Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2007, 23:11   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
maybe i should stop posting in team bhp and leave it? what say lbm? :-) you want that to happen? im not getting a good feeling.

clip
oh no puttar ...we enjoy reading your post...keep it you and we love what you do , and I dont want you to leave Tbhp. why do you want to leave .

Look you said one more thing you wanna try , leave tbhp.

No need sir.. we enjoy your company. So please stay and enjoy.

Bolo Tara rara
Old 5th July 2007, 23:15   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
maybe i should stop posting in team bhp and leave it? what say lbm? :-) you want that to happen? im not getting a good feeling.

clip
What's with all these wonderful punjabis going sour lately ??? Something to do with the season, i guess. come on man clipto, me too would love to see you do some DIY carputer sometime (so that i can flick it from you when you come to pondy). LOL
Old 6th July 2007, 00:20   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
oh no puttar ...we enjoy reading your post...keep it you and we love what you do , and I dont want you to leave Tbhp. why do you want to leave .

Look you said one more thing you wanna try , leave tbhp.

No need sir.. we enjoy your company. So please stay and enjoy.

Bolo Tara rara
hi,

thanks lbm, i really needed those words. i really love and respect you guys. i love reading your posts and discussions that you have and the fact that the answers are alwasy ready for any question. :-) tbhp is the best thing that could ever happen to me.
im looking forward to meet all you guys. im really enjoying tbhp and your company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
What's with all these wonderful punjabis going sour lately ??? Something to do with the season, i guess. come on man clipto, me too would love to see you do some DIY carputer sometime (so that i can flick it from you when you come to pondy). LOL
nothings wrong with us punjabis. thanks alot but i dont think my wifey would ever let me install a carputer as she doesn't like flashy stuff at all. she even hates the pio 6850 hu that i have in our car(the car is with her 95% of the time lol) i just take permission to go for a drive
but maybe one day she understands what i love doing.(but she loves the ice and really enjoy music and trust me she even has her own way of listening(she sets the lpf, fader, etc according to her tastes lol)

enough about her. lol

cheers
clip
bolo tararara kanjri kalol kardi hehehe

ps. - will definitely see you when i go to pudducherry lol.

Last edited by clipto333 : 6th July 2007 at 00:22.
Old 6th July 2007, 00:46   #79
BHPian

Nice installation shldn.. looks better than OEM
Old 6th July 2007, 07:28   #80
BHPian

Looks absolutely class... great job shldn
Old 6th July 2007, 12:41   #81
BHPian

Thanks guys !

@ ankur, the screen angle is slightly compromised in getting it flush, even though the lcd benzel is recessed with a slight upward tilt. However once it is up and running it the LCD angle could be adjusted by a spacer giving it maybe 5-10 degrees additional upward tilt if required.

Ideally i'd have liked to place the screen where the hvac controls are at and relocate the controls below. Would be a bit more effort than this as the controls would have to be relocated below and would have to line up perfectly with the benzel. However sunlight readibility would be slightly difficult in this position.

@busa, there are 4 usb connectors right to the bottom left of the steering wheel. 2 additional ones are flush in the tray below the steering wheel for devices which require space.

@DerAlte & Steeroid, yes those boffins have been producing some plain jane center consoles for a while now and theres loads of space wasted, but you needent be stuck with it or any other part for that matter. Here's the plastic monstrosity they call the center console in the Safari .

From what i've seen the fan speed is a rotary switch and the vent control and temperature control are cable based. The controls are mounted on a panel and generally most buttons are mounted on a PCB underneath, so it can be relocated. I'm sure there'd be some good suggestions here for this once actuals pics are posted.
Old 6th July 2007, 12:54   #82
Team-BHP Support

reall nice shldn.. love the usb ports. everything looks factory fitted.
Old 6th July 2007, 13:03   #83
Senior - BHPian

Whats the USB ports for??

Also, I dont think its a good idea to place it below the steering. All the dangling wires could tie your feet up !!
Old 6th July 2007, 13:14   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Whats the USB ports for??

Also, I dont think its a good idea to place it below the steering. All the dangling wires could tie your feet up !!
The USB's for additional expandibility for devices with a USB connector, such as pen drives, external drives or any other devices such as BT dongles, cellphones etc.
The 2 USB ports mentioned are in the cubby below the steering wheel. There wont be any dangling wires once fitted.
Old 6th July 2007, 14:01   #85
Senior - BHPian

so the USB is what you fitter post purchase? wow! it looks very neatly put in!
Old 6th July 2007, 15:08   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shldn View Post
From what i've seen the fan speed is a rotary switch and the vent control and temperature control are cable based. The controls are mounted on a panel and generally most buttons are mounted on a PCB underneath, so it can be relocated. I'm sure there'd be some good suggestions here for this once actuals pics are posted.
Thanks, @shldn, let me play around with some ideas and ask for suggestions.
Old 9th July 2007, 09:32   #87
NIP
Senior - BHPian

shldn...it would be great if you could start a thread like 'DIY - Car PC' with complete listing of components required with approx. prices, sources etc. This could really help prospective car pc builders like me
Old 9th July 2007, 16:52   #88
BHPian

I love the USB port fitting, very well done.
Old 10th July 2007, 11:05   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shldn View Post
5-10 degrees additional upward tilt if required.

However sunlight readibility would be slightly difficult in this position.

@busa, there are 4 usb connectors right to the bottom left of the steering wheel. 2 additional ones are flush in the tray below the steering wheel for devices which require space.
if the screen had been moved up it would have need a hood and/or a slight downward tilt to improve readability in sunlight. that would mean that the entire dash look would have changed. I think your solution is excellent even if one has to reach for the controls a bit.

why not use the space ahead of the window controls for the USB ports. having a wire come up to the steering wheel past above the left leg might be interfering.
Old 10th July 2007, 11:45   #90
BHPian

The USB ports, yea i like them too .

As for the DIY CarPC thread, sys_whiz has already started one here, i guess we could continue the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
why not use the space ahead of the window controls for the USB ports. having a wire come up to the steering wheel past above the left leg might be interfering.
The space ahead of the window controls could later be used for an additional control device such as this. The existing location for the USB ports was simply convenient.

All the wires going to the dashboard are routed and secured properly, some along the vehicle harness wires and securing connectors, so theres nothing left dangling which could interfere with the driver.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks