Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2007, 20:46   #5176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
We have said it before and I'll say it again. No brand is better than another.

Boston is a dedicated speaker manufacturer and it is well respected. I suggest your friend try and listen to it. Some Boston speakers have a very typical, signature love it or hate it sound.

Obviously he can listen to the infinity reference in your car and make up his own mind. Reference is decent VFM. If his budget is higher, he can buy the kappa.

There aren't too many manufacturers that provide factory made sealed enclosures in India, I know JBL is one of them.
Alternatively you can buy a good subwoofer and make a nice sealed box, according to the supplied T-S parameters.

We are here if you need help on that.

The Infinity Kappa Perfect subwoofer is a high end subwoofer (with Variable Q) and does compare to some high end subwoofers available in India. The drawback is that it is not great VFM at all (Bang for the buck is limited) and is not easily available.
On the sealed box, I sure will come back to you guys . But Sam, on the Perfect Sub, what do you mean by bang for the buck is limited. You do agree that this series of sub competes with other high end subs, so what is that FACTOR. Also please help me with the sub too then, which one should I go for especailly when I go for a sealed box and my kind of listening to LFM.

Thanks.
Old 23rd January 2007, 11:01   #5177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon_bro View Post
My friend is upgrading his setup and he wants to know if the Boston better sounds than the Infinity. How does these 2 speaker brands fair against each other in the speaker and component speakers.

And I would like to know the Infinity Perfect subwoofer compares with any other subs that is available here. I dont like the loud boom, instead I like the tight and responsive Bass in sync with the music, hence going for a sealed enclosure instead of a ported one.(any pointers on this)

Current Current audio setup(Lancer):
  • Alpine CDA 9856
  • Infinity-speakers-ref9613i
  • Infinity-speakers-ref5010cs

There were some comments about the new Bostons are not as good as the old ones, from some gurus here.

Perfect Kappa is perfect if you like tight bass. I have auditioned 10.1 (svc) in a 1 cuft sealed box and was bowled over by its pace and precision. And you dont need loads of power to drive it as it is a very efficient driver. But availability is an issue. And cost isnt on the lower side.
Old 23rd January 2007, 11:57   #5178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon_bro View Post
...what do you mean by bang for the buck is limited..
Given the Indian audience there are other woofers that produce the same quantity of bass for less. At the price point of subs like the Perfect you are debating about the QUALITY of bass and that is often a subjective issue.
Old 23rd January 2007, 16:33   #5179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I needed sizes of the stock speaker pods on the front and rear of the Ford Ikon 1.3 Flair please. Does the Ikon come with tweeter pods?
Hi guys, anyone knows the stock sizes?
Old 23rd January 2007, 17:05   #5180
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe the stock sizes are 5X7
Old 23rd January 2007, 18:33   #5181
Team-BHP Support

And the front speaker sizes?
Old 23rd January 2007, 18:56   #5182
Distinguished - BHPian

I am given to believe it's the same size for the front and rear.
Old 25th January 2007, 14:01   #5183
BHPian

What's the approximate price of Perfect 10.1 in India? ProFX doesnt list Perfects. But I remember seeing a pair of 12.1s in a JBL-ed Octavia. Sam, any help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Given the Indian audience there are other woofers that produce the same quantity of bass for less...
Navinji, given that I trust your taste of bass (dont we all?), which are the comparable subs you mentioning?

I bought my 10.1 in the US, but I cant find a bakra to carry the monsters back. And my trip is getting postponed. So I am thinking of buying one that can be easily sourced in India. As someone said here, one can always find cars to port it to.

And offtopic: I feel stupid not to have connected Navin@DIYA to you. Must be the avatar!!
Old 25th January 2007, 14:58   #5184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
What's the approximate price of Perfect 10.1 in India?

Navinji, ...which are the comparable subs you mentioning?

I bought my 10.1 in the US, but I cant find a bakra to carry the monsters back....

And offtopic: I feel stupid not to have connected Navin@DIYA to you. Must be the avatar!!
Guru Sam represents Infinity in India. He can apraise you on prices and availability.

I've not heard Hertz subs at length but I find I prefer the Infinity or Alpine Type R to the JBL for definition. He JBL however caters to a different audience than myself. However if I were a rich man and had to do it all over again I'd seriously consider ID.

Finding a bakra to carry 2 smalll JX92s back is difficult enough good luck on the 10.1!

I used to have the same avatar on all the forums i frequent but slowly this has changed - no concious effort.
Old 25th January 2007, 15:22   #5185
Senior - BHPian

how well will the PA275 drive the 12" JBL bass tube ?? which other subs should i also look at (in the same price range) which will deliver as well or better than this amp.

Rev
Old 25th January 2007, 15:32   #5186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
how well will the PA275 drive the 12" JBL bass tube ?? which other subs should i also look at (in the same price range) which will deliver as well or better than this amp.
The 275 will drive the 12" JBL tube fairly well. The JBL tube is boomy but good VFM and I dont know anything in it's price range that can directly compare. I am not sure on the prices of other tube woofers.
Old 25th January 2007, 15:39   #5187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post

Rev
Navin, I think the underlined word is a mistype, he meant amplifiers. According to his thread he just bought a JBL tube.

Rev, the blau 275 will drive it nicely. As will a Pioneer 6100.
Old 25th January 2007, 16:34   #5188
Senior - BHPian

ah yes i meant amps.im sorry....im jus thinking over it.my sony 552 is 3 months old should i get rid of it and get the blaunpankt ? is it worth it or should i carry on with the sony get a much better (prob mono ) a little later ?
Old 25th January 2007, 18:27   #5189
BHPian

hey guys, i wanted to know if the JBL Power Series Subwoofers (P-1220 / P-1222) are available in India. If yes, how much?
thanks!
Old 25th January 2007, 19:15   #5190
Distinguished - BHPian

I know you emailed me gamerno1. Sorry, been busy. Yes it is sold in India. P1220E is for Rs.19,990/- all inclusive.

PS- It needs a lot of power to drive it. It's a long excursion woofer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks