Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2007, 10:50   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Installation was not very clean. I can see white coloured tape not cut properly below tweeter which constrast with gray dash. But I did not insist on removing it and sticking it again. I will do a small DIY to re-paste it.
Let me know when you want to DIY. I'd love to help you out buddy. Congrats and glad to know that this is sorted out.

Enjoy your ICE!
Old 17th September 2007, 13:43   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK, finally, I got Illusion EL 4.1 comps installed. EL4.1 comes with woofer, tweeter and crossov
Main part - after replacing MTX 4" coax with Illusion compoents - sound quality is very very clear. There is some improvement in BASS quality also. I have a feeling that amp will bring out even better sound out of these comps.

Thanks to B&T and Moral Fibre for helping me on this.

I have not compared this against kicker or any other 4" components. But I certainly will recommend this over any 4" coax.

Whew, sure is a relief that things are sorted out. Glad you enjoy the upgrade. All the best in the quest for the 6x9.

B&T
Old 18th September 2007, 14:29   #93
BHPian

Quote:
OK, finally, I got Illusion EL 4.1 comps installed.

I have not compared this against kicker or any other 4" components. But I certainly will recommend this over any 4" coax.
Congratulations radek on the successful setup of the comps. Good to know that the sound quality has improved now. just one doubt, will they be able to handle an amplifier without any issues?

Gurus, can you recommend outlets in Bangalore who stock the EL4.1 comps. (checked with Sprocket, Koramangala they didnt not have them.
Old 18th September 2007, 17:59   #94
BHPian

@ethanh: With whatever I read on this forum, it is possible to connect amplifier to 4" speaker with HPF settings. This will not load the speaker with low frequencies.

Send PM to B&T for availability in Bangalore.

What are you planning for rear 6x9 or sub?
Old 19th September 2007, 00:16   #95
BHPian

I spoke to one of the guys here and he confirmed your view that the 4" can take the amps without any problem.

I am still not sure what to do at the back.. Not sure if just the Sub would be enough and I am not sure how it will work out for the long drives when there will be luggage in the tiny boot.. I feel at least 6" coax would be needed in the back

This guy was suggesting a Active Sub-woofer. Any takes on that?
Old 19th September 2007, 15:39   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanh_hunt View Post
Congratulations radek on the successful setup of the comps. Good to know that the sound quality has improved now. just one doubt, will they be able to handle an amplifier without any issues?

Gurus, can you recommend outlets in Bangalore who stock the EL4.1 comps. (checked with Sprocket, Koramangala they didnt not have them.
Dude me and EMD are planning to install it in our cars.. Sprocket was of no help..

@ Radek - do you feel the need for a rear fill in the Spark with the EL 4.1s?

How is the bass? decent enough or totally inadequate???

THanks

Nimz
Old 19th September 2007, 18:28   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post

@ Radek - do you feel the need for a rear fill in the Spark with the EL 4.1s?

How is the bass? decent enough or totally inadequate???
EL4.1 will give you ok bass. It is not absent, but you will be more happy with little more bass. I suggest you go for just EL4.1. You can always add something at the rear at a later time. That will also make your expenses in installments.

want to come to Pune for demo? You can also see some other ICE setup under expert guidance of Moral Fibre.
Old 19th September 2007, 19:06   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You can also see some other ICE setup under expert guidance of Moral Fibre.
No ways I am an expert baba. Just know brand names very well thats it .
Old 19th September 2007, 19:57   #99
BHPian

thanks Radek!

Gurus - with the EL 4.1 - a laid back comp in the front. WHat would do best services as a rear fill and to add a little more bass..(not the boom boom).

Options
- a 6x9 " or would a 5 x 7" do for the Spark
- a 6" co-axial or a smaller 5" coaxial

Is it worth going for the oval speakers?

Thanks

Nimz
Old 20th September 2007, 11:00   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Dude me and EMD are planning to install it in our cars.. Sprocket was of no help..
Great. Can you let me know where you plan to source them from and when would you get them installed? Wouldn't mind getting a demo from you guys.
Old 23rd September 2007, 19:45   #101
BHPian

Quote:
thanks Radek!

Gurus - with the EL 4.1 - a laid back comp in the front. WHat would do best services as a rear fill and to add a little more bass..(not the boom boom).

Options
- a 6x9 " or would a 5 x 7" do for the Spark
- a 6" co-axial or a smaller 5" coaxial

Is it worth going for the oval speakers?

Thanks

Nimz
Nimz, go in for 6x9's, they give you good bass and fill. Check out Alpine, Boston, EFX, JBL etc.
Old 23rd September 2007, 22:34   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Nimz, go in for 6x9's, they give you good bass and fill. Check out Alpine, Boston, EFX, JBL etc.
Ha Gopz.. sure will check out the 6x9's. Only concern it shouldnt drown out the fronts.. I can always use the fader but dont want an overkill at the same time...

Plan to demo the EFX in Blueraven's car.. well time is there..till my next salary
Old 23rd September 2007, 22:38   #103
BHPian

Quote:
EL4.1 will give you ok bass. It is not absent, but you will be more happy with little more bass. I suggest you go for just EL4.1. You can always add something at the rear at a later time. That will also make your expenses in installments.

want to come to Pune for demo? You can also see some other ICE setup under expert guidance of Moral Fibre.
@ Mano /Radek / Ethan

EL 4.1 is really worth it. Had it installed and tuned by Blueraven.

B&Triouble took the trouble to courier 2 pairs of speakers for me and EMD and a good part of Saturday was spent with Blueraven getting the stuff done. And it was worth it. WOuld post a detailed review later..

Thanks Blueraven. THanks B&T
Old 24th September 2007, 12:23   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Quote:
@ Mano /Radek / Ethan

EL 4.1 is really worth it. Had it installed and tuned by Blueraven.
Ok. So we all set up EL 4.1 and ready for next quest for 6x9.

@Nimz, I suggest don't go for 6" at rear. This is what I have. But bass is not enough. It is fine as rear fill if you want to hear soft instrumental or 60's hindi music. But you will certainly need better Sub or 6x9 if you want to hear latest music or rock/pop.

@gopz, any specific model and price range for Boston?

I heard some 6x9 - sony, pioneer, JBL, Boston, Ground Zero. First two were ordinary. JBL was better with good bass, but with less clarity. I like clarity in Boston and Ground Zero. Boston was more balanced than others. But did not check what was the model no. I heard that GZ is goot choice if we want to run it directly from HU. Illusion 6x9 is more power hungry.
Old 24th September 2007, 12:39   #105
BHPian

Am also thinking of the EFX range. See if you can get that in Pune or maybe Blueraven can help..

Nimz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks