriously im just kidding)

cheers
clip
NO sir I was not pulling your leg......I was just clearing some doubts....

Is your friend planning to add 6 subs in his boot.....

all the pioneer subs have different t/s specs....so let us know which sub it is like Navin Ji asked......
Old 15th May 2007, 18:39   #32
BHPian

hi,

he wants to put 2 subs with a helix hxa400 amp. btw how is this amp? he bought it from germany around 4-5 years back

we have 2 options regarding the subs. 1 is to use 302c and the other is to use 306c. he has 5 subs(just confirmed) 2 304 are installed in his safari.

ill explain again.

we have 2 302c subs and 1 306 sub. which one is better? he'll have to buy a 306 if we choose that. now suggest

cheers

clip
Old 15th May 2007, 18:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

the helix give 70 x 4 at 4 ohms and 250 x 2 at 4 ohms in bridged mode...and it is a quite nice and clean amp...I would suggest it for speaker rather than woofers....so please consider it again....

also if you planning to add subs choose same model and dont mix and match...also he 302 is quite old sub...I think it will be working fine....and I am a bit sure it will be a F as earlier day it was hard to find a C woofer....

So you are left with a 306 only.....
Old 16th May 2007, 10:49   #34
Team-BHP Support

clip, see if 1 306 sub is adequate. use the helix to drive the front components at 70W x 2 and the 306C in a 1.25 cu. ft. sealed box at 250W x 1.
Old 16th May 2007, 10:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
clip, see if 1 306 sub is adequate. use the helix to drive the front components at 70W x 2 and the 306C in a 1.25 cu. ft. sealed box at 250W x 1.
I think one sub will not be a option there as they are punjab de putter....they will be installing two subs Navin Ji.....so let us wait for clip to answer.....
Old 16th May 2007, 11:02   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I think one sub will not be a option there as they are punjab de putter....they will be installing two subs Navin Ji..........
SO is this a 2 sub and 6 TS20 insall? ;-) just kidding guys. I have so many of such installs (Sub and TS20) aound Mumbai, I'm kinda jaded.

It seems like to me that Indians believe that if the system they ahve can produce the lows and highs it can produce the middle as well.
Old 16th May 2007, 11:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SO is this a 2 sub and 6 TS20 insall? ;-) just kidding guys. I have so many of such installs (Sub and TS20) aound Mumbai, I'm kinda jaded.

It seems like to me that Indians believe that if the system they ahve can produce the lows and highs it can produce the middle as well.
In India I seems that the system which can produce high clearly is a good SQ setup....and the low end is optional if one can produce it then it is said to be good thing.......lol

So even the autorickshaws in mumbai have a nice setup then.....
Old 16th May 2007, 12:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In India I seems that the system which can produce high clearly is a good SQ setup....and the low end is optional if one can produce it then it is said to be good thing.......lol
So even the autorickshaws in mumbai have a nice setup then.....
Quote:
It depends on level at which the SQ is being upgraded... first they have to move up from systems deprived of highs/lows to those that produces at least "something" at both ends, accuracy comes later and it is a different story altogether
Old 16th May 2007, 16:57   #39
BHPian

hi guys,
punjab da putter wants 2 subs. he gives a damn about sq. all he wants is baaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssss. he wants to be low bass makker which he can try throughout his life but cant ;-)).

guys 1 more friend is asking for 306dvc enclosure volume and port dimension. they think im kind of a guru. lol. good im cashing in on navinji and the gang's expertise.(not money guys reputation as a pro) just kidding lol. but seriously so many guys here have asked me to do an install. IMHO i think im better than the installers here. obviously i have a backing from you guys. :-)

ok on the serious note, the civic guy is going for jbl comps front with 2 subs.(god i only i know how i convinced him that rear fill isnt all that important if you sit in the front.)

now the subs are 302f. no, IB and sealed install is not his cup of tea. what to do. but i also made the enclosure for my 304f remember navinji, they were producing a lot of hard hitting bass. what do you guys recommend?

now the other guy with 2 306 dvc subs. ok he is running a single coil per sub cause he has a monobloc (pio 510) can it power dual two 4 ohm dvc subs? should i go for what pio recommends ?

help me maintain my rep as a guru brothers lol.

clip
Old 16th May 2007, 23:52   #40
Team-BHP Support

clip, the real difference between the F and C is the Qts. But like I have said before there are few rules in audio. One member on this forum uses a 304C in free air and it produces a lot of BOOM but he likes BOOM so more power to him.

I do not advocate neutral sound or BOOM. I do advoate a clean install with the minimum of rattles, buzzes, and a sound that is well balanced (front to rear, left to right).

Taking a F series woofer and dumping it in a small box with make it produce some punchy bass but the low end will be limited to about 50Hz after which the drop off will eb quite fast. Taking a C series woofer and putting it in free air will make a lot of BOOM (over blown bass).

I have lost track about which guy has what wofers and how many. I think you are now advising atleast 3 or 4 friends right?
Old 17th May 2007, 13:46   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I have lost track about which guy has what wofers and how many. I think you are now advising atleast 3 or 4 friends right?
hi navinji

hehe 2 friends and me so that makes three of us. i think i understand you better than before. one at a time ok? i wont confuse you guys anymore.

this is a general query

ok now i need MDF for my enclosure. i went to the market for a survey. i was looking for NUWUD MDF. There are three grades available.

green stamp, red stamp, black stamp. these are the three grades. i think in my sealed enclosure green stamp NUWUD MDF was used. im not too sure.

LBM sir can you please let me know which is the best for an enclosure? what MDF are you using rightnow?

cheers

clip
Old 17th May 2007, 23:59   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
green stamp, red stamp, black stamp. these are the three grades. i think in my sealed enclosure green stamp NUWUD MDF was used. im not too sure.
Sadly I dont use plain MDF anymore. I found a sandwich of 6mm marine grade ply, 2 layers of 3mm resin bonded fiberglass and 4 mm MDF offer the best "stiffness for effort" ratio.
Old 18th May 2007, 17:14   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Sadly I dont use plain MDF anymore. I found a sandwich of 6mm marine grade ply, 2 layers of 3mm resin bonded fiberglass and 4 mm MDF offer the best "stiffness for effort" ratio.
hi,

is this the better way navin? i wont try it bu im just asking.

guys im not happy with you, specially lbm.(kidding ) no one is helping me with the MDF part. kahaan gaye sab ke sab? b&t, JB, Gunman, Sam???

help me yaar.
Old 18th May 2007, 17:21   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi,

is this the better way navin? i wont try it bu im just asking.

guys im not happy with you, specially lbm.(kidding ) no one is helping me with the MDF part. kahaan gaye sab ke sab? b&t, JB, Gunman, Sam???

help me yaar.
Yaar I dont know about the different grades .....that why I am quite...rest check the MDF which is fully stiff....and not soft from inside....
Old 18th May 2007, 17:32   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Yaar I dont know about the different grades .....that why I am quite...rest check the MDF which is fully stiff....and not soft from inside....
ok ok paaji never mind. but if you let me know the price you paid for mdf it would be great

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks