Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2007, 23:05   #5881
Senior - BHPian

@kamy450,

All dealers try to get you to fit stuff from their place. And the usual excuse/threat is warranty. A bit of firm talking (and if needed a letter) should sort all that out. If installed properly with a vehicle-specific harness, no wires will need to be cut or spliced. Buying and fitting stuff from the dealer will:
a) Be more expensive
b) Limit your choice of equipment substantially
c) Make you (generally) have to pay for any minor tweaking/refitting
d) Cause the equipment to be installed by people with close to no experience in installing good equipment.

So, try and avoid an install at your dealers place. As a last resort, if your dealer agrees, buy stuff from outside and get the dealer to fit/install the stuff.

At your budget (and considering your requirement), I think you should leave the HU and stock speakers as they are (at least for the time being) and install an amp and a tube. You will not get anything in exchange for your stock speakers.

Sony basic 2-ch amp = Rs.3500/- max.
JBL CS1204T (12" bass tube) = Rs.6500/- max.
That's about 10K there. You can stop here if you want to.

If you can spare an additional 5K, I'd suggest you fit JBLCS2165c 2-way comps (5K max) in front and get a 4-ch Sony Amp (about 5K instead of the 2-ch Sony) and power the fronts and the tube. The total should get done in 15K.

Sony amps are not exactly the ideal choice, but in a tight budget, they'll get the job done.

If you can, change just the front and rear speakers now, wait for a while, get a Pio6200 or JBL CS60.4 amp, then wait a while and get a JBL Bass Tube. You'll end up with good equipment all around. If you still want more later, change the HU.

Long post. Phew!
Old 10th May 2007, 23:09   #5882
Senior - BHPian

got my car today - went to finalize the deal before the install. And...!

- 3500/- for efx scosche (spelling?) wiring if i need the amp!!!! (of course the amp's itself a recommended must-have with components etc - which I was pretty sure were from Hertz but have been strongly recommended other stuff now)

- 2500/- for the install. are these prices ok for a v good install ? including the mdf plank i.e.

Also. how's the polks compared to hertz ? A quick google on db6500 shows up awesome reviews along with hideous looking grilles. Those Hertz sure are plainer/saner !

Life's back to the confused state and i'm hoping this is over before I run into more options and 'discoveries' ... hydrashok and the other gurus must be pained with all the dilly dallying (and subsequent pm's) by now - and truth be told, i am too

oh well, i'd been warned about the slippery slopes of the ICE world ...
Old 10th May 2007, 23:16   #5883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Navin, I am waiting for your advise...should I go in for front speakers, and which one gives good bass? and where can I get an underseat subwoofer in Bangalore?
You already have a 6x9 which gives good bass. So why do you want front speakers also do the same? But having said that, you can get a JBL 637 for the front, hook it on the HU. Keep the tweeter, if they arent creating much issues.

If you have set the HPF flat on both the head unit and the amp, then the amp should do some kind of "boost" when you do that thing. You can also get a tube for 5k (Haan, that will be a good idea) and hook the amp to it. Run the 6x9 off the HU.
Old 10th May 2007, 23:20   #5884
Team-BHP Support

zenx you dont have to get the efx wiring their are cheaper alternatives. the JBL wiring kit or the auzzo wiring kit which is popular nowadays.

If youve decided on the hertz stick to them. they are good.

also where are you getting the installation done from?
Old 10th May 2007, 23:42   #5885
Senior - BHPian

@vid6639 - thanks will ask about those. How much cheaper ?
Am getting stuff done at Auto Fusion - (tho anwar is out of town) I guess they'll do a better job than other places - and seem to know their stuff.
Old 10th May 2007, 23:45   #5886
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
got my car today - went to finalize the deal before the install. And...!

- 3500/- for efx scosche (spelling?) wiring if i need the amp!!!! (of course the amp's itself a recommended must-have with components etc - which I was pretty sure were from Hertz but have been strongly recommended other stuff now)

- 2500/- for the install. are these prices ok for a v good install ? including the mdf plank i.e.

Also. how's the polks compared to hertz ? A quick google on db6500 shows up awesome reviews along with hideous looking grilles. Those Hertz sure are plainer/saner !
Not at all slippery. Hertz makes good sounding components, go for them.
Scosche efx cables are impressive. Be careful if you try and buy JBL cable, make sure you dont end up with the fake. The Auzzo is good VFM, not bad at all in quality. If they are considerably cheaper, go for that, otherwise scosche is fine.

2500/- including the plank sounds good. There, no slip-slip. All set go for it and let us know how it sounds.
Old 11th May 2007, 00:46   #5887
BHPian

Hey all. What would you suggest for Fiat Adventure. The rear speaker slots looks like they will take only 4". One of the dealer (next to Lalbagh in Bangalore) suggested to make a hole on the rear boot cover for 6x9 speakers.
Other Adventure owners, what do you have? Are you satisfied with your setup or would you suggest different setup?
Any suggested dealer/shop for doing the work in Bangalore (near Airport Road or Richmond Road)? Many questions, I know. Thanks a lot
Old 11th May 2007, 09:19   #5888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
.... Fiat Adventure. The rear speaker slots looks like they will take only 4". One of the dealer (next to Lalbagh in Bangalore) suggested to make a hole on the rear boot cover for 6x9 speakers.
Other Adventure owners, what do you have? Are you satisfied with your setup or would you suggest different setup?...
IMHO the rear boot cover would be a bit far away from the driver's ear to give good results. Esp. if you're not using an amp. Otherwise fitting the speakers there should be ok.

Is it possible to make a small parcel-tray like thing with MDF and support it where the 4" slots are? Its been some time since I've been in a Adventure so I don't remember how that area looks like. And if I remember right, there is a 2-stage folding parcel tray there already, right? Maybe this parcel tray can be reinforced (on its underside) with some MDF/Fibreglass so that you can mount the 6x9s on them.
Old 11th May 2007, 09:52   #5889
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Navin, I am waiting for your advise...should I go in for front speakers, and which one gives good bass? and where can I get an underseat subwoofer in Bangalore?
Front speakers will help but I thought you said you were happy with the sound. Does your car (800?) have pods in the dash or doors (the older 800s had speakers in the doors).

Dash pods accomodte 4" speakers and these will give your midrange and HF but little or no bass. For bass you need to move air so would have to consider larger speakers like 6" in the doors.
Old 11th May 2007, 09:56   #5890
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
You can take away about 3K from the total as exchange for the HU. Or you can keep the existing HU if you're OK with the sound. (It will have only 1 pre-out, so you will not be able to fad the sound between front and back from the HU, once you add a 4-ch amp).
if the amp has speaker level inputs (not just RCA) you can get a fader.
Old 11th May 2007, 10:16   #5891
Senior - BHPian

@Kamy: My friend also has an Aveo But he got his car without stereo(He didnt want the company stereo) He gota Pioneer HU & JBL componanats at front & is using stock Aveo speakers at back & is pretty happy with the out put

@navin, hydra: I have seen you guys quotung the Sony 552 at 3.5k & 554 at 5k, are you guys quoting grey prices ?? Am asking becaue the prices with bill & warranty are Rs.3,790/- for 552 & Rs.5,990/- for 554. I have myself bought the 554 at MRP which is almost 1k more than what you are quoting to people here.
Old 11th May 2007, 10:33   #5892
Team-BHP Support

My dealer charged my nephew 5K for his 554.
Old 11th May 2007, 10:35   #5893
Senior - BHPian

With B&W wow, Damn I pad MRP but it was just launched at that time so may be.

btw you allowed your nephew to get a Sony
Old 11th May 2007, 10:45   #5894
Team-BHP Support

I dont think my nephew got B&W (I know my, my brother got Bose speakers - strage family aren't we) but he is riding on my coat-talis so he fears nothing about his ICE.
Old 11th May 2007, 10:47   #5895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
I got original efx scosche wiring kit from sprocket in Hyd for 2.2K

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks