Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2006, 20:35   #3736
Senior - BHPian

dude, why do you want an alpine at the back? ; heard teh new 7series frm jbl does good job. Anyway your ears. I am not good at Alpine prices.
Pioneer 6100 @ 7k grey is a good buy.Its a 4 channel amp. Later on you can bridge its 2 channel for suband then drive the rear frm HU. What say?
Old 25th June 2006, 21:13   #3737
BHPian

will check the JBL 7 series. I going in for 2 subs, so any suggestions for a twin sub setup?
Old 25th June 2006, 21:23   #3738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
dude, why do you want an alpine at the back? ; heard teh new 7series frm jbl does good job. Anyway your ears. I am not good at Alpine prices.
Pioneer 6100 @ 7k grey is a good buy.Its a 4 channel amp. Later on you can bridge its 2 channel for suband then drive the rear frm HU. What say?

agreed with jk... its better to drive the front and the sub with amp in case of a 4 channel amp and drive the rears through the HU. Its better to have the amp power on speakers closest to you.
Old 25th June 2006, 21:45   #3739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon_bro
will check the JBL 7 series. I going in for 2 subs, so any suggestions for a twin sub setup?
TWO Subs... ??.. You will disctinctly need a more powerful amp!... or TWO!
Old 25th June 2006, 21:51   #3740

Quote:
Hi Venky, welcome to TBHP.

Your ICE does look great. I love Alpine's and Infinity and would love to have a setup of these one day But if it was me, I would haev had an Infinity compo at teh frnt.

An amp; start with a 4 good channel amp. You can try Pio, JBL (CS or GTO series) or Alpine ones. Some good Pio amps would be 6100, 944 and JBL has CS 60.4 or if you can the GTO75.4!

A four channel amp as your Hu has 3 preamp outs(frnt/rear/sub). You can add a sub later on (with a mono amp or bridge 2 channels of teh 4 channel amp to power it).
Thanks Das.

The Infinity front compo is freakin expensive. this is how the rack rates with bill/warranty feel good factors work out now...

Alpine 9847R: between 13 and 14.5k
JBL Front Comps: 5,500 vs Infinity Front Comps: 8,500

JBl Rear Ovals: 5,500 vs Infinity Reference (not kappa): 6,990

These are MRP and should be able to squeeze the tiniest milk out of the stone (read discounts).

Now, i tested both the rear speakers side by side, and the Infinity's just blasted the JBL's out of the room! Unbelieveable clarity and thump...or my ears deceive me.

Ofcourse, i am driving, and I understand the theory that since you drive, the front speakers ought to be good, since you sit close to them...but the price differential is just too much...I think the JBL kind of muscles close to the infinity comps.

I like to build my system scientifically and with thourough understanding of what is the best...because if I buy something its kind of for life...like my Yezdi

My next question is to SAM and a few people in Bangalore. I am planning to get this set up done at FX AUDIO in Bangalore - who are the dealers for JBL/Infinity...I have a friend who works on the operations side (name starts with A after a great Indian ruler...he knows you sam) works there and have met a few cool people who work there as well. But, are they good? My other option is Sachin Auto shop...but I prefer FX since I know folks.

What cabling should I go in for? My Palio comes with factory fitted wiring, which I have been told NOT to disturb as it could affect the overall electrical wiring of the car (there have been recent accidents and fire safety issues because of after market fitments such as these). I have no clue about things like this.

cheers!
Old 25th June 2006, 22:05   #3741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
TWO Subs... ??.. You will disctinctly need a more powerful amp!... or TWO!

Instead of going for 2 amps I think 1 amp with more power is a good option. In that case a single 6 channel amp may be okay if harmon is planning for 2 subs or if he thinks of a single sub may be a 5 channel amp will do.
Old 25th June 2006, 22:15   #3742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delu
Instead of going for 2 amps I think 1 amp with more power is a good option. In that case a single 6 channel amp may be okay if harmon is planning for 2 subs or if he thinks of a single sub may be a 5 channel amp will do.
Yes he can do either ... the point to remember here is that he wants TWO subs.. each sub - depending on what he picks up, will need a minimum of 150wrms EACH minimum.. All the 6 channel amps that I know of that power are as insanely expensive as they are rare!

He will be better off investing in TWO four channel amps.. or one Four channel and one TWO channel.. He can use the four channel bridged to drive two subs... and use the two channel for the front compos while driving the rear speakers from the HU.. However given the cost difference between a four channel and a two channel amp in india and future resale value etc, he might be better off just going in for TWO four channel amps.. added advantage he can drive his rears also thru it!
Old 25th June 2006, 22:18   #3743
Senior - BHPian

There is a adaptor to get power and so from teh car's wiring and hence no need to cut the original wiring. ANd for speakers do use the wire taht comes with teh pack

sam's busy with HU setup somewher.

Last edited by jkdas : 25th June 2006 at 22:19.
Old 25th June 2006, 22:34   #3744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sam's busy with HU setup somewher.
........or getting paid for it!!
Old 25th June 2006, 23:07   #3745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
........or getting paid for it!!
'p' ?

6 channel amp?

Is there a 5 channel amp which would deliver 200W rms? And if one's serious abt sub, get a good mono amp.
Old 26th June 2006, 10:06   #3746
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone upload teh manual of Pioneer 7750 for me. Or a link would do

jk can i have your email id so that i can attach the manual and email it to you!!!
Old 26th June 2006, 10:20   #3747
BHPian

Quote:
'p' ?

6 channel amp?

Is there a 5 channel amp which would deliver 200W rms? And if one's serious abt sub, get a good mono amp.

in fact Pyle PLAD-618 2000-Watt 6-Channel delivers 4 x 100W + 2 x 250W rms at 4 ohms. you can check the specs.
Old 26th June 2006, 10:37   #3748
Senior - BHPian

PILE??.... Opps .. Sorry PYLE??? ... B&T where art thou??
Old 26th June 2006, 11:16   #3749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
satish:
Keep the HU. BTW does it have a auxillary pre-in socket on the front panel? I cant tell from the photo you have posted. Some Sony model do have this. If so you cna use this to connect your pocket PC player.

Good front speakers will run you about 4-6K per pair. JBL (CS and GTO series), Alpine SPS/SPE series, Blaupunkt GT series offer models in the price range.

Then I would add a nice 4 ch. amp. The Pioneer 6100 at 7k will serve this prupose.

Lastly if you have the space I would add the a subwoofer. There are a few 8" woofers that will occupy less space than the more commonly available 12" woofers. I think JBL sells one in India but I forget the model number. Hertz sells a 8" woofer that needs a small (15 liter) box.

I'd keep the sony rear speakers as they are really only for rear fill.
As a first step to my upgrade, I am planning to put JBL 5" components in the front and power them using my existing Sony 222 AMP. Planning to power the rear speakers directly from HU. Any suggestions? Later i will put a better AMP and woofer. My choice of music is i listen to everything though my priority is smooth Jazz. I want something that plays jazz better but gives decent quality when playing pop or rock or filmi music. I also listen to podcast. Then I put my Equalizer preset to Vocal and that sounds good.
Any suggestions for JBL Compo models?

Still i am looking for a cheaper solution to connect my pocketpc to HU.
Old 26th June 2006, 11:53   #3750
Senior - BHPian

satish , seems your config looks fine. Do upgrade later. Its for a Palio 1.6 right?

and kb,its l a eye D. got it?

and Delu, how much would it cost and guys can you comment on that product?

Last edited by jkdas : 26th June 2006 at 11:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks