Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2008, 15:25   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
why are only 2 of the 4 screws for the 4" used? I would also seal the gap around the 4" it will help in the bass.
yes, thats the next order of business this weekend. Two mouse pads will unfortunately end up being sacrificed in the name of SQ
Old 22nd December 2008, 07:04   #92
Senior - BHPian

I finally found the answer to this question. And the answer I found ? None of the above.

After a long due trip to emperor, my ride has been properly zuheimified

pics and a new thread coming up soon !
Old 22nd December 2008, 09:37   #93
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Waiting for the thread and the pics!
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:11   #94
BANNED

Wow! That's nice to hear.
Post up a full review with pics and some good writeup!
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:15   #95
Senior - BHPian

at work now , and forgot to bring the cam
those of you who want a sneak peek can check out the list in my garage
Old 3rd January 2009, 15:29   #96
Senior - BHPian

guess who got his ICE upgraded today?
come to the TVM team bhp meet @ veli and find out the mystery guest
Old 20th January 2010, 22:13   #97
Senior - BHPian

Today I went along with a friend to supervise the install in an old zen. My friend had already gotten a Head unit from the pongumood shop, and the dealer had offered him a deal on JBL speakers for the front and back. (5K). We checked at Motor plaza at sreekaryam and they quoted about 6k. went to the pongumood shop, and the guy had no clue what we were talking about. he claimed he offered 5k for 4" in front, and ovals in the back, and the price of the rear tray was not included. The Motor plaza quote was with 6.5"ers in front, so we went back.

I was surprised to find out that they had a carpenter (usually they just stock the wooden pads, spacers etc and use what they have). We had a custom made Rear door hatch pad, and the ovals were installed on that.

The fronts proved to be tricky. I insisted on installing them with spacers. First they tried ( for some strange reason) with the spacers under the door pads. That didnt work obviously, but when I showed it to the workshop supervisor ( he seems a senior and well experienced man, he asked the dude installing to install with the spacer outside. This meant that the spacers had to be coated with the mat/carpeting.

We had to wait a bit, but the stuff came. Getting the speakers installed with the spacers proved to be a bit tough. The first time we tried, we couldnt close the doors. The second time, it was too high and hit the window winder. the intaller was patient and we eventually after some hit and miss, managed to find a position which did not interfere with anything.
Cost came to
JBL GT5 S265 - 2.8k
JBL GT5 963 - 3.8k
Rear hatch door pad - 650
Spacers - 300.

Being an old car , the stock wiring had its share of shorts etc, but everything was cured, and It was surprising to see the proper terminals being connected to the ends of the wire before connecting them to the speakers. Most shops just twist it around the speaker terminals.

I'm impressed. I'm not going to wait for an ekm trip any more to fit my rears. this place seems to be good enough. I've asked them to source a pair of hertz 6x9's. Will be heading over to get them installed if they do get it.

Its great to see some progress with TVM installers. After all, with competition heating up, low prices alone will not bring in folks.
Old 29th January 2010, 10:03   #98
Senior - BHPian

If Motor Plaza is the last place on the planet that does ICE, I still wouldn't go there. I see the results of their horn install every day. They ripped out the front bumper from the fender clips without even checking for a screw. The plastic ring around the screw broke and now my bumper doesn't stay in at the sides, sticking out like a sore thumb.

After all that, they still couldn't wire the thing in. Motor Plaza's people have all the subtlety of a monkey married to a mountain goat.
ImmortalZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 23:52   #99
Senior - BHPian

re: Suggestions for a good ICE installer in Trivandrum

Sorry for digging up a very old thread but can anyone tell me who is the best audio installer in Trivandrum currently ?

There were few mixed reviews about Car Shoppe but still they were much better than the other installers around TVM few years back. Is anyone better than Car Shoppe now ?

I had a very bad experience previously in TVM , so do not want to take another chance now.
Old 9th August 2015, 15:48   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Sorry for digging up a very old thread but can anyone tell me who is the best audio installer in Trivandrum currently ?

There were few mixed reviews about Car Shoppe but still they were much better than the other installers around TVM few years back. Is anyone better than Car Shoppe now ?

I had a very bad experience previously in TVM , so do not want to take another chance now.
There was a shop named "Jerry's Performance" at Thycaud. They used to be an authorized distributor for Pete's performance parts as well. I'm not really sure if they are still functional. Have heard decent reviews about that place. I've not been there myself.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 11:48   #101
Senior - BHPian

Jerry's is no longer operational.
Old 23rd August 2015, 19:58   #102
BHPian

Quote:

Am also looking for a good installer in TVM..went to Car Palace and didnt find them knowledgeable enough, they totally botched up by current setup when I went there for installing a sub.
Old 23rd August 2015, 20:16   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
Am also looking for a good installer in TVM..went to Car Palace and didnt find them knowledgeable enough, they totally botched up by current setup when I went there for installing a sub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Jerry's is no longer operational.
All these year's passed by and there are still no good ICE installers in TVM

e-katz : Did you go enquire at Car Parlour and Carwayz ? I'm actually a bit far away and planning to install only after I source all the items , which would be around next month end.

Try to enquire if you are in Trivandrum or if you want company I will try to tag along with you when I get some time and we both can search for the place.
Old 8th October 2015, 17:09   #104
BHPian

Quote:

e-katz : Did you go enquire at Car Parlour and Carwayz ? I'm actually a bit far away and planning to install only after I source all the items , which would be around next month end.

Try to enquire if you are in Trivandrum or if you want company I will try to tag along with you when I get some time and we both can search for the place.
Havent enquired at these outlets. Will check them out and see.
e-katz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 17:30   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
99% of new vehicles come with a decent audio setup from factory, only a handful few upgrade their audio, those who do have good to excellent knowledge of the things they need and with ecommerce local brick and mortar shops cannot survive. I have known big budget setups (read 2+ crore) going bankrupt. Most of good shops have shut shops, most who are operational sell small knickknacks such as perfumes and key chains.

Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks