Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2008, 09:07   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxx View Post
Ofcourse it should be, i dont think u can find a 100.4 in grey market as of now so it will take half of your budget.
I have some time. Will just pray that maybe the price might come down a little bit atleast. Anyways I want the amp with bill and warranty since that is the major item in the setup. Speakers can do without B/W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
1. The Fiesta takes only 5x7 in stock locations. Narrows down your choices somewhat.
Now that's not a great news . I read in one of the links you have mentioned about a 5x7 to 6.5" adapter. How much will it cost and will it make the speaker jutt out from the front door??

Any fiesta owners using 6.5" comps up front??

Quote:
2. Wiring:
As long as you don't pass the RCAs and the power cables through the same side, there should not be any interference issue from the wires.
I realize that. Routing the power through the center makes sense, Otherwise one of the front comps will need to take a loooong path.

Quote:
3. Don't worry about routing the bass into the cabin from the boot. It will naturally pass through.
Nitrous asked me to come over and audition his JBL'ed ikon. Have to do it sometime .
Old 9th February 2008, 09:39   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
The GTO100.4 should be better than 75.4 right??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxx View Post
i dont think u can find a 100.4 in grey market as of now so it will take half of your budget.
Just for the record boys, it's GTO1004. not 100.4.
Old 9th February 2008, 11:36   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I realize that. Routing the power through the center makes sense, Otherwise one of the front comps will need to take a loooong path.
the music signal travels through the RCA wire not through the power wire.
Old 9th February 2008, 23:46   #19
BHPian

Thanks for correcting me sam.
Old 10th February 2008, 12:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
the music signal travels through the RCA wire not through the power wire.
Yes I understand. What I meant was that if the power was not taken through the centre but to one side,say left, then the RCA and both front speaker comps has to be taken through right and in this case the left comp will take a long route through the right side, then across the kickboard to the left door. But if the power is taken throught the center, Then the RCA will be taken thorugh one side and the from the amp at the rear the front comps will get it through left and right side panels.

Anyways what about using the 6.5" comps up front in stock location is fiesta?? What will be the cost of the 5x7 to 6.5" adapter?? Is the adapter same as the wooden spacer rings that you talk about??

Will the speaker be protruding from the front door if I use spacers/adapters to fit in the 6.5 comps in front doors?
Old 12th February 2008, 10:15   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Yes I understand. What I meant was that if the power was not taken through the centre but to one side,say left, then the RCA and both front speaker comps has to be taken through right and in this case the left comp will take a long route through the right side, then across the kickboard to the left door. But if the power is taken throught the center, Then the RCA will be taken thorugh one side and the from the amp at the rear the front comps will get it through left and right side panels.

Anyways what about using the 6.5" comps up front in stock location is fiesta?? What will be the cost of the 5x7 to 6.5" adapter?? Is the adapter same as the wooden spacer rings that you talk about??

Will the speaker be protruding from the front door if I use spacers/adapters to fit in the 6.5 comps in front doors?
I put 6.5" components on the front door of my Zen i think they look Neat with o ring spacers have a look at them Picasa Web Albums - Nripin - Zen Audio
Old 12th February 2008, 18:34   #22
BHPian

krishna audio on north usman road chennai should have all the mix-ups here. They give you free auditions for each, and a final quote after which you can run away .. ...
Old 13th February 2008, 14:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
krishna audio on north usman road chennai should have all the mix-ups here. They give you free auditions for each, and a final quote after which you can run away .. ...
Hehe will have to do that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nripin View Post
I put 6.5" components on the front door of my Zen i think they look Neat with o ring spacers have a look at them Picasa Web Albums - Nripin - Zen Audio
Hey those are great pics that you have posted. Looks like a cool install by that guy
Old 13th February 2008, 21:33   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Hey those are great pics that you have posted. Looks like a cool install by that guy
Thank you Praveen
Old 14th February 2008, 23:29   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nripin View Post
Thank you Praveen
Hmm.. Looks like bangalore's the best place to get the ICE install done!

And you really did some terrific job on cleaning the amp it looks brand new after all the beating it has taken under the seat
Old 15th February 2008, 02:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

well from the current audio setup there is only one think i would suggest you to change!

the GTO 607c components are only 70w rms so i strictly dont suggest you this please do get kicker or polk momo or illusions or some other good component speakers that are atleast 100w rms, because you see the amp pumps out 150W rms at 14.4V and and 100w rms at normal voltage! that might just foul with the speakers at higher volume levels!

i did this mistake for my swift and request you not to repeat mine! check out my gallery for the pics i have 75.4 GTO amp!
Old 15th February 2008, 11:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
well from the current audio setup there is only one think i would suggest you to change!

the GTO 607c components are only 70w rms so i strictly dont suggest you this please do get kicker or polk momo or illusions or some other good component speakers that are atleast 100w rms, because you see the amp pumps out 150W rms at 14.4V and and 100w rms at normal voltage! that might just foul with the speakers at higher volume levels!
In a way it is better. As the amp will never clip and will give clean signal to the speaker.
Old 15th February 2008, 11:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Don't fret, @rider60, you made no mistake!

It is perfectly OK to power 75W rms speakers with an amp of "150W rms at 14.4V and and 100w rms at normal voltage" - it will be insanely loud in a closed car cabin much before you hit the electrical limits of either. Nearing the electrical and mechanical limits of the speakers, the distortion (fluttering, airy) will sound bad enough to force the listener to bring down the volume level. Unless your otologist specifies that you need 75W/100W or an equivalent dB figure for your hearing condition, don't go by the wattage.

One should relate to the wattage of the speaker and amp in a different way: dynamic range, commonly known as "headroom". This can be visualized in the context of classical music, where there are passages of music ranging from very soft to really loud. In a good SQ system, we should be able to hear either without strain or stress (one needs to damp the car well to hear the soft ones). If at the normal listening level the system (HU, amp, speakers) is mismatched, the louder passages will turn out distorted, whether due to the amp or the speaker. If not impossible, it is extremely difficult to specify this in watts rms. All our senses, not just hearing, have this dynamic range - appreciation of photography, fine cuisine, sensuality, etc., come from it.

Some genres of music may not need this dynamic range, and one tends to lean towards extreme loudness - and hence its association with the electrical and mechanical maxima. So, if SPL is your game, then yes, all the components need to be matched to deliver undistorted (yes, distortion is unacceptable in SPL also) extreme power to the ears. For others, even 15W speakers & amps can be loud enough.
Old 18th February 2008, 08:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

okay now i understood that i made no mistake, i chose this setup because i basically wanted a VFM setup where in, i get total paisa vasool, i mean i get the best possible thing the money can buy at my budget, so went for JBL every thing except the sub and the hu and i think i did get a good deal if not bad!

thats all, i never knew the technical things involved in detail, its just now that i have learnt the ICE section can be so "icy and spicy", and i am going to stay here for a while now.
thank you gurus the regret gone now!

Last edited by rider60 : 18th February 2008 at 08:13.
Old 24th February 2008, 09:21   #30
BHPian

Hey in some other thread someone reported that the JBL 75.4 amp overpowers the front JBL 607components. So does that mean I will have to look at more powerful components or maybe components with 4Ohm load so that amp delivers less power to it??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks