Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2007, 00:08   #5266
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Thankyou speedzak...but Ihae enquired the said HU in Penta Menaka and there it comes to around 42000/,so there is a difference of around 5000rs between tthe accessories shops and the shop at Penta.That's why I thought it better to enquire at Chennai. Also would you suggest waiting a little if the price of this HU drops.
Car accessories shops normally charges come extra to cover up the installation costs. But that big difference is not worth buying from them. Installation will cost less.

The grey market people who sells these kinda stuff to accessory shops operate from places like Penta and broadway. So, it's obvious they'll be having the cheapest prices too.

I won't wait if I had the money ready. Simply because the newer one may appeal more with it's features etc.. and I would be an inferior soul after that.
This unit has been selling from 2005 and it's already old now.
Old 5th February 2007, 08:57   #5267
Senior - BHPian

Didn't want to start a saperate thread for this... Thought it was a nice install

Its a Skoda from Cochin
Old 5th February 2007, 11:43   #5268
Team-BHP Support

Karthik that is very, very nice. No grill on the subs? only 1 amp driving everything (4 speakers and 2 subs)?
Old 5th February 2007, 12:02   #5269
NIP
Senior - BHPian

IMHO...i think a lot of boot space is wasted in this install...it could have been done cleverly to retain more space. maybe the owner doesn't care about space...but from the looks of it...he was not looking at a show quality install either...my 2 paise...

Last edited by NIP : 5th February 2007 at 12:03.
Old 5th February 2007, 12:08   #5270
BHPian

I was just curoius..why are the subs aligned sideways in this particular way?..any particular reason for it? althogh it IS a beautiful install....
Old 5th February 2007, 12:14   #5271
Senior - BHPian

nice install neat and clean ...but the placement of the subs is a bit odd...........
Old 5th February 2007, 12:24   #5272
Senior - BHPian

Cool. Forget the looks. Only one amp ??? probably just for the subs. How is the Sound quality ??
Old 5th February 2007, 12:41   #5273
Senior - BHPian

I liked how neat the install is too. Not cluttered at all. But I too feel there is a lot of space wasted. (Maybe the owner wanted that specific area lengthwise for something particular). Unless no luggage is ever carried in the boot, no grilles would definitely cause trouble. From the equipment used (All Alpine, incl HU), and the style of work done in the boot (and fact that there are no grilles) I think I know where this job was done
Old 5th February 2007, 13:30   #5274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
IMHO...i think a lot of boot space is wasted in this install...it could have been done cleverly to retain more space. maybe the owner doesn't care about space...but from the looks of it...he was not looking at a show quality install either...my 2 paise...
I have worked on a Octavia myself and realise this is a good way to install 2 12" (if one really needs 2 x 12"). The Octavia's left side is not straght and hence would nessiciate a complex structure (possible only with FRP, carbon fiber etc..). The other option would be to have the 2 12" woofer facig each other and install the second woofer where the amp and 634 CD changer are. The bax as it is would give each woofer about 30 liters to operate in. There might be a small hump in the bass (causing some boominess) but this can be reduced by tuning the HU and Amp accordingly.

The single amp might be a 5 ch. F450 or 4 ch. F540. It looks larger than the F340 and the chassis looks like a F series. If it is a 450 then I wonder how well the subwoofer channel drives the 2 subs. If it is a 540 I assume that the rear speakers are driven from the HU (or they may be absent altogether).
Old 5th February 2007, 13:44   #5275
Senior - BHPian

The only problem as I see it is with accessing the tail-lamps.

And whats with the part on the back of the seat towards the right top corner which has been blanked out?
Old 5th February 2007, 13:47   #5276
Distinguished - BHPian

That's the JBL logo, which has been blanked out, lol, j/k

Nice job. Well done.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 5th February 2007 at 13:50.
Old 5th February 2007, 16:46   #5277
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
The only problem as I see it is with accessing the tail-lamps.
Only the left tail lamp. That is another reason why I did what I did (with L brackets). B&T has seen my install (as I dont post pics). For me to post a pic it means taking out my D80, 30/1,4 lens, tripod, master and slave flashes etc....and then there is something called photoshop which I dont know how to use.
Old 5th February 2007, 16:52   #5278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh@rpshooter View Post

Since the scorpio is a mini room...
1 pair of component speakers on the very back firing to the front.
1 10" sub ideally in a tube enclosure below the 1st row seats OR a 10" box enclosure sub somewhere near the door
1 four channel amp to drive bothe the sub and the components.
Does this make sense in a car ? will it work ? or is my neuron too overworked ?
Nothing in the front? Neuron overworked! Happens to me too! I saw Sam's post and between the 3 of us we have 3 neurons. Should be adequate for a good ICE install.

The Scorpio is not a fun car to ICE.
a) it is huge and Lossy
b) it does not have nice stock locations in the front
c) the few I have seen have buzzes and rattles and that bugs the hell out of me.
so you will need

a) a nice big sub. think 12"+.
b) some sort of custom front door panels for a 6" 2 way comp.
c) lots of damping material
Old 5th February 2007, 17:34   #5279
Senior - BHPian

Spacers and custom door panel not necessary. Most regular 6.5" speakers go in without a hassle, there is decent clearance between the panel and the glass. Example below.

Old 5th February 2007, 17:58   #5280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Only the left tail lamp. That is another reason why I did what I did (with L brackets). B&T has seen my install (as I dont post pics). For me to post a pic it means taking out my D80, 30/1,4 lens, tripod, master and slave flashes etc....and then there is something called photoshop which I dont know how to use.
cool..I am a Olympus man myself but that is some nice Nikkor glass you have sir !

and yes..i can not think of using cellphone cameras too... nothing other than the whole works does it for me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks