Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2015, 20:41   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for a good ICE installer in Trivandrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
99% of new vehicles come with a decent audio setup from factory, only a handful few upgrade their audio, those who do have good to excellent knowledge of the things they need and with ecommerce local brick and mortar shops cannot survive. I have known big budget setups (read 2+ crore) going bankrupt. Most of good shops have shut shops, most who are operational sell small knickknacks such as perfumes and key chains.

Pramod
That's sad to hear. But I feel except for high end cars the audio setup in regular cars are just ok. So there is still a market for decent after market audio setups. Unfortunately I feel the audio installers don't do their work with any passion nor do they have much knowledge. They just fill their shops with products and dump it on the customers. There is no art to it.

Most of these installers don't even know how to tune nor do they install cleanly , mostly they would damage your car or the ICE during installation. I feel due to this reason customers lost trust in these shops and maybe that's why their eventual decline.
Old 13th October 2015, 10:26   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for a good ICE installer in Trivandrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
That's sad to hear. But I feel except for high end cars the audio setup in regular cars are just ok. So there is still a market for decent after market audio setups. Unfortunately I feel the audio installers don't do their work with any passion nor do they have much knowledge. They just fill their shops with products and dump it on the customers. There is no art to it.

Most of these installers don't even know how to tune nor do they install cleanly , mostly they would damage your car or the ICE during installation. I feel due to this reason customers lost trust in these shops and maybe that's why their eventual decline.

Not true ! Most of the accessories(even medium to high end audio) is sold from the car dealer itself, club with it the availability stuff online and add the warranty issues with it, most people refrain to go to 3rd party installers.

This has reduced the business by almost 90%, the only profitable business is Alignment, Balancing, Tyres and Alloys. in the same order.

That is the reason you see more alloy, tyre shops popping up these days.

Its every shop owners priority to reduce fixed costs, they are laying off expensive staff. Most of the skilled guys are going to Delhi, what you have here is migrant workers who have basic wiring knowledge.

Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks