Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2014, 12:26   #12556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyanknauni View Post
... I think i will use Olx for the installed speakers and will try to find some lower rms ones ...
"Olx"???

Get a pair of decent components in front (not Sony or Pioneer, but Infinity, JBL, Bull, Morel etc.) - will cost you ~5K. If you are on a strict budget, that is the first thing you should do. Add the amp later. Let the rear door coaxials be - if they are cracking, Fade to front a bit.
Old 10th July 2014, 22:08   #12557
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Guys need some help.

My Beat has a Pioneer HU with a pair of Pioneer speakers at the front and a pair of Pioneer 6x9s on the rear shelf.

The thing is that the rear speakers start cracking at even medium volumes in some songs while cracking always happens while listening to high bass music.

I had played around with the equalizer settings to attain a good enough output for my ears but a relative of mine changed the settings much to my dismay.

So can someone please help me what settings should I use to avoid the cracking noise. I have noticed that it reduces if I fade music to the front speakers at +4 setting or more.

I listen to all sorts of music, i.e. Bollywood, English, Punjabi, etc.

I just want the sound clarity to be clear at medium to slightly high volumes
Old 11th July 2014, 11:08   #12558
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
I had played around with the equalizer settings to attain a good enough output for my ears but a relative of mine changed the settings much to my dismay.
It might be that the speakers have gotten old and the surround has disintegrated. Your best option then would be new speakers. There used to be a time when they could repair such problems but most of those guys (in Mumbai at least) are not around anymore.
Old 11th July 2014, 11:21   #12559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
avoid the cracking noise.
Is it actually a cracking noise or some kind of distortion? Check you speakers for any physical damage on the cone or surrounds. More imp, check for any object stuck in between the cone and the speaker grill which makes the vibrating sound, hope enough clearance is there between them another reason for sound when the surround/cone touches the grill. If there is no physical sign, I dont see other any reason for sound than the desired behaviour of that speaker, adjusting \ reducing the low freqs in Eq may help.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 11th July 2014 at 11:22.
Old 15th July 2014, 15:53   #12560
BHPian

Was running the following setup:

HU - Pioneer FH-X759BT 2DIN HU
AMP - JBL GTS-S644 800W 4-channel
FRONT - JBL GTO-609C 6" 2-way component System
REAR - JBL GTO-949, 400W 6x9 CoAxial Full Range Speakers - MDFBox mounted

Looking for a High End 1DIN HU with BT, USB, 6ch pre-amp outs etc. Will replace the 2DIN X759BT which has been sold.

Brands/Models to look for?
Old 16th July 2014, 17:02   #12561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
... Looking for a High End 1DIN HU with BT, USB, 6ch pre-amp outs etc. ...
Look for a Kenwood 8016BT. Has all that you want. Should cost 12-14K.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 23:59   #12562
BHPian

Quote:
Brands/Models to look for?
Another option for an audiophile grade entry level HU is Pioneer 80PRS which comes in the same price range. Its widely accepted option as an affordable audiophile grade HU. Both has a slight different sound signature and pairing with proper matching speakers is a must to get the best out of them.
Old 17th July 2014, 09:36   #12563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Look for a Kenwood 8016BT. Has all that you want. Should cost 12-14K.
Based on my limited checking around yesterday, did not find this 8016 model.

On the Kenwood India site U7056BT is listed with 3x4v pre-outs.

The accessories shop fella recommended the Pioneer x8650BT. Seems roughly similar on a cursory reading of specs online, but much cheaper.

Your thoughts?

Added: Friend suggested connecting the speakers in "3-way system" since i will now have 3 pre-outs. What in blazes is that?

Last edited by COUGAR : 17th July 2014 at 09:59. Reason: Added PS
Old 17th July 2014, 10:40   #12564
BHPian

Quote:
I sourced my 8016 from purplekart.in
http://www.purplekart.in/Products/ca...d-3064219.aspx .

Trust me you will love it. Pioneer and Kenwood both have different sound signature to the best of my knowledge.
linuxmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 11:08   #12565
BHPian

Quote:
Pioneer x8650BT.
If you are looking in the range of 8650BT, I dont see any need for changing the existing HU, you may not feel any difference other than the size.

Quote:
Friend suggested connecting the speakers in "3-way system" since i will now have 3 pre-outs. What in blazes is that?
I would have asked the friend himself what he meant by that and the reason for recommending it.
Old 17th July 2014, 11:12   #12566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
If you are looking in the range of 8650BT, I dont see any need for changing the existing HU, you may not feel any difference other than the size.
Looking at doing better while going to the 1DIN setup. So looking for the best in the 15-20 range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
I would have asked the friend himself what he meant by that and the reason for recommending it.
Something about wiring it for Highs-Mids-Lows. Most of it went everest ke height se bouncer!
Old 17th July 2014, 11:19   #12567
BHPian

Quote:
the best in the 15-20 range.
go for Pioneer 80PRS handsdown, nothing comes closer in that price range.

Quote:
Something about wiring it for Highs-Mids-Lows.
Listen to a proper 3way setup and decide, most imp, get ready to keep a good balance in your credit card. If you are so interested in a 3way system, even in a later stage, better stick to an HU which is capable of doing active setup, like I mentioned 80PRS.
Old 17th July 2014, 14:52   #12568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

On the Kenwood India site U7056BT is listed with 3x4v pre-outs. ...
Ask around, you may find one. Otherwise, even 7056 is way better than Pio.

Quote:
Added: Friend suggested connecting the speakers in "3-way system" since i will now have 3 pre-outs. What in blazes is that?
The Pre-outs are Front, Rear and Sub. Better have a simple system that will get you off and running ASAP, rather than compromising objectives by trying something you have never tried before. Very few installers know about 3-way components, and decent 3-ways cost twice that of 2-way components.
Old 18th July 2014, 10:27   #12569
BHPian

What are the things to look for when selecting a head unit? Number of pre-outs, their volts (2.5/4v)? Can we make a quick check-list? Will be very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Better have a simple system that will get you off and running ASAP, rather than compromising objectives by trying something you have never tried before. Very few installers know about 3-way components, and decent 3-ways cost twice that of 2-way components.
Gotcha! TWICE the cost? ok no way then!

Would be interesting to read up though as a theoretical exercise!
Old 18th July 2014, 14:36   #12570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What are the things to look for when selecting a head unit? Number of pre-outs, their volts (2.5/4v)? ...
Most important is auditioning - hearing it and checking features and facilities.

Number of Pre-outs matter when one is using a sub. The voltage doesn't matter really, since all amps provide a gain knob to adapt to the HU Pre-out voltage.

What matters is the presence of the features one wants. And the quality of sound.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks