Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2006, 15:08   #4336
Senior - BHPian

gunbir
Quote:
I get your point. And I also get what others are trying to say to you. Santosh, take no offence with others here, they're just being defensive about this forum. That goes for you too Audiofanatic. That just shows you how much they love being here.
thanks gunbir for the understanding.

yep, cheers santosh.
Old 13th September 2006, 15:27   #4337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
2. If I ever seem biased let me know. I try my best not to be. I hope I can continue in that vein. A biased Mod is the last thing this forum needs.
Navin I think I speak for nearly all people who frequent the ICE section, YOU are the most non-biased person on the whole forum. In the small time that I've been reading your posts you've never come across as anything but balanced. Please keep doing the fabulous job that you've doing in the ICE section.

P.S. And if we ever percieve you as biased rest assured there are many of us who'll be ready to inform you about it.
Old 13th September 2006, 15:52   #4338
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys let's get back to what this thread was originally meant for (dicussing ICE), one query for you all.

My friend has a Swift with the following setup:

Alpine 9830
Blaupunkt Components Front & Rear
Velocity VRT 6.5" Bass Tube
Sony 554 Amp (Driving the front comps & Bass tube)
Sony 502 Amp (Driving the rear comps)

Now the problem is he's been having a problem with the Bass Tube & it's already blown twice. So the dealer is willing to exchange it for another woofer/bass tube.

So I suggested him to get a 12" JBL GT-4 and get a sealed box made for it. But the problem we faced was what about the amp?? So I asked him to look around and he found a Blaupunkt PA275 amp lying with the dealer which he's now in the process of buying in exchange of the 502.

Now the dealer has confused him by also offering him a Bass Box by Blaupunkt . I think it's this one:

http://www.blaupunkt.com/uk/7606097003_main.asp

Specs are:

The surface mounted IC 4600 2-way component loudspeaker with 120 watts max power, a frequency range of 40 - 25,000 Hz and blue PP membrane.

2-way box
Diameter 100 mm
High power handling capacity of 120 watts
RMS power 40 watts
High sound pressure level of 91 dB (2.83 V/m)
High-quality Blaupunkt PP membrane in blue

Now my question is should he buy the bass box or get a sealed box for the JBL? Mind you the Bass box is going to cost him around 8k where as the woofer with the box, install & cables is going to be around 6k max. Woofer is without B&W for 3.3k rest for Box, install, cables etc. (Box will be made by a dealer's of Gunbir)

So guys what do you think JBL or Blaupunkt? Goal is SQ not SPL.
Old 13th September 2006, 15:54   #4339
BHPian

omg,
like navin i also had 2-3 'holidays' and saw this mess on tbhp which poor navin had to do the clean up job.
Good that everythign is fine now.

We all should respect him and best way to do that is by not letting our emotions & tempers fly high.
Old 13th September 2006, 15:57   #4340
Senior - BHPian

woofer all the way not to this blau bass boxes they will do no justice...

also they are no bass boxes they are just smaller brother of pioneer 2150........lol

the person selling is just clearing up his old stock....

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 13th September 2006 at 15:59.
Old 13th September 2006, 16:56   #4341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofanatic
Any one here believe in the beneficial effects
of Lysergic acid diethylamide ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
No, but I would like to think that there would be several associated with tetrahydrocannabinol.
Albert Hoffman celebrated his centennial birthday!! Yeah, 100years, see a connection?? I dont know... Just simply stating the facts.

B&T, your right about TetraHydroCannibinol aka delta9... for starters there's a pharmaceuticals company thats gotten wise about the herb and have a product in the market called Sativex. I think its used for treating neuropathic pain and stuff like arthirits....Go Green Party ?
Old 13th September 2006, 17:29   #4342
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Alpine 9830
Blaupunkt Components Front & Rear
Velocity VRT 6.5" Bass Tube
Sony 554 Amp (Driving the front comps & Bass tube)
Sony 502 Amp (Driving the rear comps)

Now the problem is he's been having a problem with the Bass Tube & it's already blown twice. So the dealer is willing to exchange it for another woofer/bass tube...So I asked him to look around and he found a Blaupunkt PA275 amp lying with the dealer which he's now in the process of buying in exchange of the 502.
In my opinion the JBL 4-12 is better than the IC4600. The 275 bridged is a better sub amp than 2 channels of the 554 bridged. I would say your friend would be very happy with a GT4-12 in a custom box driven by the 275 (briged). let him use the 554 for front and rear.

BTW I use the VRT 6.5 tube and never blown them what was your friend doing? this distortion would have been hint to turn it down!
Old 13th September 2006, 17:37   #4343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my opinion the JBL 4-12 is better than the IC4600. The 275 bridged is a better sub amp than 2 channels of the 554 bridged. I would say your friend would be very happy with a GT4-12 in a custom box driven by the 275 (briged). let him use the 554 for front and rear.

BTW I use the VRT 6.5 tube and never blown them what was your friend doing? this distortion would have been hint to turn it down!
Yup, Ishaan, go for the JBL sub with thw 275. I would also advise your friend to look into his power cabling for proper distribution of power among his amps.

Navinji, most people (that doesnt include you) who use the VRT6.5 overdrive / clip it to death. They try to get big bass from the poor 6.5" driver...
Old 13th September 2006, 18:52   #4344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Yup, Ishaan, go for the JBL sub with thw 275.
Thank you the 275 & JBL it is then!! And yeah I was planning on asking him to use the 554 for the front's & rear's.

Quote:
Quote:
Navinji, most people (that doesnt include you) who use the VRT6.5 overdrive / clip it to death. They try to get big bass from the poor 6.5" driver...
Navin/Gunbir - I too use the same & have had it for the past 2 years nearly & I too have had no issues. I've no idea how he went through 2 of them in 4 months!!

Quote:
I would also advise your friend to look into his power cabling for proper distribution of power among his amps.
Yup, as I told you on the phone that is also on the cards once we begin the installation!!

Last edited by iraghava : 13th September 2006 at 18:54.
Old 13th September 2006, 18:54   #4345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my opinion the JBL 4-12 is better than the IC4600.
There is no comparison whatsoever between the JBL GT4 and the Blau IC4600 like LBM said.

The JBL is a sub, and the Blau is a 2-way enclosed speaker with a 4" mid driver and tweeter!

If a sub is needed, I can't even understand how the IC4600 pops up?!?
Old 13th September 2006, 18:59   #4346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
There is no comparison whatsoever between the JBL GT4 and the Blau IC4600 like LBM said.

The JBL is a sub, and the Blau is a 2-way enclosed speaker with a 4" mid driver and tweeter!

If a sub is needed, I can't even understand how the IC4600 pops up?!?
No idea sir, the box was suggested to my friend by the dealer & hence the question!
Old 14th September 2006, 11:37   #4347

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Albert Hoffman celebrated his centennial birthday!! Yeah, 100years, see a connection?? I dont know... Just simply stating the facts.

B&T, your right about TetraHydroCannibinol aka delta9... for starters there's a pharmaceuticals company thats gotten wise about the herb and have a product in the market called Sativex. I think its used for treating neuropathic pain and stuff like arthirits....Go Green Party ?
Thats some useful info there... available at a chemist in india ??
i wish they did the same with hoffman's invention
Sandoz laboratories did produce it for a few years before the lawmakers/polititions took over... they inlay card actually suggested that the doctors try it themselves before prescribing it
Old 14th September 2006, 12:30   #4348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofanatic
hoffman's invention
can this related to Hoffman`s Iron law .....

Low-frequency capability, box size, and efficiency form the three key aspects of system design. To increase any of the three, you have to give up something from the other two, with box size being the most sensitive.
Old 14th September 2006, 13:16   #4349
BHPian

Port tuning is also vital in case of a bass reflex box, right?
Old 14th September 2006, 14:00   #4350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Port tuning is also vital in case of a bass reflex box, right?
very true....lenght and the diameter of the port are the variables in this.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks