Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2006, 16:54   #4201
Senior - BHPian

the features listed for the MEX-R1 suggests that there is a aux in. so there should be no problem in installing my cassette player then, i guess. BTW, the esteem does feature a double din placement for the stereo. so no problems about where to stash the 2nd unit. now you know why i love the esteem. lol
Old 1st September 2006, 16:58   #4202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
the features listed for the MEX-R1 suggests that there is a aux in. so there should be no problem in installing my cassette player then, i guess. BTW, the esteem does feature a double din placement for the stereo. so no problems about where to stash the 2nd unit. now you know why i love the esteem. lol
Hmm, even I checked that up. It has a Aux-In, and right, you have the new Esteem. That's set then.
Old 1st September 2006, 17:11   #4203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
..since i have discarded my stock HU (Cassette Player), I find that my entire cassette library is being wasted.
Now I gt it and sure you can do this via the Aux in as suggested above but let me caution you.

a) it would be nice if you cassette unit has a line out.
b) when you are playing cassette set the cassette HU's level properly as too much level might damage the DVD HU. In fact if others are using the car I wold go so far as to remove or diable the cassette HU's volume knob and use a internal resistor to set the level.
c) and lastly once you ahve DVDs and CDs you might find you dont use cassettes as much.
Old 1st September 2006, 17:50   #4204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Now I gt it and sure you can do this via the Aux in as suggested above but let me caution you.

a) it would be nice if you cassette unit has a line out.
b) when you are playing cassette set the cassette HU's level properly as too much level might damage the DVD HU. In fact if others are using the car I wold go so far as to remove or diable the cassette HU's volume knob and use a internal resistor to set the level.
c) and lastly once you ahve DVDs and CDs you might find you dont use cassettes as much.
navin, thanks for the warning. i dont let anybody touch my car. the cassette HU is a standard Kenwood that came in esteems of the past.
point c. - Navin, i do have a large collection of CDs, but the cassettes that i bought during those romantic period (School/college days), where every rupee earned was spent on buying cassettes within 24hrs. even though i have the means right now to buy all the cds i want, the time & situations dont permit me to do so. not only that, all the scribblings made in those cassette covers and just looking at the cassettes & playing back those songs in that specific sequence brings back fond memories (the wife wouldn't like it, of course). lol
Old 1st September 2006, 20:14   #4205
BHPian

But B&T and navin,how will he power his cassette HU?
Old 2nd September 2006, 11:47   #4206
Team-BHP Support

same way he powers his DVD. The cassete player will be just that. it wont be connected to amps or speakers. The DVD will turn on the amp will will be like a reciever in a home audio system.
Old 2nd September 2006, 15:59   #4207
BHPian

oh....u mean he has to connect his HU+DVD with power,ground wires etc.wires??
There r many others wires too but i dont think all should be connected.

Which wires r to be connected and which not to be??

Remeber Navin, i asked u same question before installing my ICE.I will go ahead if i can get a good branded cassette hu for good price.
Old 2nd September 2006, 22:51   #4208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
same way he powers his DVD. The cassete player will be just that. it wont be connected to amps or speakers. The DVD will turn on the amp will will be like a reciever in a home audio system.
i am still not clear about powering the 2nd unit here. i suppose there are only one set of wires that come from the car to power a stereo. in that case, how do i power the 2nd unit.
Old 3rd September 2006, 22:16   #4209

Hi folks!

I am new around here and frankly, need quite a lot of help. After discussing with fellow team-BHPians, i went ahead and booked an accent GLE. Now, the dealer is clearly trying to rip me off and i have no intention of buying an audio system from him, so i want you guys to help me out here..

Here is a list of my requirements:
-> I listen to a variety of tunes and require clean bass and clear vocals. I also have a PSP which i would be connecting to the audio system every now and then via an AUX input. So, which HU do i go in for? Everyone around here is carzy about the Xplod (the cheapest one with AUX-in) but i wanna get your advise as well before buying anything...

-> I do not necessarily want a sub woofer but would help if i get one.. again, it is not mandatory to get one. Even suggesting good speakers with punchy bass will suffice... my budget for the whole affair (HU+speakers etc.) is between 10 to 15K. From what i have heard, i don think i can get a good sub for this price range but nevertheless wouldnt mind your opinions..

-> Also, where can i get all of this done? (My place of residence is Bangalore)

-> Lastly, i prefer having a HU that supports Mp3 + WMA cd playback. Similar to portable MP3 players, is it in anyway possible for one to upgrade the firmware of an audio system to support future formats? And, is ATRAC3 format restricted to only Sony or do other makes also support them?

Thanks a ton guys!!! Any help is most welcome!
Old 3rd September 2006, 22:32   #4210
BHPian

Xplod is not the only brand around. Check out Pioneer/ Alpine/ Blaupunkt/ Kenwood for HUs.

For a max budget of 15K, it will be difficult to get a good sub. Go for good speakers and a decent HU. You can always add an amp and subwoofer later.

Plenty of places where you can buy stuff. Just look around on the forum and you will get to know where to buy.

As far as I know, ATRAC3 is Sony specific.
Old 4th September 2006, 00:20   #4211
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i am still not clear about powering the 2nd unit here. i suppose there are only one set of wires that come from the car to power a stereo. in that case, how do i power the 2nd unit.
It's quite simple really. Since you are using the cassette player only with a line out, you tape up the speaker wires (individually please), since you do not need to connect them anywhere.

That will then leave you with 3 power wires.
1. Yellow (occasionally orange) Always on wire
2. Red - ignition on wire
3. Black - earth/ground/negative wire

All 3 will be connected exactly where the DVD hu's same 3 wires are connected. As simple as that.
Old 4th September 2006, 10:45   #4212
Team-BHP Support

THe DVD HU and Cassette HU will be connected to the same soruce.

The amp will be activated by the DVD HU.

So if you turn your casette HU on and do NOT turn your DVD HU on you will hear nothing even as the tape plays.

and do as Simon (Sam) says tape up all wires that are not in use individually.
Old 4th September 2006, 10:57   #4213
Senior - BHPian

New Blau Hu is out , called Mumbai MP26 or so
Old 4th September 2006, 11:23   #4214
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
New Blau Hu is out , called Mumbai MP26 or so
At 7750 why do we get some cheap unit named after us! :-(
Old 4th September 2006, 11:28   #4215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At 7750 why do we get some cheap unit named after us! :-(
a question

how many of you would buy or even look at that HU. Seriously I wont. Dude my Hu is a Mumbai one frm blue point. yikes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks