Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2007, 22:31   #5941
Senior - BHPian

hehe, thanks - all my guru-gyaan is borrwed material from the real gurus around here. All I can add is the dont-really-know-how-much-to-spend-on-audio perspective. I've decided I dont need a sub, after all! Good speakers (the JBLS, Hertz etc should be great) powered by even a basic amp do fine, if this includes decent 6x9s at the rear, for most average music tastes. If you enjoy music with lotsa base, or really love the lows - then the sub might be needed - but like you said you could decide on that later.
Unless you really need the USB/ipod connectivity, why spend too much more on the HU ? My take is the 5950 (or even the 4950) will play stuff as well, and you might as well spend that moolah elsewhere - damping, speakers, amp etc. Small improvements there will really add up.

Navin - I concur - too many of us musinfidels are starting to hit 30k, need to up the ante

Last edited by zenx : 17th May 2007 at 22:32.
Old 17th May 2007, 23:06   #5942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup View Post
Pio 7950
GTO 607c
CS3196 (6x9) Vs GTO937 (any tips?)
Sony 554
Scosche wiring & Dynamat damping

.....Ok, if anyone knows if its possible to put a sub under a seat in an NHC - would appreciate hearing from you. Or can I use 3 way comps up front and put the woofer under the seat ...

Sprocket says you can't bridge the output of a HU, ie. 50x4 will not become 100x2. Is that true? (sorry, newbie question).
Good setup. I'd back the GTO937 over the CS3196. The GTO sounds cleaner (at a higher price). And the GTO will go well (sound-wise) with the comps (also GTOs).

I doubt if you'd be able to get a sub under the front seat of an NHC. Why under the seat? Do you have major space issues in the boot? An NHC has ooooooodles of space back there, right?

3-way comps in an NHC would be tough without major butchery of the door or some expensive fiberwork. And like I said, I don't think a sub will go under the seat -- not worth the expense anyway.

Yep. You can't bridge the output of a HU.
Old 17th May 2007, 23:16   #5943
BHPian

Navin: thanks for that post, I think its time you introduced a 35k option too .[/quote]

you need 35k ..here it goes, which is going to be my config by Sat.

Pioneer 5990IB 9000
JBL GTO 937 4990
JBL GTO 607 6500
JBL 4-12 Sub 4990
JBL 75.4amp 12990
Wiring 2200
Sealed box 1500
Damping 5000 as per Navin
install 1000

JBLY'fed SANTRO ....
Equipment = 40000
but the happiness and enojyment = priceless ( master card)

me neither an Audio Guru
the real gurus are Hydrashock,LBM,Sam,&Navin

i'm getting it installed on Sat in Sprocket.
Old 17th May 2007, 23:54   #5944
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Navin - I concur - too many of us musinfidels are starting to hit 30k, need to up the ante
There are 3 reasons I stopped at 30K.

a) I did not want to sound to elitist but if there is a general consensus I will do this but please someone ping me on tuesday. I am building a new door and painting my wife's room over this weekend (it's gonna be a long weekend) as a belated mother's day gift.

b) Above 30K is where installation, damping, wires etc starting becoming a serious part of the equipment. Now that adds complexity as every car needs a different level of damping (Corsas need less, NHCs need more, etc..)

c) Once one has a 30K+ budget one can get very good components and all of these components can be very good. Then it boils down to taste. Take a nut like me. I am not satifised untill I have opened and modified every component I use.

Last edited by navin : 17th May 2007 at 23:55.
Old 18th May 2007, 00:53   #5945
Senior - BHPian

@sam - do u know if the JBL distributors in Kolkata will be able to give me a demo of the 607c comps? I really would like to hear them myself before making any decisions.
Old 18th May 2007, 08:59   #5946
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
@sam - do u know if the JBL distributors in Kolkata will be able to give me a demo of the 607c comps? I really would like to hear them myself before making any decisions.
Sam is indisposed right now. By the time be manages to dis-entangle himself it will be Tuesday. So please be patient.
Old 18th May 2007, 10:38   #5947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shettysagar View Post
Hello,
I'm having an toyota corolla....
and i wanted to change the pannel of it. So can u please tell me which one can i go for, since in corolla we require a dual din pannel.
Cheers
Its not necessary to install a double din just because the space is large. Go for double din only if you really need cassettes, or an in-dash changer, or a unit with a 2 Din sized screen or something. You can buy a dash kit that allows any aftermarket single (or double) din stereo to be installed in place of the factory head unit.
Old 18th May 2007, 11:36   #5948
BHPian

Is it possible to install 3-way components in the Santro door, like Hydrashok has done in his Palio? Mine is a ZipPlus, 2002 model, with central locking & power windows. I am exploring this option as stock in-dash location for midrange has a baffle issue & also A-pillar mounting of tweeter separates it from the midrange by about a foot.
Old 18th May 2007, 11:41   #5949
Senior - BHPian

Have a look here you might get some Ideas......

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu..._makker-6.html
Old 18th May 2007, 12:51   #5950
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
...I am exploring this option as stock in-dash location for midrange has a baffle issue & also A-pillar mounting of tweeter separates it from the midrange by about a foot.
The midrange and tweeter should be as close together. Maybe with your door closed the door might offer a better option.
Old 18th May 2007, 14:04   #5951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The midrange and tweeter should be as close together. Maybe with your door closed the door might offer a better option.
You mean midbass & tweeter in door & midrange in dash - with the tweeter mounted at approximately the same height as & close to the midrange?
Old 18th May 2007, 14:24   #5952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Quote:
You mean midbass & tweeter in door & midrange in dash - with the tweeter mounted at approximately the same height as & close to the midrange?
I think this should work. As Navin suggested, if you fit the midrange in the stock location (in the dash) and install the tweeter on the door in such a way that it is close to the midrange you'll have a good install. If you're going for the ESKs, the tweeters come with an angled install kit, with an option of 2 angles foe optimum aiming. Installing the tweeters on the door with this kit should get the imaging right too.

I don't think the stock location is that bad for the midrange. It is not meant to give any bass notes at all, so the rear wave should not be a problem/should not interfere with the sound, right?
Old 18th May 2007, 14:37   #5953
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yes but i suggested to look at which location of the tweeter makes it closer to the mid.
Old 18th May 2007, 14:47   #5954
BHPian

Clear, thanks. Now I have to check whether tweeter installation in door at that height is going to foul anything.
Old 18th May 2007, 15:13   #5955
Senior - BHPian

Going OT, it seems this thread has an attachment but am unable to see which post has it & what is the attachment about. Anybody knows ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks