Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2007, 16:17   #5236
Senior - BHPian

budget??????????????????
Old 31st January 2007, 20:30   #5237
Senior - BHPian

An aquaintance of mine has purchased these Pioneer TS-G1611R co-axials (along with a Pioneer 6x9", Pioneer HU and Sony 502 Amp).

These are to be installed in an Esteem (with power windows). T

Those co-axials are like 6.5" so would need to go on the front door. Any possible problems? will a spacer ring be required?
Old 31st January 2007, 21:35   #5238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
An aquaintance of mine has purchased these Pioneer TS-G1611R co-axials (along with a Pioneer 6x9", Pioneer HU and Sony 502 Amp).

These are to be installed in an Esteem (with power windows). T

Those co-axials are like 6.5" so would need to go on the front door. Any possible problems? will a spacer ring be required?
What model Esteem is it??...Vxi or the lxi?
Well in a Lxi it is possible to fix a 6.5'' using some modification..of course this should be done by a good installer....
And in a Vxi...only a 4'' speakers can be fixed in its stock location...Fixing speakers on the doors would be difficult as an utility space is provied on the door...
Old 1st February 2007, 03:21   #5239
lancer_mania

what do you do besides reducing the gain on your amp when your music is flooded wiith bass....ive reduced bass to the minimum on my head unit on my equalizer too 80 HZ is set at -2 lpf set to 80 HZ wht else can i do ?

Old 1st February 2007, 08:20   #5240
Senior - BHPian

What you need is some bass blocker voodoo. Check the posts below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...tml#post336763 (See post #122 and after)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/295050-post4378.html

Audio Accessories & Installation/Speaker Wire & Installation/Bass Blockers at Crutchfield.com (taken from Navin's post above)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...tml#post207252

This should about get you started. If you search for "bass blocker", you'll find more related posts.
Old 1st February 2007, 10:21   #5241
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_mania View Post
what do you do besides reducing the gain on your amp when your music is flooded wiith bass....ive reduced bass to the minimum on my head unit on my equalizer too 80 HZ is set at -2 lpf set to 80 HZ wht else can i do ?
I'm assuming you dont have an external equalizer, if yes, get rid of it. Check your head unit to make sure things like BBE, Bass engine Blah blah, Powerful, Super bass, Mother's milk bass are all OFF. Loudness should be either off or at the most on mid. That should help you.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 1st February 2007 at 10:24.
Old 1st February 2007, 13:17   #5242
lancer_mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I'm assuming you dont have an external equalizer, if yes, get rid of it. Check your head unit to make sure things like BBE, Bass engine Blah blah, Powerful, Super bass, Mother's milk bass are all OFF. Loudness should be either off or at the most on mid. That should help you.
no i dont have a equalizer.all settings on my head unit are nil or minus.loudness is OFF.

Old 1st February 2007, 13:20   #5243
Distinguished - BHPian

Then baba, make sure HPF is on for your speakers and definitely lower the gain on the subwoofer amplifier.
Old 1st February 2007, 13:29   #5244
Senior - BHPian

Lancer Mania: Is the excess bass from the sub, or from the speakers?? Do not reduce the bass on the equalizer, it will cause an imbalance in the sound. If the speakers are producing too much bass, engage the HPF on the amp or the player. If the sub is too loud, check if the bass boost on the amp is active. All the other pests that Sam named could also be responsible.

Hydrashok, a bass blocker is not recommended if the culprit here is the subwoofer. Also, a bass blocker is a last resort, too much bass can usually be controlled in a lot of other ways.
Old 1st February 2007, 14:01   #5245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Not really. Most such amps also have a remote bass knob that is used to control the sub channels level.
As soon as I posted this I knew someone (I was expecting Elf to shoot first) would point this out. I meant control from the HU. Gunbir you know how I like HU control (KCA 420i for ipod etc...) you could have read between the lines.

Most amps do provide a control knob but installing one makes a car loose it's stock look.
Old 1st February 2007, 16:34   #5246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
you could have read between the lines.

Most amps do provide a control knob but installing one makes a car loose it's stock look.
I did read between the lines, but mentioning it seemed apt as this information would have been helpful to the original poster. Control from the HU is debatable as many modern cars like the Accord, Civic and others do not allow the user to have sub-bass control from the stock HU anyways. In such cases as well, the remote bass knob is what is required.
Old 2nd February 2007, 08:23   #5247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_mania View Post
.ive reduced bass to the minimum on my head unit on my equalizer too 80 HZ is set at -2 lpf set to 80 HZ wht else can i do ?
Guys...he`s sayin that the lpf is set to 80hz...Dont you`l think that maybe the problem for the flooded bass?....hope he meant the hpf...
Wel buddy try turnin off the lpf nd switchin on the hpf at 80hz as suggested by the gurus....
Old 2nd February 2007, 08:44   #5248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
... If the sub is too loud, check if the bass boost on the amp is active. ...
I think this is most likely to be the issue. Most installers set it this way (max bass boost on the amp) so the customer feels great at first, with bass pounding in his chest.

I'm reaching here, but a badly designed ported enclosure could also be causing the bass to be very muddy?

And, if the polarity of wires to the sub has been reversed (mistake in connecting + & -), this could happen right?

If all is ok with the amp & sub, maybe the input level of the sub amp (or channels feeding the sub) has been set too high, vis-a-vis the speaker amp (or channels feeding the speakers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Hydrashok, a bass blocker is not recommended if the culprit here is the subwoofer. Also, a bass blocker is a last resort, too much bass can usually be controlled in a lot of other ways.
Very true. I didn't know he had a sub. Me a Culpa
Old 2nd February 2007, 10:40   #5249
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
...Control from the HU is debatable as many modern cars like the Accord, Civic ....
That is why I got me a Skoda and my wife a Sail (she wanted a hatch). That and the fact that they have tweeter pods and better body panels. Like a great man one said "who cares about Engine-Vengine" this is the ICE forum! :-)
Old 2nd February 2007, 11:32   #5250
BANNED

Ice Installer In Cochin

dO YOU THINK ITS BETTER TO NAME THE DEALER? OK I can
say that his shop is around Mamangalam..I will be getting the system probably next week from Dubai.I enquired the system here.The price t comes to around Rs.48000/ In dubai the system retails for 2750 Dirhams.
.Is there anyone other than Zuheimi who is good in installs?It's better to
have another one in reserve always///
Thanks all of you for the advice///

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
@dilipkumar..... Zuhemi @ Emperor is the best known in Cochin. His professional workmanship and quality is just superb. He is an audiophile himself and experiments all sort of new audio stuff on his own car. Don't be shocked, many installers do that on others' cars.
There're some other good installers too.

Have you bought the stuff you want to be installed?

We would be glad to know where you had a bad experience earlier. And was it regarding the install or equipment?

Most Viewed