Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2006, 15:36   #4921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
You can contact RSJ by PM'ing him. And AFAIK he's located somewhere in Punjab.
You can PM RSJ (RSJaurr) by clicking here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/rsjaurr.html

He's based in Batala.
Old 26th December 2006, 21:08   #4922
BHPian

oh....thank god u guys still remember me!!
BTW i was busy with my in-laws this month and now they r gone back to states.

I do still have brand new infinty sub with me but its reference series and not kappa series.Door speakers were from kappa series.

Mr.determinus,at $79 this kappa subw is a steal as told by sam.If i was u i would bring 10 of these at this price and think of installing 'em later.
If u prefer SQ,then infinity sub is the way to go.
Old 26th December 2006, 21:50   #4923
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
RSJaurr is based in Batala.
So is Vinod Khanna. And our doctor also is just as handsome, if a cleft in the chin is your cup of Lassi. The sardarni chicks in Batala go wild with passion when he treats them for assorted illnesses.

Well, a reference sub is way below a Kappa Perfect. So like i said, go for it.
Old 26th December 2006, 22:38   #4924
Senior - BHPian

which is a good monoblock for a gto1204br encloxure sub? how good is the cs300.1 for this sub?
Old 26th December 2006, 22:53   #4925
Distinguished - BHPian

For the BR (Bass reflex) the CS300.1 or the GTO301.1 will do nicely.
Old 26th December 2006, 23:05   #4926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
So is Vinod Khanna. And our doctor also is just as handsome, if a cleft in the chin is your cup of Lassi. The sardarni chicks in Batala go wild with passion when he treats them for assorted illnesses.
Maybe I should have studied medicine...
Old 27th December 2006, 09:36   #4927
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Maybe I should have studied medicine...
or acting....
Old 27th December 2006, 12:18   #4928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if a cleft in the chin is your cup of Lassi.
Sam no self-respecting punjabi man is going to have his Lassi in a cup!! It's always a Glass of Lassi & a big one at that
Old 27th December 2006, 12:19   #4929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
I do still have brand new infinity sub with me but its reference series and not kappa series. Door speakers were from kappa series. At $79 this kappa subw is a steal as told by sam. If u prefer SQ,then infinity sub is the way to go.
Thanks Hydra, Ishaan, RSJ, Navin and Sam for making my decision making easy. So Infinity Perfect 10.1 it is. One more query and I'll shut up on this

Navin (and other old schoolers), has there been any reviews/experience here about the Elemental Designs SQ subs? A DIY friend suggested I check them out (Along with Shiva).

A 10" ED SQ needs only 0.25-0.5 cuft sealed enclosure. They are rated damn high (like the Shiva). But at the same time, I think the surround is foam (also like Shiva). Foam surrounds may not be an issue in US/Europe, but me thinks, in the volatile climate conditions of India they may bite the dust. Is that a bad assumption?

SQ series from Elemental (edesignaudio.com) costs just $55.

So I dont mind picking an SQ from ED if you guys advise. I just hope I have enough space to get the 3 subs back. Not to mention the GTO 75.4 and/or the Alpine MRVs Navin recommended. As RSJ said, one could always find some car to install them :-)

DT
Old 27th December 2006, 12:23   #4930
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah, i know. I have a big thing for Punju women and Sardarnis you know. They really succeed in slowing my brain down. Sigh.

I keep imagining Doctor RSJs stethescope and it's exciting journey through paradise. Assuming you have a seperate steth for the women folk, doc, you can keep the other one.

All that rubbish said, here is a gentle nudge from one who needs to be a little distinguished.

This is an audio thread in a family forum...
Let's get back to audio gentlemen.... sigh...
Old 27th December 2006, 14:11   #4931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, i know. I have a big thing for Punju women and Sardarnis you know. They really succeed in slowing my brain down. Sigh.
I know what you mean bro... I have a big thing too...

@Determinus: my friend, just stay away from the ED stuff. The surround is treated foam in some cases, but thats not the reason I'm advising you against them.
Old 27th December 2006, 15:40   #4932
BHPian

Is it possible to set 2 HU's in a car

Hi,I have factory fitted Kenwood cassette player in my Baleno Altura and I have another Sony mp3 player with me.My father still prefer to listen his old cassettes,while I can't do without mp3.Is it possible to fix both units together in Baleno's 2 DIN slot,instead of investing in a double DIN HAU ?
Old 27th December 2006, 16:10   #4933
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
Navin (and other old schoolers), has there been any reviews/experience here about the Elemental Designs SQ subs? A DIY friend suggested I check them out (Along with Shiva).

So I dont mind picking an SQ from ED if you guys advise. I just hope I have enough space to get the 3 subs back. Not to mention the GTO 75.4 and/or the Alpine MRVs Navin recommended. As RSJ said, one could always find some car to install them :-)
I have not heard ED subs so cat say. Shiva however are quite respected. I have a friend who has 6 Brahama subs doing sub duty for his home theater.
Old 27th December 2006, 17:11   #4934
BHPian

As usual,Sam at his best!!!!Thts why even after
Fortunately i do have some interesting stories to tell but unfortunately cant do it here.

But with stetho in my hand i just dont think anyhting other than what i am doing though that may change once stetho is one table

BTW Vinod khanna is not based in Batala rather Batala falls under Gurdaspur district which is his constituency.But during elections Batala is under Amritsar from where Mr.Navjot Sidhu is current MP.So our is quite high-profile area!!!!
Quote:
me too.....but thats for everyone...lol
Old 27th December 2006, 22:17   #4935
Senior - BHPian

I now have a new sub in my car. it is the jbl gto 1204br connected to a cs300.1 amp. here comes the question. can i bridge my amp to 4 ohms? Question No. 2 is 2 ohms better or 4 ohms?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks