Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2006, 21:15   #4396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon_bro
N

FYI, Iam planing to get a 4 channel JBL amp to power up the compoents and the ovals. And using my old Sony 222 amp to drive my 12" sub with ported enclosure.
Well, if you get an amplifier, it will have an electronic crossover (HPF) and you can use that, wont need anything else.
I would rather you use the 4 channel amp to power your fronts and your sub and the 222 can power the rear speakers.
Old 20th September 2006, 21:22   #4397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Well, if you get an amplifier, it will have an electronic crossover (HPF) and you can use that, wont need anything else.
I would rather you use the 4 channel amp to power your fronts and your sub and the 222 can power the rear speakers.
Will do that Sam. Suggestion on the amps too please, if its JBL which one and how much will it cost me. Hope JBL mates well with the infinity.

Also one last thing, I like tight bass without the boom. I prefer balanced non boomy low end sound and just give the right punch with the music and not scatter around with the a big boom. What I need to have to achieve this? Is it possible only if I have a mono block amp? or can I get what I want with the setup you suggested above, like having a 4 channel share the ovals and the sub.

Thanks.

Last edited by harmon_bro : 20th September 2006 at 21:27.
Old 20th September 2006, 23:24   #4398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Server Space=money you see.
Nobody's getting strict or anything LBM, I know you love the ICE forum more than everything else, help us make it better, thats all
OK sir I will help the TBHP to make it a better space.....
Old 20th September 2006, 23:28   #4399
Team-BHP Support

JBL and Infinity are soul mates. :-) I'd use the 75.4 if you can afford it since it will drive your sub better. till you get the amp you can use the bass blocker idea. I really think Alpine shot themselves in the foot by eliminating the HPF/LPFs (and the TA). It so much easier to set the cutoffs while sitting the car.
Old 20th September 2006, 23:33   #4400
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
.... I agree.. this is twice... and nothing is offtopic... "!
Arrey Dost I was only doing this to protect your thread from being hijacked. I would want it that way if it were me. This would give me time to work on the system without worrying if anyone is posting some hare-brained idea on the thread. You have Gunbir and JB in your corner. You are in good hands. No need to have other cooks spoiling your fun.

In the old days they used to say "One riot, One Texas Ranger". i think of ICE in a similar fashion. One Install, One Expert. Too many experts dont help much.
Old 20th September 2006, 23:37   #4401
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
OK sir I will help the TBHP to make it a better space.....
LBM, I love ICE as much as most of you. Damn, why else would I do this for free. I am a bloody Sindhi by brith and we dont do anything for free (or atleast we are not supposed to).
Old 21st September 2006, 09:33   #4402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
One Install, One Expert. Too many experts dont help much.
Very nicely put Sir !!

Quote:
we dont do anything for free (or atleast we are not supposed to).
heheh, there's the exception to the rule
Old 21st September 2006, 09:36   #4403
Senior - BHPian

ICE-log,

My install has still not happened after my hair-brained MDF enclosures thread but after some discussions I have kind of finalised the wiring/install with a person in bangalore.

Now im toying with altering the configuration of the setup a bit :
Disposing off the pioneer 6x9" thats currently installed, with the intention of getting a better set of speakers for rear fill.

Originally I planned to use the 606ce comps(which I have) for the front but after listening to a few cars I feel the 606ce would be a bit much in the small confines of the Santro. Im getting 5.25" comps for the front instead (MB Quart QM 215.03CX)

The 606ce could be put to use in the rear, but Im wondering what are alternate possibilities for rear fill (3-4k budget)

Navin sir has mentioned on more than one occasion that he is not fond of using components for the rear stage. Mixing of brands isnt going to work in my favour but im also working on a budget!!

So Im curious as to what you would recommend for a nice all round sound stage.

Last edited by s0uljah : 21st September 2006 at 09:53. Reason: Front+Rear to be powered by the Alpine f240
Old 21st September 2006, 15:59   #4404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Originally I planned to use the 606ce comps(which I have) for the front but after listening to a few cars I feel the 606ce would be a bit much in the small confines of the Santro. Im getting 5.25" comps for the front instead (MB Quart QM 215.03CX)

The 606ce could be put to use in the rear, but Im wondering what are alternate possibilities for rear fill (3-4k budget)

Navin sir has mentioned on more than one occasion that he is not fond of using components for the rear stage. Mixing of brands isnt going to work in my favour but im also working on a budget!!

So Im curious as to what you would recommend for a nice all round sound stage.
a) I did not say I am not fond of putting components in the rear. I use components in the rears of all 3 of my cars. I just feel that if you are on a budget you can save by using coax in the rear. when the budget permits it components are fine.

b) mixing and matchig brands is a bit of hit and miss. I have even mated a Vifa woofer to a Blaupunkt tweeter (my own crossover) with reasonable success. but like i said you have to be willing to experiment.

c) 6" in the front is better that 5" no matter which car 800 or Bentley. Most 6" produce more bass than 5" wofoers. and more bass means more of the image is moved up front.
Old 22nd September 2006, 18:47   #4405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
a) I did not say I am not fond of putting components in the rear. I use components in the rears of all 3 of my cars.
Aaargh,
how could I have not read that!! my apologies.

Quote:
c) 6" in the front is better that 5" no matter which car 800 or Bentley.
Heheh... bentley, 800. I get the picture.

Intention of putting the Quarts to use in the front is because Im driving (alone most of the time...)

what you have stated regarding the 6" vs 5" definately hold true. In my friends lancer the 5.25" in the front is kind of lacking. This whole idea came after i auditioned a 5.25" cervin vega in a santro. seemed just abotu adequate (though the setup is SPL type.. and the front comps are overpowered by the ported sub as the owner really cranks volums for thump).. I switched the sub off before checking out the fronts.
Old 24th September 2006, 21:22   #4406
BHPian

s0uljah, are you going in for a subwoofer?
Old 24th September 2006, 21:31   #4407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Intention of putting the Quarts to use in the front is because Im driving (alone most of the time...)

what you have stated regarding the 6" vs 5" definately hold true. In my friends lancer the 5.25" in the front is kind of lacking. This whole idea came after i auditioned a 5.25" cervin vega in a santro. seemed just abotu adequate (though the setup is SPL type.. and the front comps are overpowered by the ported sub as the owner really cranks volums for thump).. I switched the sub off before checking out the fronts.
Quarts are good, khambas are better.

Anyway, MB Quarts are great for electronic music, and most janta material, where the slightly forward sound is desired. I have a couple of friends who have the Q-Series comps, and they sound awesome with all kinds of music. But they aren't worth the 80k+ price that is asked for in India. About 20-25k at best. Knowing you, souljah, you'll have fun with either that or the Premium line comps.
Old 24th September 2006, 21:34   #4408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
.... I agree.. this is twice... and nothing is offtopic... install is in two days... YET locked!... Navfin I sure am confused - Interpretations of what is considered "valuable additions" seem to be a very fluid and covering the entire spectrum... Sure I will not ask why ... but sure would help if these so called 'reasons' can be made public... at least we'd know what to avoid! - Kind of like a continuously updated "DO-NOT-DO" list! ... You know .. somewhere a thread getting locked is vaguely insulting - IMHO

Sure must have pissed someone off... "Pichichi Syndrome"!

I'm sure you'll be a lot more relieved than this once your 'kb ka db' starts rocking!
Old 24th September 2006, 22:08   #4409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
s0uljah, are you going in for a subwoofer?
Vivek, yes. I have a JBL GT4-15" subbie.
To be driven by the thunder amp, whose guts were on display
Old 24th September 2006, 23:55   #4410
BHPian

sorry, i forgot about the sub you had bought. is it installed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks