Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2007, 13:55   #5101
BHPian

Thanks!!! sounds good to me!! so i should get a pioneer amp, what about jbl how much do they cost?

Fusion car audio - Select your region
Old 12th January 2007, 13:58   #5102
Team-BHP Support

JBL amps are a bit more I think teh 60.2 (2 ch.) costs about 7K and the 60.4 (4 ch.) about 10K. Sam Kapasi is JBL'sexpert here (amongst other things).
Old 12th January 2007, 14:04   #5103
Team-BHP Support

Navinji, the 60.4's MRP is Rs.8990 i think. 60.2 i think is correct at 7K.
Old 12th January 2007, 16:23   #5104
BHPian

hmmm Navinji i.e. if i can call you that , what about a mono amp driving the sub and the 4ch amp drving the rest, is that good, or the setup you said is better?

i can stretch the budget, i love the jbl sub's base so was wondering if it was driven by a jbl amp would it be better....
Old 12th January 2007, 17:03   #5105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Sam Kapasi is JBL'sexpert .
Somehow I think the old man did that on purpose.
Yes vid, 60.2 = 6990/-, 60.4 = 8990/-
Old 12th January 2007, 21:51   #5106
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
... You can also try one of those Dawood's followers for a cheap grey/black thingy.
You pervert! I don't need a vibrator. Unless you're selling it cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
... Whatever it is, we'll enjoy seeing you ICE up your car. ...
Thank you. But am not planning to do so for a bit yet - am currently just undertaking some basic research on the eventual procurement of a bit more bass & a very, very clean, non-intrusive install.

I gotta do lots of stuff to the engine-vengine first. Like a three angle valve job. A head shave. Porting & polishing. Installation of an FPR. And the fitting of an overbored throttle body (strange - it never used to be bored before ). The expected cost should be around 65-70k. Post that, shall look at ICE-shice & whiskey-shiskey.
Old 12th January 2007, 22:09   #5107
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
How about this one? Look simple enough?
Thanks bungir. The blue Blaupunkt amp looks sweet. Nice & clean. Although don't much care for that orange thingie next to it. Hope it's not part of the install. Else it can go in somebody else's car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
... Are you particular about driving your front and rear speakers? ...
Don't be silly hydra. ICE = In Car Entertainment. Key words there: In Car. What's the point of leaving my lovely speakers at home. Of course I'd like to drive with both of them. What do you suggest otherwise - headphones off my H/U??

Quote:
... and drive your front speakers and the sub, leaving the rear speakers to be run off the HU. ...
Dude! I'm looking for a solution, not a shotgun marriage. I don't want my rear speakers to run off with my H/U. What's the point then? Jeez - you keep coming back to the darned headphones off cellphone in car combo.

To make this simple - I would like to have amplified sound coming out of my four existing speakers (components front, coaxes rear) & a sub/bass tube eventually. All this should be fader-able & balance-able, & the amplification should come from one amplifier which should take it's source from the head unit. Capisce?

Thanks.

Last edited by elf : 12th January 2007 at 22:12.
Old 12th January 2007, 22:21   #5108
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
... Elf we are in the same city. You can see my car anytime. It has a resonably discrete subwoofer location. I can still fit 2 32" bags, 2 20" carry on roll-on roll of bags and my duty free bags in the trunk. Granted the Octavia has a large trunk. ...
Thanks navin. You can see my car anytime too. Preferably over a drink. Something like you show me yours & I'll show you mine.

You drive an Octavia. That's a darned trunk with a car attatched. You could put in about 96 JBL Pro line array speakers (Vikas Corporation :: Vertec™ Series from JBL Pro) & still be able to shove in the rest of Mick Jagger's moving circus.

My car's boot is sized a bit more moderately. Hence my current dilemma. Also don't like wires & bits & pieces. But we've been over that already.

Last edited by elf : 12th January 2007 at 22:25.
Old 12th January 2007, 22:42   #5109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Thanks bungir. The blue Blaupunkt amp looks sweet. Nice & clean. Although don't much care for that orange thingie next to it. Hope it's not part of the install. Else it can go in somebody else's car.
It is a Audison amp not a blau.......flE......
Old 12th January 2007, 22:56   #5110
Team-BHP Support

LOL!!! Elf the orange thingie in the pic is a tool kit. hope you know what the round thingy next to that is.
Quote:
To make this simple - I would like to have amplified sound coming out of my four existing speakers (components front, coaxes rear) & a sub/bass tube eventually. All this should be fader-able & balance-able, & the amplification should come from one amplifier which should take it's source from the head unit.
I thought you wanted sound from your car speakers???

Do you have a sub already? how about HU?

If you have a decent HU you should seriously consider the option with just a single 4 channel amp like GTO75.4 to power your sub and front compos.

The rears are meant to be rear fills so if powered from the HU will not be that bad.

ps: how is your car gonna pull all the weight of the ICE with only 3 cylinders? lol.....
Old 12th January 2007, 23:15   #5111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
... The blue Blaupunkt amp looks sweet...
Sacrilege! Thou have spoken that what that object of worship is not!!!

Like LBM pointed out that is an Audison amp. Looks like an LRx5. (5 channel amp).

Looks like what you need is a 5 ch amp for sure. Hunting down an old Alpine F450 or getting an LRx5 seems like the only solution.

Or you need a 4-ch amp to drive the front & rear speakers, and an active sub (a sub with the sub-driver and an amp in a single box). That way you'll have only one amp out in the open. The Infinity Basslink II (10" active sub; approx. 15K) is a great option. I think it is available only grey, so Sam will have to look the other way .

JBL used to have an active Bass Tube (that looked like the nuclear bombs they show in movies), but I don't think they sell it any more. I think Hertz have a 10" active sub in the Energy series (DBX250A or something like that), but that is something like 30K if I'm not mistaken.
Old 12th January 2007, 23:17   #5112
elf
BANNED

Dear vid6639,

You are not hip & with it. Else you would know that my car's now running on two cylinders. I've kept the two others for more important things - as additional reservoirs for fluids - one for brake & the other for the windscreen washer.

Coming to my existing ICE setup:
I have an old Alpine Head Unit which plays tapes & FM radio. I have a 6 CD changer in the trunk. I have lovely door mounted Infinity reference 6010CS components up front, & Infinity reference 9613i coaxes on the rear parcel shelf. No sub-shub or burger-shurger. Just simple fish n' chips.
Old 12th January 2007, 23:26   #5113
elf
BANNED

Quote:
... an active sub (a sub with the sub-driver and an amp in a single box). That way you'll have only one amp out in the open. The Infinity Basslink II (10" active sub; approx. 15K) is a great option. I think it is available only grey, so Sam will have to look the other way.

JBL used to have an active Bass Tube (that looked like the nuclear bombs they show in movies), but I don't think they sell it any more. I think Hertz have a 10" active sub in the Energy series (DBX250A or something like that), but that is something like 30K if I'm not mistaken.
@hydra: Audison-Blaupunkt what difference? Don't want to know... Just want sweet clean sound.

I like the idea of an active sub. Preferably one sourced directly from Sam. No grey market crap for me please - it's too much fun chewing the dealer's brains like Orbit white if something does go wrong. Also if you're paying for your product, might as well pay the piddly tax as well.

30K for an active sub to go boom-boom? For 30k I could get two Russians & a hotel room!!!

Though the 15k for a powered Infinity sub sounds sweet. Sam auntie, the JBL' sexpert, where art thou? Calling calling no answering...
Old 12th January 2007, 23:34   #5114
Team-BHP Support

So you planning on keeping the HU and cd changer or changing that?

What hydra says is your best bet. go for the Lrx5 amp. for the Sub JBL or hertz 12" should suffice.

If you do change the HU you can also get rid of the cd changer. the amp can replace that somewhere in the boot and even the wiring will be concealed so not much to worry.

You have a pic of your current front speakers. How did you get 6" in the front without any mods to the door pads?

Also if you dont need your spare wheel you can put the sub in the wheel well. Even if you do need the stepney you can later keep it in the hood once the remaining 2 cylinders also stop running.

Why windcreen washer fluid? keep some essential fluids for yourself instead.
Old 13th January 2007, 01:48   #5115
elf
BANNED

@vid: Eventually even the CD changer & H/U shall be changed to a more modern looking (better sounding?) Alpine. Much much later though.

Also, I don't have 6" in front. And I'm not going to tell you how big it is - you're very rude to ask a man that question. Come to think of it, you guys are quite crotch obsessive here. First Zak asks me if I want a vibrator & now you ask me this. Shee shee.

I need the stepney & my two cylinders. Else I may as well ride a put-puttee or something.

Now I'm going. Please keep any further queries restricted to ICE. Buss.

PS: Will the Infinity active sub mentioned earlier be as big/small (dimensionally) as the JBL tube?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks