Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2007, 16:11   #5026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

What front speaker do you have? If it's a 4" 80Hz is not too bad. If you have anything larger than that (the speaker, not you literally ), then that's a very bad frequency response. Get a new one! On a serious note, not very practical to add another crossover, unless its like a bass blocker. But 80 Hz is ok, just live with it till you get an amp with variable crossover frequency.
Hey thanks B&T..YOu did clear my doubts bout that non-fading stuuff....It had got me confused man...Cause nowhere out in this forum do they speak about non fading output...
Did try using the non-fading level...but some bass does creep in at the rear spkrs when i fade fully to the front..its ok..can live with that..
.reduced the gain too...Its perfect now...Thnaks a lot al of you`l
By the way B&T...My front speakers are JBL GTO427`s...35watts rms...
Old 5th January 2007, 16:28   #5027
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
... I drive a santro xing... Would I need to damp rear doors as well...?
I would need good damping on the :
  • Front doors:
  • Boot
  • Number plate
front doors: dynamat extreme or equivalent
rear doors: nothing or at best dynamat basic or equivalent
trunk: lot os damping esp with a sub.
number plate: same as trunk.

basically if anything vibrates damp it. even the subwoofer box should not vibrate.
Old 5th January 2007, 16:33   #5028
BHPian

Sub Box has been doen great by JB/gunmans team with silicon gel and some dynamat i think... santro doors are thin and are quite a pain to damp...I think a majority of teh effort will need to be put there... I dont think I have any damping in the trunk..
Old 5th January 2007, 18:09   #5029
Senior - BHPian

sk456, I think front doors and trunk should do it, mostly. The trunk and hatch-lid (and the number-plate assembly) will need a whole lot of damping. I've seen some Santros with subs in the back, and the hatch-lid rattles like crazy after a while.

The front doors will also need to be damped decently to get the most out of your ESk163s. The rear doors may not need damping.

The best way is to suffer one visit to the installer for damping the front doors and the hatch. Then play it by ear, and damp the rear doors (and if needed, the C-pillar and maybe the roof) later if you do get rattles.

Believe me, a damped car in itself is one hell of an upgrade to your ICE. Don't feel that the money will be wasted. It won't be. I did feel a bit that way a few weeks back. But now I'm a believer.
Old 5th January 2007, 18:28   #5030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
Hey thanks B&T..YOu did clear my doubts bout that non-fading stuuff....It had got me confused man...Cause nowhere out in this forum do they speak about non fading output...
Did try using the non-fading level...but some bass does creep in at the rear spkrs when i fade fully to the front..its ok..can live with that..
.reduced the gain too...Its perfect now...Thnaks a lot al of you`l
By the way B&T...My front speakers are JBL GTO427`s...35watts rms...
You're welcome. That's the least I could do for someone who is my 'gaanv-waala', I suppose.

I didn't understand what you mean when you say bass is creeping into the rear speakers when you fade full front. I suspect that your fronts and rears are in reverse polarity with respect to each other, or atleast one of the 4 speakers is in opposite polarity with the other 3. Only then can this happen. But it's strange that it's so obvious to you considering your fronts are 4"ers and they hardly play enough lower bass to cause obvious cancellation.

Please check the wires running to the speakers and to the amp. Make sure +ve speaker terminals are connected to the positive lines on the cables for all speakers. If it is correctly wired, then wire one pair of speakers in reverse polarity, i.e. +ve of the speaker to the negative of the amp. For this you have to switch the +/- on the amp alone. Don't change it on the speaker too, or you'll end up with correct polarity again. And I recommend doing it at the amp since the wires running to the speakers must have differently sized terminations.

4" speakers dont play much under 70-80Hz. Especially the basic car audio drivers. And if they say anything under that, they're just kiddin ya. I think you should be ok with the crossover at 80 Hz, although I would prefer it to be 100-125 cycles.
Old 5th January 2007, 19:14   #5031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
4" speakers dont play much under 70-80Hz. Especially the basic car audio drivers. And if they say anything under that, they're just kiddin ya. I think you should be ok with the crossover at 80 Hz, although I would prefer it to be 100-125 cycles.
Must be the polarity...wil check...The front polarity is fine...i installed them myself....WIl check the rears...
And set my HU at 80 hz...Everythin perrrfect..!!!
Old 5th January 2007, 22:32   #5032
JPL
BHPian

Iam Back

Hi Every1,

Mods, Congrats on the 5k posts. I have @last installed the audio in my car. Please find the tech specs giv1 below.

1. Alpine 9857 HU (awesome display)
2. JBL CS 60.4
3. JBL 300.1
4. JBL 4'' two way co-ax in the front.
5. Blau 6x9 in the rear
6. JBL 1204 BR box sub
7. RCA- Pyle
8. Power cable -Pyle

The total came to 51k

Thanks to all and hydra, I had to sell my p910i and nokia 9820 also..just so that I have anough money to install this in one go and I still have around 30 k left. So to post the pics I will put some new bats in the digi cam.

I like the sound..I played unforgiven on full volume and there is no distortion..at all

Will post pics soon..please comment..any comments are welcome..iam always ready to improvise...

--JPL
Old 5th January 2007, 23:42   #5033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
sk456, I think front doors and trunk should do it, mostly. The trunk and hatch-lid (and the number-plate assembly) will need a whole lot of damping. I've seen some Santros with subs in the back, and the hatch-lid rattles like crazy after a while.

The front doors will also need to be damped decently to get the most out of your ESk163s. The rear doors may not need damping.

The best way is to suffer one visit to the installer for damping the front doors and the hatch. Then play it by ear, and damp the rear doors (and if needed, the C-pillar and maybe the roof) later if you do get rattles.

Believe me, a damped car in itself is one hell of an upgrade to your ICE. Don't feel that the money will be wasted. It won't be. I did feel a bit that way a few weeks back. But now I'm a believer.
I now this sounds lame but...whats a "C pillar"??
Old 5th January 2007, 23:51   #5034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post

Thanks to all and hydra, I had to sell my p910i and nokia 9820 also.
Wow, so these stupid ICE guys got you to sell both your mobiles? All for sound?

What a success!!
Old 5th January 2007, 23:56   #5035
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Every1,

Mods, Congrats on the 5k posts. I have @last installed the audio in my car. Please find the tech specs giv1 below.

The total came to 51k

Thanks to all and hydra, I had to sell my p910i and nokia 9820 also..just so that I have anough money to install this in one go and I still have around 30 k left. So to post the pics I will put some new bats in the digi cam.

I like the sound..I played unforgiven on full volume and there is no distortion..at all

Will post pics soon..please comment..any comments are welcome..iam always ready to improvise...

--JPL
That's a nice and BIG spending you have done dude!! Congrats on getting your car ICED!!

2 phones sold??? Don't tell me you are using a 1100 for now!!

We will wait to see your pics. But please, we are always in a hurry!!
Old 6th January 2007, 00:03   #5036
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
I now this sounds lame but...whats a "C pillar"??
An A pillar is where the roof meets the dashboard. B in between the 2 side windows and C where the roof meets the parcel shelf in the rear.

Or for more details go here
Old 6th January 2007, 01:01   #5037
elf
BANNED

Quote:
... I had to sell my p910i and nokia 9820 also...
So Sam, what'll you give me for my heavily abused N9500? And for about 300 slightly used wind-proof lighters? And roughly 530,584,214 cigarette butts, one A & one C pillar from my Lancer? I have fine old ear wax also if you like... Methinks with all that, I should be able to reproduce JPL's JBL system.

And you better give me a good deal, else I'll just have to go to somebody who will, sayyyy gunbir or ajay...

Last edited by elf : 6th January 2007 at 01:03.
Old 6th January 2007, 01:17   #5038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
So Sam, what'll you give me for my heavily abused N9500? And for about 300 slightly used wind-proof lighters? And roughly 530,584,214 cigarette butts, one A & one C pillar from my Lancer? I have fine old ear wax also if you like... Methinks with all that, I should be able to reproduce JPL's JBL system.

And you better give me a good deal, else I'll just have to go to somebody who will, sayyyy gunbir or ajay...
Elf, for all that, I would give you a spanking................................new pair of TS20 tweeters OK wait, I had you at "spanking" didnt I?
Old 6th January 2007, 01:23   #5039
elf
BANNED

@gunbir: Nawww dude, you had me at "give you"...

So a pair of TS20 tutors for my fine old ear wax. SOLD to the gentleman with the lemons.

Ajay, your turn now... some nice bhaass from uffers made by ichiban pliss, maybe? I'll give you half my ciggie butts. The non-gunbir spanked ones...
Old 6th January 2007, 07:53   #5040
Senior - BHPian

[quote=JPL;349102
Thanks to all and hydra, I had to sell my p910i and nokia 9820 also..just so that I have anough money to install this in one go and I still have around 30 k left. [/quote]

Ahhhhhhh... Now you do have the ICE spirit (or Devil -- depending on how you look at it) in you :-) 30K left over? Hmmmmm...

You know, I change my Phone, Pocket PC & PC every 8-10 months. For the first time, I've hung on to the first two for over a year and 2 months and the third for 9 months now. All the upgrade money has gone to my ICE. Looks like ICE is taking precedence over my Gadget madness :-)

And JPL, your setup is all good. Money well spent. :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks