Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2006, 15:50   #4261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
I guess they are a new range of AB class amps.
nothing on the audison site till now...let us see what gunbir have for us....
Old 6th September 2006, 15:53   #4262
Senior - BHPian

hows audiobahn A6004V
Old 6th September 2006, 16:07   #4263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Exactly. The power supply. Soul, most "high end" amplifiers will have an oversized power supply with output capability beyond whats need to put out the rated output. Compare a 100w x 4 Alpine and a 75w x 4 Audison and you will understand that rated power isnt everything.
Did some reading up, got the jist of what your saying. LBM... thanks for sourcing the pics!! Good on ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
As far as this amp is concerned, I would suggest you use this only for sub duty as I dont expect great SQ from it. But it would do a decent job of thumping around your sub. We are finally going to be in Bangalore last week of this month. Will check out your install then...
Agreed, when I first heard this amp it was powering speakers... did not distort at high volumes. but the SQ wasnt that great.

Good to know your coming to bangy!!

Last edited by s0uljah : 6th September 2006 at 16:09.
Old 6th September 2006, 16:27   #4264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
nothing on the audison site till now...let us see what gunbir have for us....
Here is a link... check it out while I upload the new brochure (22Mb)

http://www.audison.it/news_detail.as...ws=55&lang=eng

and

http://www.audison.it/news_detail.as...ws=48&lang=eng

Last edited by gunbir : 6th September 2006 at 16:29.
Old 6th September 2006, 17:01   #4265
Senior - BHPian

Audison LRx AB

These have just been launched... Here's the brochure

http://rapidshare.de/files/32140170/...t_Eng.pdf.html

As you will see, they are very powerful amps and the multi channels can also be driven down to 1ohm. eg. the LRx 4.1K, a 4ch amp, puts out 200w x2 (2ohms) + 350w x2 (1ohm).

They have also incorporated a lot of new design features that make it easier to install, cool and configure the amps. Due to an updated design and components, they are closer in sound to the VRx series. These are now in stock so if you want a demo, ask your dealer.

If anyone needs further information, please PM me your request for our LRx information CD.

Cheers
Old 6th September 2006, 17:16   #4266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I dont think the the 12" Sumoku subs I heard had class D amps but I did not ask Mr. Palesha that question. My attention was occupied by the BOOM and I was trying to figure out how much of that BOOM should be attributed to the install and how much to the subwoofer itself. The subs themselves were rigidly built and looked sturdy.

Like I said before Mr. Palesha did promise that he would introduce better sounding subs in the future and it could very well be that these are the subs you have heard. However I am very conservative in giving recomendations and in categorically rubbishing any product. I can recommend only those products where I have had CONSISTENT good expereince and Rubbish only those where I have had CONSISTENT bad expereince. Even so if you read my earlier posts you wil notice that I have not categorically rubbished Sumoku and have mentioned that the subs I heard were about a year old.

Also the second time I heard the Sumoku (Home Theater) subwoofers I had just come from a room that had Quads via a room that had a pair of Manger Zerobox 109. So every "BOOM" made me flinch more! :-)
I never acussed you of categorical rubbishing, and never even intended the same. My apologies if you felt so. All that I was trying to do is to isolate and dump aside other products (and obviously their BOOM factor!) from our discussions and focus on the concerned product instead (and may be other better ones), rather than diverting too much into the company itself, its founder etc.

Quote:
As far as VFM goes I'd rather invest the 10-11K in slightly larger speakers (Home audio) and for 11K one can get a 3K Sony 552 amp and a 8K JBL 12" box that might offer as good if not better sound.
Thanks for your valuable suggestions, not only this one but also for the combination mentioned in other thread.

However, I still have a question-
wouldn't it be wise to vouch for additional advantages of classD for the same money? As per my understanding, classD has inherent advantages of very high efficiency and damping factor as compared to conventional AB or A class. The only downside is THD. But it has evolved over time and any well designed classD should have acceptable THD figure. I think anything less than 1% should be considered quite good , and more so for subs since ears are more tolerant in that range. Anything below that should not have much of practical significance. Moreover, THD is amp only figure, generally specified (even for high end amps) when it is connected to a resistive load. But when it gets connected to actual speaker, damping factor also matters a lot since it is one of the important factor which determines accuracy of actual sound. Since it is relatively difficult to achieve for conventional amps, some subs use -ve feedback systems (servos). With classD, higher damping factor => tighter, faster bass from any given sub. exact value of THD should take a back seat as long as it is below acceptable limit.
Is my understanding correct?

As a matter of fact, many low to medium range systems have already adopted classD and high end is following the trend. While their high efficiency would reduce load on battery in case of cars and other battery operated applications, it makes sense even in home as it will make power supply design easier. Looks like in near future it may very well defy thumb rules like heavy amps = better quality, reduce size of big-3 wires in cars and nullify need of cooling fans, big heat sinks and external amps (there was a discussion in some thread about panasonic releasing high powerd head units!). Apart from "power" factor, high damping factor, phase accuracy shall take on the SQ challenge.

Quote:
Lastly almost everyone is using China as a manufacturing center so it is not the "made in China" label that affects my judgement but the quality of the engineering. I do believe that Mr. Palesha is interested in making better subs and speakers. After all it is men like him and Rajiv "Cream" Dsouza (Lithos), Anandya Mukherjee (Sonodyne), Shyam Bajaj (Norge), Prashant Damle (Pandam), Damodar and Manas Ratha (Peerless etc..) and their peers who will push audio to the Indian masses. Ajay Shirke (Cadence) and Sushil Anand (Nova) etc. cater to a much smaller audience.
"china" part was not at all directed towards you! It was for those who would make undue fun of chinese names by calling them tomatos and potatos and what not. And also for those who may not be aware of chinese components used inside their "branded" products. That said, I neither have any special attachment to these brands nor do I get hurt by the mockery

Quote:
I forget to mention our very own B&T, Sam K (when he is not cavorting with the ladies), Gunbir/JB (autophile), etc..
Definitely, I hope to learn from their knowledge and experience. In case they launch their own products I would be more than happy to be their potential customer

Last edited by santosh.s : 6th September 2006 at 17:20.
Old 6th September 2006, 18:15   #4267
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

i am looking to buy the new wagonr duo...

since maruti have made a lousy implementation of the 5th tyre... where do we place the back speakers.

i would need ur suggestions
Old 6th September 2006, 20:04   #4268
Senior - BHPian

I have a pio7650

My friend put the HU on while I was out of the car and he has somehow managed to engage some feature where every 5 seconds or so the screen inverts colours (black background blue lettering, becomes blue background and black lettering)

Highly irritating !! How can I fix it ?
Old 6th September 2006, 20:07   #4269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
I have a pio7650

My friend put the HU on while I was out of the car and he has somehow managed to engage some feature where every 5 seconds or so the screen inverts colours (black background blue lettering, becomes blue background and black lettering)

Highly irritating !! How can I fix it ?
go to entertainment and change the movie thingy
Old 6th September 2006, 21:37   #4270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
In case they launch their own products I would be more than happy to be their potential customer
When i launch my own product, it won't be about audio, it will be about sex. And i won't sell it on Team-BHP.

Till then, I have JBL. And I still say don't waste your money on JBL. Waste it on women and wine.

Don't get anyone wrong here santosh. This is about products and individual likes and dislikes. Not brands and countries.
Old 6th September 2006, 22:09   #4271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
go to entertainment and change the movie thingy
In the 7650... how ?
Will try tomorrow.
Old 7th September 2006, 00:28   #4272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
When i launch my own product, it won't be about audio, it will be about sex. And i won't sell it on Team-BHP.
Are you looking for some senior management? I could be the 'Operating' Officer, if you want.
Old 7th September 2006, 00:51   #4273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Are you looking for some senior management? I could be the 'Operating' Officer, if you want.
Or the travelling salesman!
Old 7th September 2006, 00:55   #4274
Team-BHP Support

I could fit in as senior. dont know about the mangement part. I cant even keep the ICE forum on an even keel! :-)
Old 7th September 2006, 08:32   #4275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Would be great for me to join as a management trainee.
Specialize in HR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks