Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2008, 09:50   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
What will happen to original purpose of 60-40 split if you mount Amps at the back of 60-40 split seats? Does it mean that you can not effectively fold the seat?
The 60 and the 40 part will have separate mdf boards fixed to their back. SO there will be no problem with the folding as far as enough wiring is provided.
Old 7th July 2008, 09:52   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
What enclosure are you using for the sub ?
Its a sealed enclosure. I have no details about the brand or make. Ajay( Bass&Trouble) supplied it along with the sub.
Old 7th July 2008, 10:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

Xeta sir, need a long listening session. Soon!!
Old 7th July 2008, 10:58   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Xeta sir, need a long listening session. Soon!!
Sir...whenever you want. Pleasure is all mine.
Old 7th July 2008, 14:39   #65
Senior - BHPian

Heard the setup today, and I must say I was very impressed! Eons ahead of what the starting point was (read: Xplods). SQ is great, with the Illusions doing their thing while the GZ sub provides a nice clean punch without sounding too boomy. @Xeta mentioned he still has some tuning to do, so I imagine things can get even better. And after the new Alpine HU & Stinger wiring, it's gonna be quite something!
Congrats dude. Well worth your money and effort
Old 7th July 2008, 18:53   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Heard the setup today, and I must say I was very impressed!......
Thanks a lot Razor. Well, The Alpine and Stinger are due on the 19thor 20th of this month. Will be needing your help for the damping job. Don't worry, wont be free, lunch will be on me
Old 9th July 2008, 08:04   #67
BHPian

Guys, is it possible to get a distribution block in Kolkata which would have a 4GA in and 2 X 8GA out. If so, where can I find one such. Also does it make sense to install a inline capacitor for the setup ?
Old 9th July 2008, 10:07   #68
Senior - BHPian

Glix should have dist blocks. But you already have 2 x 8 ga wirings. Why go for another 4ga and a dist block? Aur spend mat karo ! Just install current equipment well, and then spend some time enjoying it!
Capacitor? Umm, not much funda here, but I'd guess that given the (relatively low) power of the amp driving the sub, a cap may not be necessary, unless you are feeling the excess current draw in terms of dimming headlights etc. Just a guess, I could be totally wrong.
Old 9th July 2008, 16:29   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Glix should have dist blocks. But you already have 2 x 8 ga wirings. Why go for another 4ga and a dist block? Aur spend mat karo ! Just install current equipment well, and then spend some time enjoying it!
Capacitor? Umm, not much funda here, but I'd guess that given the (relatively low) power of the amp driving the sub, a cap may not be necessary, unless you are feeling the excess current draw in terms of dimming headlights etc. Just a guess, I could be totally wrong.
@ShuvC : You are absolutely right. No use spending on the distribution block. In fact, I don't want to spend any more . I was just curious about the capacitor.
Old 10th July 2008, 15:55   #70
BHPian

Bought two measured pieces of 12mm plywood yesterday fro the 60 and the 40 split parts of the back seat. Our friendly neighbourhood mechanic shopowner has kindly agreed to have them fabric wrapped and do the fitting to the back of the rear seats. The GTO1004 will go to the 60 side and the cs60.2 will go behind the 40 side.
The fitting will be done tomorrow. I wish to install the amps on the ply boards this weekend. Hopefully, I will have enough time to do the damping also.
Old 12th July 2008, 00:42   #71
BHPian

Boards Fit!

The boards are perfectly fit to the back of the rear seats. My friendly neighbourhood mechanic shop did a neat job.

They took out the backrests. The frame of the back rest was then taken out of the foam cover. Two sets of horizontal steel plates were welded on to the frames and holes were drilled onto them. The 60 and 40 plywood pieces were cut to shape. The seat was put back. The plywood pieces were neatly wrapped with fabric. Then finally the boards were bolted to the horizontal plates(which are no more visible). Got a few pics. These are definitely not very descriptive as I was at office when the job was being done. Got a chance to snoop out and take a snap.

Here are some snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
Indica Xeta ICE upgrade-dsc00598.jpg  

Indica Xeta ICE upgrade-dsc00599.jpg  

Indica Xeta ICE upgrade-dsc00597.jpg  

Old 12th July 2008, 00:54   #72
Senior - BHPian

hey, did you change the front speaker mounting ?
Old 12th July 2008, 10:53   #73
Senior - BHPian

@greenhorn, you must be having X-ray vision! You were able to see the front speaker mounting in the pics through the rear seat? Ave Caesar!

@xeta, is you parcel shelf made of MDF or wood-framed thin ply? There are some rather thick patties visible below. If so, you should at least put some damping material below the sheet.
Old 12th July 2008, 11:15   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@greenhorn, you must be having X-ray vision! You were able to see the front speaker mounting in the pics through the rear seat? Ave Caesar!
No, but I can see through forum pages
He'd posted pics of his front a few pages back , and I'd given him a suggestion to improve the sound from the fronts

Last edited by greenhorn : 12th July 2008 at 11:16.
Old 12th July 2008, 15:56   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
I'm planning to get some damping material too. Keep me updated on your status, we can order together.
Count me in the list too please.I will be so much grateful to you guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks