Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2007, 08:31   #16
BHPian

Thanks Speedzak. I appreciate your comments.

All I want to put across is that in this budget with an expensive headunit, I feel the speakers( coaxials and 2 way) do a good job without an amplifier.

If I would have gone for a cheaper headunit front the Pioneer the cost would have some down by 20%-25% without sacrificing the output. I am saying this for members who are on a limited budget for ICE like I was.

I have seen good number of people installing Pioneer and Sony speakers at around same or marginaly lower prices. For few bucks more you can get Hertz, JBL and others which are far better.

There is no limit to it. Someone told me it works on the principal of "law of diminishing returns".

I am enjoying my ICE which I got for 20k, then what I got for 17k i.e Pioneer 460 watts coaxials, sony amp and a headunit 5750.

Last edited by horsepower : 23rd June 2007 at 08:33.
Old 23rd June 2007, 10:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
As for the tweeter mounted near the RVM Vs mounted vertically on the RVM pods... LBM, for the sake of my curiosity, can you please elaborate what would be the exact improvement over the way its installed in the photo.

That said, the current location at the corner of the dash, next to the A pillar, is ideal for this specific setup.
If horse power is happy then there is no need to discuss is further....but I would again suggest the face of the tweeter not to the roof...
Old 23rd June 2007, 10:45   #18
BHPian

Congrats,Thats a nice install! i got to know about the quality of HERTZ through team bhp!even though the speakers look small it can produce great sound,even i got my accent HERTZ'd last month and i am very happy with it
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:33   #19
BHPian

Very nice setup, how much was the complete install?
I am looking at a Hertz vs JBL setup
Old 23rd June 2007, 12:05   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Some pictures of the install.

Wiring

Congrats Horsepower. I have almost similar setup with difference just in HU. I have 5950 IB.

The first pic is of Connection Cables, while in the second pic, the cable shown looks like the OEM. For which part was the connection cable used ? Without amp does it make a difference to go for that higher end cable ?

I remember my installation guy told me that don't play music at very high volumes varna doors ki waat lag jayegi. When ever I listen to a song with good bass I can feel my door vibrating.
Old 23rd June 2007, 12:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
I remember my installation guy told me that don't play music at very high volumes varna doors ki waat lag jayegi. When ever I listen to a song with good bass I can feel my door vibrating.
sir you need damping...like this one...

Old 23rd June 2007, 13:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
If horse power is happy then there is no need to discuss is further....but I would again suggest the face of the tweeter not to the roof...
Regardless of that, please elaborate. Why is it so necessary in your opinion to avoid pointing the angled tweeters this way.

Last edited by gunbir : 23rd June 2007 at 13:28.
Old 23rd June 2007, 14:37   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

A clean setup, good HU and nice speakers. Keep the loudness, eq and all that masala off and enjoy the music.
Old 23rd June 2007, 14:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
even though the speakers look small it can produce great sound,even i got my accent HERTZ'd last month and i am very happy with it
Congrats for getting your accent hertz'd. I am sure you must be a very happy man now.

Quote:
Very nice setup, how much was the complete install?
I am looking at a Hertz vs JBL setup
Hi! Raja, thanks. I paid around 20k. I have not heard JBL setup, so cannot comment. But you can always compare the two with your ears and reach a conclusion.

austere_sly, wiring was used to connect the rear speakers. regarding vibrations, I guess gunbir is the right person to answer that.
Old 23rd June 2007, 15:05   #25
BHPian

Why not fronts also? Are there any OEM supplied speaker cables?
Also,
Around how much Power/speaker cabling is used in similar setups?
And how do they cost per metre?

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 23rd June 2007 at 15:07.
Old 23rd June 2007, 17:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Why not fronts also? Are there any OEM supplied speaker cables?
Also,
Around how much Power/speaker cabling is used in similar setups?
And how do they cost per metre?
Yes, there is stock cabling from the HU harness to the front door locations. Beyond that, the cables that come with the inline crossovers are used in the front so no cables required for the front here. See pic.

There was around 2.5 mtr 18ga cable used for rear doors as the stock wiring doesn't to into the doors on the LDi model. Maruti leaves it in the cabin. So additional cable was used. The 18ga cable costed Rs 80 per mtr, so Horsepower would have paid Rs 200 for cables.
Old 23rd June 2007, 17:41   #27
BHPian

Aha!

Thanks for the insight. Will prove useful to me when I do my friend's Swift Lxi install. He's favouring the Pioneers for now, But I'll try and force Hertz onto him....lol....Which I'm sure he's gonna like anyways after he samples the Hertz as compared to Pio.
Old 24th June 2007, 15:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:

I have got the following components installed in my car:
1) Pioneer 7950UB
2) Hertz DSK 165, 2 way system
3) Hertz DCX 165, Coaxial
can you please post the price for that things.
Old 24th June 2007, 15:57   #29
BHPian

Scaryskulls, ask your friend to check out differnet makes other then Pioneer. I was also a Pioneer Guy but after listening to Hertz changed my loyalties. But with brands like Hertz, JBL and Alpine I guess he has better options to spend money then on Pioneer.
Old 24th June 2007, 17:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Aha!

Thanks for the insight. Will prove useful to me when I do my friend's Swift Lxi install. He's favouring the Pioneers for now, But I'll try and force Hertz onto him....lol....Which I'm sure he's gonna like anyways after he samples the Hertz as compared to Pio.
Quote:
Scaryskulls, ask your friend to check out differnet makes other then Pioneer. I was also a Pioneer Guy but after listening to Hertz changed my loyalties. But with brands like Hertz, JBL and Alpine I guess he has better options to spend money then on Pioneer.
Guys, just asking what difference did you found between hertz, jbl alpine against pioneer ???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks