Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2007, 20:17   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino_David View Post
you are most welcome ethan, sad am hearing negative about EL4.1 for a Santro stock location, on the other hand, has anybody here put EL4.1 comps for a Santro ?? i would really appreciate if you come forward and give your view
Oh dude.. please.. please re-check this.. I was "told" that the stock location is not deep enough... I have not seen.. please re-confirm this and who knows..maybe the Illusions can defy theory.. Check out in your Santro..PM Blueraven.. he can help..

OT - we Spark guys meeting in Bangy.. you can join.. there will be 2 pairs of EL 4.1s. Check out the meet section..
Nimz

Last edited by Nimz : 11th October 2007 at 20:18.
Old 23rd October 2007, 12:54   #122
BHPian

Guys, what happened to the search for the 6x9 to complement the El4.1? No updates on that.
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:31   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino_David
you are most welcome ethan, sad am hearing negative about EL4.1 for a Santro stock location, on the other hand, has anybody here put EL4.1 comps for a Santro ?? i would really appreciate if you come forward and give your view
I think you misunderstood some previous posts. They were not saying anything 'negative' especially with respect to the sound. They were just wondering whether the location in the dash is deep enough to be able to accomodate the fairly large motor drivers. The answer is yes, it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
I was "told" that the stock location is not deep enough... I have not seen.. please re-confirm this and who knows..maybe the Illusions can defy theory.. Check out in your Santro..
Illusions don't defy any theory.

The Santro location is almost like mid-air. The back of the location is the cavity that the dashboard forms. There is no problem with installing a powerful 4" speaker with high mounting depth there.
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:31   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanh_hunt View Post
Guys, what happened to the search for the 6x9 to complement the El4.1? No updates on that.
I'd say try the Illusion Audio EL 693 with the EL 6.1 because of the popular belief that the front and rear speakers should be of the same make.

I am not sure of availability.
Old 1st November 2007, 22:26   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Oh, they aren't bright by any stretch of imagination.
The location looks just like that in Wagon R, Indica etc. Some damping would help, atleast its better than the location in the Santro where bass cancellation is unavoidable.
@B&T what area you are referring to when you say some damping. Damping in general? Or some specific area that you are suggesting here?
Old 1st November 2007, 22:29   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
@B&T what area you are referring to when you say some damping. Damping in general? Or some specific area that you are suggesting here?
I am referring to the parts of the dash around where the speaker is mounted, applied from the inside so that nothing is visible outside.
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:28   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They were just wondering whether the location in the dash is deep enough to be able to accomodate the fairly large motor drivers. The answer is yes, it is.
The Santro location is almost like mid-air. The back of the location is the cavity that the dashboard forms. There is no problem with installing a powerful 4" speaker with high mounting depth there.
Quote:
I am referring to the parts of the dash around where the speaker is mounted, applied from the inside so that nothing is visible outside.
the Santro stock location is what can best be described a a partial open baffle (OB). for a speaker to produce any bass in this location (leave alone a poor 4" woofer) is going to be tough.

It is commonly known that a woofer in a OB needs to have a Qts inthe range of 0.6-0.9. any higher and the are a range of compromises with the rest of T/S. any lower and you will get no bass at all. Thankfully many car speakers do have higher Qts figures to compensate for the acoustically lossy nature of car doors.
Old 23rd October 2008, 01:15   #128
Senior - BHPian

Illusion EL 4.1 in Bangalore?

I'm sorry to dig up this old thread, but I wanted to know if anyone knows a reliable dealer for these components? Wanted a little more from my system. The JBL 6x9s I have at the back don't produce as much bass as they did in my WagonR. Must be the size of the boot (?)
Old 23rd October 2008, 11:21   #129
BHPian

Illusion 4" components can not be replacement for your JBL 6x9. You can put Illusion EL component at front location. I think other people gone to Blueraven for getting this done. He is a team-bhp member and known to be reliable. You can send a personal message to him for further details. He can also check what is the problem with JBL 6x9.
Old 27th October 2008, 17:23   #130
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for that information!!
I actually mean them as two separate points, but didn't space em out as such.
Old 27th October 2008, 17:45   #131
Senior - BHPian

There is a difference of sound in a sedan , a notch back and a hatch back
For illusion components , contact Bass_trouble or low_bass_makker

they will be more than happy to assist you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks