Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2006, 17:45   #4951
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a public forum. It would be as wrong to have a no-go list, as having a go-ahead list.

We're here to share opinions, let's keep it that way na?
Old 28th December 2006, 23:03   #4952
JPL
BHPian

Iam going nuts?

Hi Again,

I have been to some dealers here and I have rounded off on the following, and now my budget for the speakers has exceed to 77000/- well beleive it or not..since its very soon SALARY time. Please find the specs given below.

All prices are with B&W:

1. Front Comps: Infinity kappa 6.5, 13500
2. Rear Coax on Plank: Infinity Kappa: 9500
3. Plank: 900
4. Monster RCA cable : 1500
5. Monster Amp wiring Kit: 2000
6. Rockford Fosgate 12" sub with company box : 13500
7. JBL GTO 75.4: 12990
8. JBL 301.1:12990
9. Lightining Audio Damping: 1500 for two front doors.
9. +Vat 12.2

Well the last thing that I wanna know is, is it really worth installing this in a Santro? and also does it really make sense to install the above? and how are the infinity speakers, are they better then polk audio or momo? ( well as i have told I will be listening to rock,metal and hip hop, need expert advice on this)

And also, how is the choice of Rockford fosgate Subwoofer, I also heard MTX, MA Audio and infinity sub and of course JBL, which is the best SUB, Price=performance.

I also wanna admit something, all this audio craze has also changed my mind to go for a sedan, (Fiesta or city..ummn)

Also how is JL audio sub, and 12" cost?

Thanks,

JPL

Old 28th December 2006, 23:22   #4953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Haha these names (Kicker wasnt really one of them but is going downhill) would be at the top of that list... BTW, did you know Audiobahn & MA (Mobile Authority) Audio are owned by the same palestenian family... and according to industry news both have filed for bankrupcy recently...
Not that it matters, but a good scoop. Maybe this 'industry press release'..Audiobahn..MA Audio...Bankrupt? - CARSOUND.COM Forum. was of help. Certainly looks like industry news to me!

Let me give you some more industry news, Audiobahn is owned by the Talibahn (It even rhymes! ). No prizes for guessing who's the Chairman, and hence the rest of the family! You never fail to amuse me.
Old 29th December 2006, 00:14   #4954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Not that it matters, but a good scoop. Maybe this 'industry press release'..Audiobahn..MA Audio...Bankrupt? - CARSOUND.COM Forum. was of help. Certainly looks like industry news to me!

Let me give you some more industry news, Audiobahn is owned by the Talibahn (It even rhymes!). No prizes for guessing who's the Chairman, and hence the rest of the family! You never fail to amuse me.
I'm glad you're amused B&T, at least someone reads my posts. Actually, thats not where I heard it... but thanks for the link... made for some interesting reading. So, Ichiban shares their lineage too... hmm... should've guessed. the apple doesnt fall far from the tree...
Old 29th December 2006, 03:07   #4955
elf
BANNED

gunbir, Ichiban is the family member with eczema. And her problem is exacerbated by apples.

Last edited by elf : 29th December 2006 at 03:09. Reason: typo-shypo.
Old 29th December 2006, 12:18   #4956
Team-BHP Support

JPL,
a) it all depends on your need
b) when you the equipment you listed you better have a damn good install and that includes a well made MDF board and good damping on all 5 doors and and anywhere else. Cars like the Santro and NHC are not as well built as cars like the Corsa and Skoda.
c) did you listen to Infinity and Polk? Why not? I'd suggest you listen to brands before you buy even if they are in dealer's showrooms or their customer's cars. Same goes for the sub.

Gunbir and B&T, CUT IT OUT!
Old 29th December 2006, 12:35   #4957
Senior - BHPian

JPL, like Navin said, with this kind of equipment, you had better get it installed really well. Which means you might have to pay a bit for the install also. I'm saying this again just to emphasise how important installation is going to be for this level of equipment.

The equipment you've mentioned is good. I haven't listened to the RF sub, so I can't comment on that.

Your damping budget may have to go up by twice what you have mentioned, depending on how it is going to sound once installed (and pushed hard). Santros will need quite a bit of damping.

If I remember right, this is a new Santro? If so, nothing wrong in going the whole hog now, so that you will enjoy the setup through the life of the car. Except that Santros are a little thin-skinned, nothing bad about them. For ICE effect, hatchbacks are always better than sedans. Now don't go upgrading your car for ICE alone, ok? :-)

Last edited by hydrashok : 29th December 2006 at 12:38.
Old 29th December 2006, 12:45   #4958
Team-BHP Support

I did not want to say this (I fear scaring people - like I used to do in the past) but properly damping a Santro/Getz/NHC would be about Rs. 5K. If I had to I'd get lesser speakers and do the damping right first. Opels, Skodas and many European cars do not require as much damping (doors, trunk and at most the roof).

determinus, you can always use shifting gears for info on Home Theater. It allows everyone to participate.
Old 29th December 2006, 12:55   #4959
GTS
BHPian

Thanks folks!

I had my audio system installed in the Baleno just yesterday. Awesome is the word!

Head Unit:
Alpine 9856 with remote

Front: 5.25" Compos from Polk db series
Rear: 6x9 Coax from Polk db series

No amp no sub. I dont think I'll ever want. The sound is as smooth as babies bums.

Had it installed at Soundworks. Absolutely top hole. Damn professional guys those. I would definitely recommend them for anyone who wants a quality installer.

Cheers pals.
GTS
Old 29th December 2006, 12:58   #4960
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
...and according to industry news both have filed for bankrupcy recently...
Please validate such claims with official sources not opinions from other forums. The Audio industry has more than it's share of rumours.
Old 29th December 2006, 13:22   #4961
JPL
BHPian

Hmmnnn...

Hi,

Thanks navin and Hydra, well I will be getting it installed at Sprocket (most probably), thanks to vid669, I went to that place and had the opportunity for a choice. I would really upgrade my car for ICE, you know its a old dream of mine..however I guess its left to me now to decide.

You guys have given me enough gyan for me to go and impress an installer.

I will get some pics of that Awesome place also, and of course my car.

Thanks again,

I hope to complete this ASAP.

-
JPL
Old 29th December 2006, 13:43   #4962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS View Post
I had my audio system installed in the Baleno just yesterday. Awesome is the word!

Head Unit:
Alpine 9856 with remote

Front: 5.25" Compos from Polk db series
Rear: 6x9 Coax from Polk db series

No amp no sub. I dont think I'll ever want. The sound is as smooth as babies bums.

Had it installed at Soundworks. Absolutely top hole. Damn professional guys those. I would definitely recommend them for anyone who wants a quality installer.

Cheers pals.
GTS
@GTS.. where is this soundworks ??
Old 29th December 2006, 14:01   #4963
GTS
BHPian

EL: Soundworks is near Dr Mohan's Diabetes Research Centre in Gopalapuram. Opposite the Centre on Conran Smith Road you can see a sign board saying: Soundworks Sony Authorised Installer. Follow the board, it should get you there. Contact Mr Jani (not Johnny) on his mobile: 9840131222. You could give him my reference.
Rgds
GTS

PS: Or call me on my mobile, I'll give you the exact location, I am not able to explain clearly :(
Old 29th December 2006, 14:07   #4964
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your setup, GTS! Nice to know you're happy with the sound and the install :-) Getting both right takes some doing.
Old 29th December 2006, 14:13   #4965
GTS
BHPian

Thanks Hydra, I know I will enjoy my drives more with the ICE-ed up Baleno. Without the help of such a rich knowledge bank and sound professionals in T-bhp, I could never have done it.

Thanks again wonderful folks.
Rgds
GTS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks