Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2006, 14:45   #4381
BANNED

WOW!!! Sam made it. But that was the first name which flashed in my mind when I read GTO's pm.
Congrats man!! And any tips for us to make it there too??
Old 19th September 2006, 15:18   #4382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I'm going to assume the HU is a 9856R
http://www.alpine-europe.com/content...A-Receiver.htm

This HU as per info above does not have a built in Crossover (only the 9855R has one in the present line up). Hence any filtering requires a bass blocker or an amp. A bass blocker looks like this

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-C8F9EHI...sp?g=761&avf=N

but is simply 2 470uf electrolytic caps back to back. I would add a 1uf polyester cap in parallel with the back-back-cap combo to make the cap a little less harsh. Then "wrap" the whole contraption (2 470uf camps and 1 1uf poly cap) in heat shrink.

So
a) use the above bass bloxcker for the front speakers
b) set EQ to flat and see if everything sounds ok

then report. if you need more bass blocking we can use different caps. The GUrus (B&T, Sam, Gunbir, Etc..) can post what this camp looks like. I dont know how to post pics. LBM ofcourse will surely google everything there is to know about Bass Blockers in the next 30 secs! :-)
Hi Navin,

This is the model and the specification of the system that I have. I shal check the bass blocker out too. But before going for it I need to know if I can make the most of the settings that are available instead of adding more intermediate electronics getting in the way between the system and the speakers .

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/product...&lang=en&tab=F

Last edited by harmon_bro : 19th September 2006 at 15:21.
Old 19th September 2006, 16:15   #4383
Distinguished - BHPian

lol, when i saw it, i thought they made a mistake. I toh tdo masti all the time, nothing distinguished about that

Oh well, Thanks guys. Thank you for the congratulations and the support.

Speedzak, you want serious advice on how to get there?

Keep smiling, make your posts readable and happy and informative. Just being an active member of team-BHP is not enough, you have to love this forum and spend every day making it a better place. Then only after that you have the right to figure out how to get more XXX as LBM put it lol.

Now that's said - let's get back to the reason we are here. A-U-D-I-O

Harmon_bro, I checked with someone, it seems the BBE on your unit successfully ruins the sound rather than add to it.
Navin are you sure that there is no HPF on the alpine 9856? Its got a parametric eq and a provision to put the internal amplifier off.
Old 20th September 2006, 10:37   #4384
BHPian

Kudos Sam on getting distinguished... and your new avtar i think says it all.. boys move aside .. let the distinguished gentleman thru... :-)
Old 20th September 2006, 10:54   #4385
Senior - BHPian

congratulations Sam! Its not only you who is distinguished, I am sure if GTO comes up with such recognition for logos, yours will be 1st one to bag it
Old 20th September 2006, 11:15   #4386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph
Kudos Sam on getting distinguished... and your new avtar i think says it all.. boys move aside .. let the distinguished gentleman thru... :-)
yah re! the distinguished TBHPian squeezed btw two galz
Old 20th September 2006, 11:49   #4387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
lol, when i saw it, i thought they made a mistake. I toh tdo masti all the time, nothing distinguished about that

Oh well, Thanks guys. Thank you for the congratulations and the support.

Speedzak, you want serious advice on how to get there?

Keep smiling, make your posts readable and happy and informative. Just being an active member of team-BHP is not enough, you have to love this forum and spend every day making it a better place. Then only after that you have the right to figure out how to get more XXX as LBM put it lol.

Now that's said - let's get back to the reason we are here. A-U-D-I-O

Harmon_bro, I checked with someone, it seems the BBE on your unit successfully ruins the sound rather than add to it.
Navin are you sure that there is no HPF on the alpine 9856? Its got a parametric eq and a provision to put the internal amplifier off.
:((, I have the BBE option off all the time. I have read in a lot of other forums that the BBE settings does not help in anyway but give sad quality sound. More inputs please, help me :(
Old 20th September 2006, 12:01   #4388
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have not used the 9856 but as per the specs on the website they dont list a HPF/LPF. Sad huh?

Harmon, does the 9856 have HPF/LPF settings?
Old 20th September 2006, 12:03   #4389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and a provision to put the internal amplifier off.
Is it a commonly found feature or exclusive only for elite few? Do famous pio's provide this?
Old 20th September 2006, 12:35   #4390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
Is it a commonly found feature or exclusive only for elite few? Do famous pio's provide this?
Unfortunately, it is such a simple feature, but only very very few head units have it.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 20th September 2006 at 12:54.
Old 20th September 2006, 14:04   #4391
Senior - BHPian

sorry Sam Bhai and Navin Ji it is a bit Off topic but what is happing....seven threads closed.....never seen this type of strictness before....

Mods if u feel that this post is not correct you can delete it...

Old 20th September 2006, 15:03   #4392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
sorry Sam Bhai and Navin Ji it is a bit Off topic but what is happing....seven threads closed.....never seen this type of strictness before....

Mods if u feel that this post is not correct you can delete it...
Closure helps when you need to reopen a topic like was done for KB Da DB.

LBM, you keep track of the most innocous things! :-) BTW before I get PMed to death threads that are closed are closed for good reason.

I am not the only person authorised to close a thread so dont, I reapeat, dont ask me why/when/how/what etc.. you are however free to PM me if you would like the thread to be reopened as you have something valuable to add.
Old 20th September 2006, 15:05   #4393
Senior - BHPian

.... I agree.. this is twice... and nothing is offtopic... install is in two days... YET locked!... Navfin I sure am confused - Interpretations of what is considered "valuable additions" seem to be a very fluid and covering the entire spectrum... Sure I will not ask why ... but sure would help if these so called 'reasons' can be made public... at least we'd know what to avoid! - Kind of like a continuously updated "DO-NOT-DO" list! ... You know .. somewhere a thread getting locked is vaguely insulting - IMHO

Sure must have pissed someone off... "Pichichi Syndrome"!

Last edited by kb100 : 20th September 2006 at 15:15.
Old 20th September 2006, 19:48   #4394
Distinguished - BHPian

Arrey KB, what is so insulting, it is your thread. When you are ready with info and pictures all you need to do is send a PM. The lock is not to insult or prevent YOU, it is to prevent useless posts (and the good lord knows we all do that often)

No big changes, just pulling up our socks a little bit for the betterment of team-BHP and our beloved ICE forum. Server Space=money you see.
Nobody's getting strict or anything LBM, I know you love the ICE forum more than everything else, help us make it better, thats all
Old 20th September 2006, 20:51   #4395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I have not used the 9856 but as per the specs on the website they dont list a HPF/LPF. Sad huh?

Harmon, does the 9856 have HPF/LPF settings?
Navin,
I just checked the manual now. It does not have the HPF or the LPF settings. :( I guess they compromised them with the BBE board.

Any suggestions to compensate the non-existence of HPF?

FYI, Iam planing to get a 4 channel JBL amp to power up the compoents and the ovals. And using my old Sony 222 amp to drive my 12" sub with ported enclosure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks