could you post a pic of how the speakers were installed in the door
I'm trying to find the perfect way
Old 28th July 2008, 10:22   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
could you post a pic of how the speakers were installed in the door
I'm trying to find the perfect way
Nothing special dude. The speakers were screwed on to the stock location on the doorpad. The Illusion electra 5.1 has a 5.25" midbass, which perfectly fits the stock location. Spacers or other accessories would have been required If I would have opted for the Electra 6.1.
Old 28th July 2008, 10:27   #93
Senior - BHPian

the thing is , unlike other cars where the speaker is mounted on the door, in the indica, the speaker is mounted on the door panel, and the panel rattles a LOT ( maybe less in your case since you have a sub and not much LF reaches the front speakers) I've tried isolating the speakers from the panel with some foam, helped a bit , but still not good enough. phase 2 is to damp the plastic door panel

I see you've damped the doors. Have you damped the plastic door panels?
Old 28th July 2008, 10:48   #94
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! The HU is full DROOL maal!!
Old 28th July 2008, 11:00   #95
BHPian

Quote:
the thing is , unlike other cars where the speaker is mounted on the door, in the indica, the speaker is mounted on the door panel, and the panel rattles a LOT ( maybe less in your case since you have a sub and not much LF reaches the front speakers) I've tried isolating the speakers from the panel with some foam, helped a bit , but still not good enough. phase 2 is to damp the plastic door panel

I see you've damped the doors. Have you damped the plastic door panels?
I have not damped the plastic door panels. In fact after the current damping done it was a bit difficult to to put the doorpad back on.
However, with the damping done now, the rattles have decreased substantially, they tend to come up when I raise the volume to ear splitting heights. So I decided to live with that. I forgot your advice about putting foam between the speakers and the doorpad. I'll pay a visit to the installer next Saturday. Will do that then.

But till then ..

Man I am just enjoying the ICE on my car now.
Old 28th July 2008, 11:03   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Congrats! The HU is full DROOL maal!!
Thank you sir. Your ICE was sounding great too.
Old 28th July 2008, 12:40   #97
Senior - BHPian

@ Xeta - congrats

Nura's Installer does these work at personal level? PM me his number will he be able to source a MDF plank for my car? what about damping?
Old 28th July 2008, 17:49   #98
BHPian

Looks like a superb installation job Xeta bhai,
congrats on your tireless perfectionism inspite of your not doing well for a few days.The materials are all top class and hats-off to you for the painstaking approach you took to make your ICE the very best.It is now something to be very proud off and I sincerely hope that it would give you ( and us ;-) ) endless hours of musical bliss.

PS:I would be very glad to get the installer's number as well like Planet.Thanks.

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 28th July 2008 at 17:52.
Old 28th July 2008, 20:59   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Looks like a superb installation job Xeta bhai,
congrats on your tireless perfectionism inspite of your not doing well for a few days.The materials are all top class and hats-off to you for the painstaking approach you took to make your ICE the very best.It is now something to be very proud off and I sincerely hope that it would give you ( and us ;-) ) endless hours of musical bliss.

PS:I would be very glad to get the installer's number as well like Planet.Thanks.
Tremakasih! Domo Arigato Gozaimasita! Gracia! Meci! Thank you very much!! I sincerely hope that you start your ICE upgrade at the earliest.
Old 28th July 2008, 22:09   #100
Senior - BHPian

XetaGLGRocks, congrats on a good install and for a nice, interesting thread with lots of pics! ThisThreadRocks

Quote:
the thing is , unlike other cars where the speaker is mounted on the door, in the indica, the speaker is mounted on the door panel, and the panel rattles a LOT ( maybe less in your case since you have a sub and not much LF reaches the front speakers) I've tried isolating the speakers from the panel with some foam, helped a bit , but still not good enough. phase 2 is to damp the plastic door panel ...

I don't know if this is possible, but I think we can mount a really thick spacer behind the plastic door-panel, between the door (metal) and the grille. The spacer can be screwed to the metal of the door, and its thickness can be so the speaker can be mounted onto the spacer, leaving just enough space between the speaker and the inside of the grille on the door-panel.

In fact, maybe the spacer can be thick enough for the plastic door panel to be screwed onto it. The stock grille can be cut, and the speaker (and its grille) can be screwed onto the spacer (from the outside of the door-panel), with the screws passing through the door-panel, and onto the spacer. This should secure the door-panel well enough, give the speaker a solid mounting, and solve a lot of door-rattle issues.

Will this work, folks?

@greenhorn, the Hertz ESK midbass on Suraj's Red Swift has been screwed on this way. You must have seen the car in TVM? Zak's Swift and l_b_m's Swift also had the same type of install. I'll most likely be going this way for my upcoming install too.
Old 28th July 2008, 22:26   #101
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info hydra
Sadly, I never did get to see suraj's ice. Elswhere , I once saw a 6" coax being installed onto a swift's door using a spacer ring. I imagine something similar is involved. Anyway, i dont trust the installers in tvm. right now this will do (short of Vitamin M ) , but i plan to make a pilgrimage for the EKM for a sub, and i suppose I'll have this + some extra damping taken care of then.

Last edited by greenhorn : 28th July 2008 at 22:28.
Old 29th July 2008, 00:33   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks View Post
Tremakasih! Domo Arigato Gozaimasita! Gracia! Meci! Thank you very much!! I sincerely hope that you start your ICE upgrade at the earliest.
Son plaisir mon patron!Su placer mi jefe!
L'espoir de commencer dès que possible!
Esperanza para iniciar lo antes posible!

Hope to start as soon as possible!
cheers:
Old 29th July 2008, 11:10   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I don't know if this is possible, but I think we can mount a really thick spacer behind the plastic door-panel, between the door (metal) and the grille. .
be careful the spacer does not foul with the winding mechanisim of the door.
Old 29th July 2008, 11:10   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Son plaisir mon patron!Su placer mi jefe!
L'espoir de commencer dès que possible!
Esperanza para iniciar lo antes posible!

Hope to start as soon as possible!

That was great Daktar Saab. I see that your command over language is also commendable. As discussed over the phone, lets meet up one day. The ICE upgrade is not complete without appreciations from listeners.
Old 29th July 2008, 12:47   #105
Senior - BHPian

@XGR, now even the ICE rocks, one can say! Badhai ho!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
... but I think we can mount a really thick spacer behind the plastic door-panel, between the door (metal) and the grille. ... This should secure the door-panel well enough, give the speaker a solid mounting, and solve a lot of door-rattle issues.

Will this work, folks? ...
Wouldn't it be simpler to strategically place thick thermocol blocks between the door inner metal and the door pad? Thick like the packing material that come with some large appliances and r-t-a furniture. Size the blocks just a shade larger than the gap between the door pad and door metal, so that they compress a little when the door pad is mounted. Stick them on the door pad before mounting.

This should supplement the damping on the door pad, which just HAS to be done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks