Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2007, 12:53   #5056
Team-BHP Support

few doubts I had before going ahead with the install. This is for a friends Viva. The planned setup is:

HU: pio 6850
front: JBL GTO607
Rear: JBL GTO527
Amp: JBL CS60.4
Sub: CS1204B or just the GT4-12 sub in a custom enclosure.

Now the rear fills in the Viva can only take 5.25". Anwar wants to build a custom fiberglass enclosure for these and mount them over the stock locations. he says they will sound better. Should i go ahead with this?

The plan is to have the front compos and the sub be driven by the amp. Anwar said the amp will trip as the amp cant handle the sub and the compos. I aksed Sam and he said it will be fine so going with Sam on this.

Which sub should i pick up? Let Anwar build an enclosure for the gt4-12 or pick up the cs-1204B?

After a few months the plan is to have a monoblock for the sub and let the 4 channel power all the speakers.

Currently I feel that the rear fills will get drowned out as they will run off the HU. how do i workaround this?
Old 9th January 2007, 13:06   #5057
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Now the rear fills in the Viva can only take 5.25". Anwar wants to build a custom fiberglass enclosure for these and mount them over the stock locations. he says they will sound better. Should i go ahead with this?
I suggest you stick with the stock locations. No need for extra fibre work if you're sticking with the 5.25s. Anwar normally raises them and angles it to the front. I don't think it's much necessary in your case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
The plan is to have the front compos and the sub be driven by the amp. Anwar said the amp will trip as the amp cant handle the sub and the compos. I aksed Sam and he said it will be fine so going with Sam on this.
Sam is correct.
Quote:
Which sub should i pick up? Let Anwar build an enclosure for the gt4-12 or pick up the cs-1204B?
Gt4-12
Quote:
Currently I feel that the rear fills will get drowned out as they will run off the HU. how do i workaround this?
Don't worry too much about this. It is supposed to be just rear fills. Right? Let it go drowned a bit. If you don't like it that way, then you can try using the fader or play with the front channel gains in amp.
Old 9th January 2007, 13:46   #5058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I remember sam mentioning in one of the threads that CS1204B is a GT4-12 sub rebadged as CS series. So, go for CS1204B.
Old 9th January 2007, 14:58   #5059

The price for Alpine CDA-9856 in India is Rs 19500/-.......
Thanks
Old 9th January 2007, 17:47   #5060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipul.Sharma View Post
Thanks
You are most welcome...

Old 9th January 2007, 20:23   #5061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
aadix; could you post the model nos

i think they cost from 14k up
hey hi,

dunno the exact model no..think it was some 5000 or something..

will find out the exact model no and post it soon..
Old 10th January 2007, 16:01   #5062
VCM

Price Of 9856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipul.Sharma View Post
Thanks
I'm not sure of price of 9856. But i recently got 9857, along with Ipod interface for ~17000. (Ofcourse Grey). And i think, 9856 is lot cheaper than 9857.
Old 10th January 2007, 17:32   #5063

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCM View Post
I'm not sure of price of 9856. But i recently got 9857, along with Ipod interface for ~17000. (Ofcourse Grey). And i think, 9856 is lot cheaper than 9857.
I called up the marketing office of Alpine in New Delhi.....They told me the official price of this one in India.......may be u can get some discount from dealer/distributor........
Old 10th January 2007, 20:45   #5064
BHPian

I have just bought a
Pio 5850 = 7k
sony xplod(500 watt) = 4,500k
1000watts JBL 12" Bass Tube = 6k(wit 1yr warranty)
oval pioneer speaker boxed.
and wiring of boss...
but i miss the thump outside the car...
and i know i need to get fromt speakers....
plz suggest with the same......................
is the pricing ok....
Old 10th January 2007, 23:29   #5065
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH-WINS View Post
I have just bought a
Pio 5850 = 7k
sony xplod(500 watt) = 4,500k
1000watts JBL 12" Bass Tube = 6k(wit 1yr warranty)
oval pioneer speaker boxed.
and wiring of boss...
but i miss the thump outside the car...
and i know i need to get fromt speakers....
plz suggest with the same......................
is the pricing ok....
I suggest you spend some quality time reading different ICE setups here on the forum. You'll understand that ICE means In Car Entertainment, not Outside Car Entertainment.

First of all, the things which have gone into a car are not very good. Boss wiring, Sony amp (I assume that's what you mean by XPLOD) and Pioneer speakers etc... Well, some of them are ok.
I dunno if the amp powers the speakers too. I think it does because, the Sony amp you have cannot be bridged to work on single channel. It means 2channels could've been bridged to power the Basstube and other 2 channels to power the rear speakers. This is what normal installers and car accessories shop guys do.
This is not the best thing to do. The tube can be fed with better power and it can BOOM more better.

You haven't mentioned what car you have done this in. So, can't make out how things are placed and where. But, I think it's a hatchback (Ovals in boxes).

Front speakers are not going to increase any thump outside the car. So, no benefit for you getting it fitted.

And the prices you have mentioned is ok. I think the 12" Bass tube actually costs a bit more.!!!
But as you have already bought these stuff and installed it, what difference will knowing the price do?

Welcome to Team-BHP ICE section.
AND BOOM RESPONSIBLY!!!!

Last edited by speedzak : 10th January 2007 at 23:30.
Old 10th January 2007, 23:52   #5066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I suggest you spend some quality time reading different ICE setups here on the forum. You'll understand that ICE means In Car Entertainment, not Outside Car Entertainment.Welcome to Team-BHP ICE section.
Hey zak attack dont scare away the newbies man..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
AND BOOM RESPONSIBLY!!!!
I agree.........
Old 11th January 2007, 00:08   #5067
Senior - BHPian

exactly, zak. were you so 'educated' before you came to this forum ?? please consider others' choices & learn to respect them. no offense meant, but if he wants the thump outside his car, so be it, dont assume anything, i am sure sam will have an answer for that.
Old 11th January 2007, 00:52   #5068
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

A friend of mine is getting Maruti Alto and he want to setup ICE. so i am posting on behalf of him and His budget is 15-20K.

I told him that right now you get good Hu, front and rear speaker and later when you have money left than add amp and sub. What do you say guys ?

Head Unit - Pioneer 6850 Or ??
Front - Compos ? Jbl ?
Rear - Coaxials or 6x9 ? Which brand ?

Let your suggestion flow asap because he is getting car on 15th.

Mugen.
Old 11th January 2007, 01:00   #5069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Guys,

A friend of mine is getting Maruti Alto and he want to setup ICE. so i am posting on behalf of him and His budget is 15-20K.

I told him that right now you get good Hu, front and rear speaker and later when you have money left than add amp and sub. What do you say guys ?

Head Unit - Pioneer 6850 Or ??
Front - Compos ? Jbl ?
Rear - Coaxials or 6x9 ? Which brand ?

Let your suggestion flow asap because he is getting car on 15th.

Mugen.

the 6850 is a great headunit but i believe pioneer has a new line up for 2007 suggest he check those out.

tell him to listen to JBL, alpine, blaunpankt and hertz if possible and get what sounds best to his ears.

components up front would be great 5.25 inch or 6 inch with slight modification would fit if he can afford them.try to get coaxials for the rear of the same brand as the speakers in front.if hes definitly going to be adding a sub in the near future he can save some money and buy 6 inch speakers for the rear instead of ovals (6X9).

he should be able to get this done within 20k.
head unit - 9
front components - 6
rear coaxials - 3

total 18k without installation.

later when he adds and amp and sub make sure he also investss in good cables.

Rev
Old 11th January 2007, 01:08   #5070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
tell him to listen to JBL, alpine, blaunpankt and hertz if possible and get what sounds best to his ears.
He should have to went Bombay to listen all these brands.

Mugen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks