Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2007, 15:09   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Panky12345, you got to listen to the hertz entry level speakers and they are many light years ahead of Pioneer speakers.
Pioneer is not a good speaker to use as a reference.
Old 26th June 2007, 15:24   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Panky12345, you got to listen to the hertz entry level speakers and they are many light years ahead of Pioneer speakers.
I dont think they are light years ahead....it is quite a big difference.Be some thing practical yaar.
Old 26th June 2007, 16:41   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
@scary....terrible treble? and no bass.... pio is famous for one-note bass notes and that dhink chak sound!
Yes. I can now understand the difference with single layer and multi layered bass.

@Low Bass -> No specific model. From the base model till the top lvel Kevlar cone ones. Same thing observed by MY ears.
Old 27th June 2007, 19:43   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I dont think they are light years ahead....it is quite a big difference.Be some thing practical yaar.
LBM, Lets be practical. They are better then Pioneer and Sony. I have no idea about Alpine and JBL stuff. So kindly throw some light.
Old 27th June 2007, 20:03   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM, Lets be practical. They are better then Pioneer and Sony. I have no idea about Alpine and JBL stuff. So kindly throw some light.
I am very practical here..earlier I had the pioneer Kevlar series speakers and then I got the DLS and that also the most top of there line. there was a huge difference between them i would say on the scale of 1-10 if DLS is 10 then pioneer was about 6.

Pioneer speakers are bad I agree but not so bad as you commented. they are good value for money and many users are quite happy with them.

I had listened to the deici series in Khadu`s car they were nice but I did not see much great difference which can be accounted for light years.

If by any chance you can drop to Faridabad my friend car has pioneer Kevlar series and I want you to listen to them ..may be you might change your perspective.
Old 27th June 2007, 20:12   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Nothing is ahead of anything. Different brands make different sounding stuff.
Pioneer speakers are not preferred by many, but they still are one of the highest selling speakers in the world. This does not automatically mean the rest of the world outside Team-BHP are all fools.

I think, HP what LBM is trying to say, is that the use of the term "light years ahead" signifies some technology, not yet achieved by the latter brand. Not true.

A very important member of TBHP, very recently rejected JBL speakers for his car and chose Pioneer. The JBL speakers were not bright enough for him. The Pioneer was the sound he liked. Does this make Pioneer light years ahead of JBL?
Not by a long shot.

No brand is better than another.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 27th June 2007 at 20:15.
Old 27th June 2007, 20:27   #52
BHPian

Hi! LBM and Sam,

I just wanted to put across my view in a better way by saying " Light years Ahead." All I meant was that I found them to be better then Pioneer. LBM you interpreted it in a wrong way.

I did not want to offend anyone here using Pioneer or any other brand. Since I got my car ICE'd up and was excited about the way new setup sounded and it was just a personal opinion.

Maybe, if I would have heard JBL, then would have gone for them over Pioneer as I thnik they are better then Pioneer and mind you it is just a personal opinion. If you like any x,y,z brand I don't mind as long as I have what I want.
Old 27th June 2007, 20:29   #53
BHPian

Guys some pictures of the headunit. Pioneer 7950 UB

Old 27th June 2007, 20:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

Looks like an exotic genre was being played while taking these snaps!
Nice shots, BTW. What is the maximum capacity of USB drive it can handle?

Last edited by santosh.s : 27th June 2007 at 20:45.
Old 27th June 2007, 20:56   #55
BHPian

hmmm Exotic. Well it is regular akon number( Dirty Version).

I guess it can handle upto 250 GB. Anyone with real figures?
Old 28th June 2007, 02:55   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am very practical here..
I had listened to the deici series in Khadu`s car they were nice but I did not see much great difference which can be accounted for light years.
LBM, you are comparing a $300 retail component set from Pioneer, that would probably retail here for close to Rs 16000 with B&W... to a Rs 6000 Retail HERTZ component set. And in your opinion, you did not see much great difference... well, thanks for the compliment. I knew the Dieci comps were very good but I did not know you were so impressed with them.

But do try comparing the Pioneer set to a pair of Infinity Kappa Ref or HERTZ Hi-Energy HSK components (or others that fall in this price bracket). Now that would be a reasonable (practical?) comparison. And I can easily assure you, either of the latter sets will annihilate the Pioneer set in terms of musicality and balance.
Old 28th June 2007, 03:25   #57
Senior - BHPian

the pioneer speaker sells for 8-9k in the grey and it is offically priced earlier at 12.5k which is reduced in the new price list . so I think they are practically matched and hence comparable.
Old 28th June 2007, 05:17   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the pioneer speaker sells for 8-9k in the grey and it is offically priced earlier at 12.5k which is reduced in the new price list . so I think they are practically matched and hence comparable.
How is a 12.5K set practically matched to a 6K set? its still two categories higher if you consider the Infinity Ref @ 8.5K B&W and HERTZ Energy @ 9.1K B&W

Last edited by gunbir : 28th June 2007 at 05:19.
Old 28th June 2007, 10:59   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd have to agree here, LBM. There is a big difference between 8000 and 12000.
And even if Pioneer was 8K, given their sound quality, it would probably be last on my list.
Old 28th June 2007, 11:07   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
A very important member of TBHP, very recently rejected JBL speakers for his car and chose Pioneer. The JBL speakers were not bright enough for him. The Pioneer was the sound he liked. Does this make Pioneer light years ahead of JBL?
Not by a long shot.
I think I know him!!

Yes, I would agree with SAM here that everybody has a unique listening preference....you just cant compare brand X with brand Y vaguely. I think what LBM was trying to say that Pio is not that bad for the price that you pay.

JBL makes some real good stuff and thats probably why I have them in my car....but I don't mind listening to Pio set up in my another car. Its purely a matter of personal choice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks