Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2009, 01:33   #31
BHPian

Thanks Invisible. This thread is going to be very useful to me (have no idea about the technical words though). But still waiting for those 1 to 10 ratings.
Old 27th February 2009, 01:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

The budget is a bit of a problem.

Also will adding the amp help? So that if i take another amp later , i can think about eclipse 7200
Old 27th February 2009, 01:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overboost! View Post
Thanks Invisible. This thread is going to be very useful to me (have no idea about the technical words though). But still waiting for those 1 to 10 ratings.
No issues my friend. We all learn from scratch and you have made the beginning by joining this forum, soon you will know what it all means.

Abhinav:
Quote:
Also will adding the amp help? So that if i take another amp later , i can think about eclipse 7200
Seeing your system I am really surprised you still need an other Amp, it mind-blowing. I suppose you already have that 14001 amp with you.
All I can say where do you wanna go till what limit? To have an answer to that, has no limit
I suppose Eclipse only plays just the Audio CDs.
If you don't mind can I know what issue you having with the current setup that's pushing you towards upgrading already perfect setup?
Old 27th February 2009, 02:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
GUNBIR: How much would be this Clarion cost here in India? Any Idea. My heart is leaning towards Pioneer don't know why somehow, and the mind says to go for either for Clarion or Kenwood. Looks like gonna be a roller coaster ride through heart and mind
Neither the Clarion nor the Kenwood are available in India. So by all means, listen to your heart... the P80RSII is a great HU!
Old 27th February 2009, 02:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Neither the Clarion nor the Kenwood are available in India. So by all means, listen to your heart... the P80RSII is a great HU!
Well not that I don't have an option of getting it from US. Just asked to compare the prices. My friend is coming down next month so may be can ask him to carry it along. I did some search on pioneer and it seems that there seems to be some noise issues with it. Wasn't mentioned what noise issue.
Old 27th February 2009, 03:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

I think there is Clarion Distributor in India
Supreme Audiotronics located in Delhi.

And Clarion India websites has 786USB listed on it.
Clarion India | DXZ786USB
Old 27th February 2009, 11:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No issues my friend. We all learn from scratch and you have made the beginning by joining this forum, soon you will know what it all means.

Abhinav:

Seeing your system I am really surprised you still need an other Amp, it mind-blowing. I suppose you already have that 14001 amp with you.
All I can say where do you wanna go till what limit? To have an answer to that, has no limit
I suppose Eclipse only plays just the Audio CDs.
If you don't mind can I know what issue you having with the current setup that's pushing you towards upgrading already perfect setup?
I kinda want my HU to have USB , Bluetooth, better TA, and some more features

As for amp, my subs arent running on full potential so want to give them the power they want.
Old 27th February 2009, 11:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did some search on pioneer and it seems that there seems to be some noise issues with it. Wasn't mentioned what noise issue.
Its the usual Pioneer pico fuse noise issue, which can be avoided if you dont short the RCAs to ground. We havent had any noise issues with the P80RSII's we have used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I think there is Clarion Distributor in India
Supreme Audiotronics located in Delhi.

And Clarion India websites has 786USB listed on it.
Clarion India | DXZ786USB
They don't carry any stocks at all.
Old 27th February 2009, 13:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I kinda want my HU to have USB , Bluetooth, better TA, and some more features

As for amp, my subs arent running on full potential so want to give them the power they want.
Well we have 4 contenders here why don't you consider them? Clarion has all that you mentioned as well as the Kenwood. And the balance money you can put in in getting a good amp and may be 2 if required.
Old 27th February 2009, 13:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

GUNBIR:
Quote:
Its the usual Pioneer pico fuse noise issue, which can be avoided if you dont short the RCAs to ground. We havent had any noise issues with the P80RSII's we have used.
The Clarion has a digital TA is it suppose to be the same as the one on Alpine 9887?
Old 27th February 2009, 13:27   #41
BHPian

gunbir paaji pls reply to my PM !
Old 27th February 2009, 13:52   #42
Senior - BHPian

i wish i had the money to buy a kenwood x991 right now. the specs make it so damn covetable!
Old 27th February 2009, 14:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Does the X991 have TA?
Old 27th February 2009, 14:56   #44
nitin.dangayach

I haven't heard all of them but I was about to buy that clarion 786USB. Its sounds amazing but the interface turned me off terribly. There is something like a plastic fixture over the display screen that has to moved left or right to navigate through the menu. They call it a revolution but it didn't appeal me. Again I can visualize dust getting trapped in the two surfaces soon and the visual appeal fading away.

I had to choose JVC HU, which was available in the same budget.

Old 27th February 2009, 14:59   #45
Senior - BHPian

@nitrous, it does.

I'd like to echo what Gunbir said about the 9887 emphasizing the upper midrange. When your speakers already have good mid-range reproduction, a 9887 tends to over-exaggerate things to the extent that some material even sounds pretty harsh.

If I had the money, I'd replace my 9887 with a 7200MKII or an X991 without skipping a beat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks