Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 14:17   #121
BHPian

@ DerAlte: Thanks for the insight about the general purpose sealent.

@GT500: Whats the update on the Sub Install??

Guys I am looking for Glass fiber raw material for an experimental sub enlcosure to go into my Swift at a latter stage. Does anybody know of place to buy the materials in Delhi/ NCR.
Old 19th October 2010, 17:34   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_maniac View Post

@GT500: Whats the update on the Sub Install??
@ D_M,
I'm trying to save up on Vitamin M for the Install as there might be a change of plans to go for a better amp hence I need some more cash and more time to earn it.
Though I plan to for the same sub, and get the box built as per these dimensions only.

Why go for fiberglass? It seems to complicated for me, though it seems to cool after it has been made with the shiny paint job and all, if that's what you are looking for.

Best of luck with the fiber glass box!!I can see that the DIY keeda has bitten in you.

Cheers

GT
Old 20th October 2010, 10:58   #123
BHPian

@GT500: Same here Bro, me too saving up on Vit M in order to go for quality products the first time itself. Best of luck for your quest man, Hope you are able to earm the Vit M soon enough. So taking things slowly. As far as going the FRP way for Sub enclosure, the thing is the Swift is primarily to be used for numerous Out-station trips that me and family venture out on. I can not compromise on the boot space, hence the the need for thinking out of the MDF Box . And yes you are very true it sure will add to the Bling factor of the install, If I am able to pull this one off. The DIY Keeda is like an addiction you cant stop once you start.

Going to put in a very basic ICE combo in the car in a days time, as parents going out of town they need some musical company on the way.
Old 15th April 2011, 23:21   #124
BHPian

Re: suggestions regarding making of subwoofer box

hello everyone
I have shortlisted two sub woofers and i will be planning to get an enclosure made.The Sub in question will be either ID12 V.3 or ID8V.3, (since a 10' ID is not available) and will be powered by KAC 845 with two channels bridged to provide 180RMS.

I am looking for a SQ setup and i just don't want any Boom Boom effect. Also i would like to have maximum boot space available. So regarding the sealed enclosure, i would like some help/inputs. I will be only talking about the enclosure for 12' (if i am able to get that fitted properly, then i would surely have space for an 8' enclosure!)

So after going through various posts, i have decided few things. Please feel free to correct me:-

-I will get the sealed enclosure made using a 18mm mdf.
-The ID12 requires a sealed volume of about 1.25cu.ft.. Does this exclude the space occupied by the sub itself. It thats the case then should i add about .07 cu.ft. extra
(as specified by Speaker Enclosure Volume Calculator)

-Is it true that the minimum depth for the box can be roughly 2inches more than the mounting depth of the sub? So in my case, i can have a box with a depth of just 8' (6'according to ID specs+2'). I am only asking this in order to save maximum space.

-Please have a look at the attached diagram and correct me if I am going anywhere wrong. My only concern is that is it possible to have a depth of just 9 inches?
Attached Thumbnails
suggestions regarding making of subwoofer box-sub-box.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks