Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2022, 09:16   #31
BHPian

Re: Hign end JL Audio upgrade in my Baleno RS

Man this is next level. Congratulations for your setup.

How is the panel gap/fitting after using these much damping material?

How much time it took to complete this mamoth project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
  • Dr Artex 2.0mm damping - 10,000
  • Dr Artex 2.6mm damping - 23,400
  • Dr Artex Foam Lace - 7,000
  • Dr Artex VibroBarrier - 8,900
Noob question : if we go only for the above, does it make serious improvement to the NVH of the vehicle?
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 11:27   #32
BHPian

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
And with that, let's end this post. A massive shoutout to Raghu (he's the one-man army at Prowork Custom Installs) for bringing such an incredible project to fruition. His passion and dedication are unmatched, it was all or nothing from the very beginning.
Thanks for reading!
Hi Rog_AK,
That seems like one hell of a setup. Raghu has done an amazing job and I think the only guy that can match his work is Ramie here in Mumbai(Mumbai BHPians will definitely know him). Enjoy and to many more miles

Last edited by Sheel : 17th July 2022 at 16:13. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
KK2001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 17:21   #33
BHPian

Re: High end JL Audio upgrade in my Maruti Baleno RS

Congratulations on your insane audio upgrade easily worth a new car!!!

It was so involving to read the whole thread; the purchase and efforts, building it actually and final testing.

My mind already started to calculate the pricing while reading the thread. I decided my own figures without checking the www and boy… it was nowhere near at what you actually spent
You are a serious audiophile!!

Since it really becomes a question about the resale value of your car. But I think you will not sale this one and hold as much as possible.

Can you please share how did you got your hands on all these parts- imported or home delivered? Can you share links if possible.

Lastly- Raghu is a craftsman!!

Now as like many here; I have also itch to listen to this heavenly set up.

Should I ping you whenever I am in Bangalore?

Congratulations again and enjoy the set up to the fullest.

Keep posting.

Cheers
Guru_Shikhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 14:28   #34
BHPian

Hey everyone, thanks for all your kind words . Just wanted to clarify a few points:
  • I will not be selling the car. I will use it till the end and scrap it, after removing all the components first. They can be used again in another car.
  • This setup is aimed at sound quality and not loudness. It does get loud but it is not classified as a loud setup. The total RMS is only 1400W, in loud setups the sub alone is a minimum 1000W RMS. With all the damping, you hardly hear any sound outside the car, even the sub can't be heard much.
  • The major components were purchased from 2 places. The speakers, AMPs and HU was bought from 'The Winkle' in Mumbai while the sub, DSP, damping and distribution blocks were bought from Car Mahak in Delhi. They are all billed and have their respective warranties. Raghu got the wiring.
    Supreme Audiotronics is the sole distributor for JL Audio in India.
  • I would be glad to give anyone interested a demo, just PM me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post

I see you're based out of Bangalore. Can you give me a reference for this place?
Raghu is fine taking on any project. I have sent his details via PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
The Damping work looked good as well. If you could help us understand whether the cost for the damping was only material or material plus labor? I was checking the same 10 sheets of Dr.Artex - it comes to around 8k - hence wanted to understand the price difference.
I assume you are referring to the 2.0mm damping? If so, it took about 12 sheets and hence it cost 10k. Also, the door damping was done more than 2 years ago and there is bound to be a price difference since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
Just one question: Was this your only car? How did you manage the year-long setup?
This isn't the only car and hence it was much easier to get this done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmenhr View Post
I am trying to figure out who went more bonkers in this process - you or Raghu?
Krish
That would be me Raghu gave his suggestions and never forced anything, he did have a free hand with the installation though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
How is the panel gap/fitting after using this much damping material?

How much time it took to complete this mamoth project?

Noob question : if we go only for the above, does it make serious improvement to the NVH of the vehicle?
There are no issues with panel gaps etc, there is lots of space empty space inside the panels actually (in a Baleno anyway, not sure about other cars).
It took about a year for the entire project.
The damping does have a significant impact on the NVH. Damping just the doors alone would make a big difference. Start with that first.
ROG_AK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 16:06   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Raghu is fine taking on any project. I have sent his details via PM.
Is it possible to share the contact details of the installer, here, would help people in Bangalore.
Asking because, google search about this installer didn't help much.
redCherry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 05:07   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post
Is it possible to share the contact details of the installer, here, would help people in Bangalore.
Added the contact number at the end of the original post
ROG_AK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 09:21   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmenhr View Post
So a Baleno worth btwn 8 to 10 lakhs gets an audio system worth 6+ lakhs!!!!! I am trying to figure out who went more bonkers in this process - you or Raghu?
Everyone has the right to spend their own money the way they want to . To each, his own . No one thinks twice about spending 6-lakhs on a holiday in Europe or the USA for 2 - 3 weeks. I know some people who spend 10 lakhs on a watch.

Here, it gives him more joy every time he drives his car. Years of aural pleasure vs just the 2 - 3 weeks that a European holiday would give him. I am all for splurging on things I'm passionate about. In fact, big expenses & acquisitions actually inspire me to work harder.

@ ROG_AK, keep rocking, man. Get it covered by insurance & always, always park in a safe spot.

Last edited by GTO : 19th July 2022 at 09:22.
GTO is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 14:49   #38
BHPian

Congratulations on your Baleno's next-level audio setup. You and Raghu deserve hats off for your patience, research, and hard work. With the exception of damping, these parts can be used in any new car without affecting its resale value. Can you hear other vehicles honking when driving with music on since the entire car is dampened? Or even without music.
Old 19th July 2022, 18:16   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Saint View Post
Can you hear other vehicles honking when driving with music on since the entire car is dampened? Or even without music.
You hear absolutely nothing from the outside while driving with music, this was something that took time for me to get used to and meant that I have to be more attentive to the surroundings.
Without music, you do hear the honking. In spite of all the damping, the weakest link is the glass areas. Insulated glass would have enhanced the experience further, something I plan to look into.
Old 19th July 2022, 21:15   #40
BHPian

Great audio setup, JL is the top brand for aftermarket car audio system. The install is clean, to eachs its own-for amount invested in ICE. Happy listening!
~Zombie~ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 14:42   #41
BHPian

What a journey and what a setup!! Congratulations and enjoy it!!

I am sure the feeling you get when listening to it is PRICELESS!! - that settles the conversation about the amount spent
prashantuchil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 20:26   #42
BANNED

Wish to know one thing though, will upgrading the Hertz 4 channel amp to JL Audio four channel amp make any significant difference in audio output? Strictly using Apple music lossless connected through wired Android auto. The current configuration in my Skoda Rapid is given below.
1. Rainbow DL components in front
2. Rainbow DL components in the rear
3. Hertz 4 channel amp powering the components.
4. Rainbow 12inch subwoofer in an enclosed container.
5. Infinity mono amp powering the sub.
6. Pioneer 5290BT head unit.
Old 22nd July 2022, 09:48   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Wish to know one thing though, will upgrading the Hertz 4 channel amp to JL Audio four channel amp make any significant difference in audio output?
It would make a difference with the higher-end JL AMPs, I don't think the price to performance would be justified though. There would be a much more significant difference if you got a DSP and tuned everything properly.
Old 22nd July 2022, 11:27   #44
BANNED

Quote:
You hear absolutely nothing from the outside while driving with music, this was something that took time for me to get used to and meant that I have to be more attentive to the surroundings.
Without music, you do hear the honking. In spite of all the damping, the weakest link is the glass areas. Insulated glass would have enhanced the experience further, something I plan to look into.
What about engine noise, road noise, tyre noise ? Do all these sounds dampen too with such treatment ?
Old 22nd July 2022, 13:29   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Wish to know one thing though, will upgrading the Hertz 4 channel amp to JL Audio four channel amp make any significant difference in audio output?
Agree with ROG_AK. You have a pretty decent setup. The next perceivable enhancement can come with addition of a DSP - which help you fine tune and stage the sound.
prashantuchil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks