Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2014, 16:08   #12571
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Gurus, Need advice on HU for Ford Figo. I have tried searching our Forum, but not able to find a single reference of someone having changed their HU in Figo.

I was looking at Blaupunkt San Diego 530, but not sure if it would be right fit. Need your help guys.
Old 21st July 2014, 18:18   #12572
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
... I was looking at Blaupunkt San Diego 530, but not sure if it would be right fit. ...
Any standard 2DIN HU will fit in a Ford Figo - nothing special about mounting.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 21:53   #12573
BHPian

Reposting my query from the other thread

"Okay need help again. I drive a Chevrolet Beat and just fitted a new CNG tank. Had to say goodbye to the rear parcel shelf along with the pair of Pioneer 6x9s that I had.

So now I am left with a Pioneer HU and a pair of 4 inch speakers mounted at the front.

Chevrolet has provided slots for rear speakers and these can accommodate 4x6 size. What options do I have in this size? I have only heard of Polk Audio db461.

Would it be possible to fit 4 inch speakers at the back? Need suggestions for good quality speakers that wouldn't be too expensive. I don't mind if I don't get a loud thump or anything, but need good SQ at medium to fairly high volumes."
Old 28th July 2014, 00:15   #12574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
Based on my limited checking around yesterday, did not find this 8016 model.

The accessories shop fella recommended the Pioneer x8650BT. Seems roughly similar on a cursory reading of specs online, but much cheaper.
Hi,

can you please let me know at what price were you getting the Pioneer X8650BT ?

I'm looking to upgrade the head unit for my Punto and have been eyeing this model, along with the JVC R80BT.
Old 4th August 2014, 22:57   #12575
BHPian

Hi,

I just got a 2008 Hyundai Accent hatchback here in US. The stock HU plays only CDs and no aux or MP3.
I have already got a Pioneer MVH-X360BT as a replacement.
I am looking for expert advice on improving the sound quality. Since the space is at premium, I might have to forego the sub option.
I look forward to opinion on speaker change. The budget would be under $150/Rs.10000.
The configuration is 6 speakers.
Please help.

Regards

Himanshu
Old 5th August 2014, 15:56   #12576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhardwhu View Post
... I look forward to opinion on speaker change. The budget would be under $150/Rs.10000. ...
Not sure of the speaker size in Accent hatchback - could be 5.25" or 6.5". Please find out the speaker size first. The '6 speakers' are actually a pair of components in front (4 speakers - 2 mid-bass in front doors, and 2 tweeters), and coaxials in rear doors (2 speakers).

Visit the nearest Fry's or Best Buy. They have a lot of speakers on audition. Look for Infinity, Polk, Boston Acoustics, etc. Listen to them critically, some will be quite shrill or 'bright' for you. Look up prices online for the models that you like, and buy online if the prices are cheaper.

Not difficult to do DIY fitting of speakers. If the size you bought is right, it will be a drop-in replacement in the OE location. You only have to know how to open the doorpads. The tweeters of the components would be in sail panel, i.e. inside of the ORVM mount.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 16:02   #12577
Senior - BHPian

So I was driving along happily, listening to Music in my car. My MP3 player was connected to the head unit through aux cable. I encountered a patch of traffic and I honked once. The music stopped, the head unit started to flash "Protect" repeatedly.

Turning off the HU and on again would not restore the normal screen, instead keep flashing "Protect". I went back home, disconnected the battery and connected back after 10 minutes. Head unit is back to normal.

I tried repeating the exact condition in which it gave me the error but its not showing up. All is well but I wanted to know what could have gone wrong?

Car : Palio
HU : Kenwood U6046
Amp: Boston Acoustics GT-2125
Horns : Bosch trumpet with relay
Old 5th August 2014, 17:10   #12578
BHPian

The Kenwood 8016BT has apparently been withdrawn. What is the followon in that series?
Old 5th August 2014, 17:38   #12579
BHPian

Quote:
The Kenwood 8016BT has apparently been withdrawn. What is the followon in that series?
No expert here, but as I had gone through the same phase, trying to help.

KDC-X994, is the renamed version of the same, http://www.crutchfield.com/S-J5sMcon...ml#details-tab do check the specs here, it matches exactly that of 8016BT.

If you find it hard to source the Kenwood and if your budget permits, you can explore Pioneer DEH-80PRS as well. Other options you have is Clarion CZ702A, I auditioned it in Evo Bangalore and it sounds good http://www.clarion.com/au/en/product...617399837.html.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Turning off the HU and on again would not restore the normal screen, instead keep flashing "Protect". I went back home, disconnected the battery and connected back after 10 minutes. Head unit is back to normal.

I tried repeating the exact condition in which it gave me the error but its not showing up. All is well but I wanted to know what could have gone wrong?

Car : Palio
HU : Kenwood U6046
Amp: Boston Acoustics GT-2125
I faced this issue with my 8016BT, when speaker cable was shorted by the installer. Identifying the issue and disconnecting and reconnecting the HU solved it. I remember reading in the manual somewhere that the protect mode is a feature in most Kenwood stereos to prevent accidental damage to the circuit/IC for whatever reasons. If it happened once it could be one of those Deja-vu moments for the HU, just ignore. If it happens again, time to visit the installer and start pulling out the cables .

Edit:- Here is one such discussion https://in.answers.yahoo.com/questio...3024012AANExPY .

Last edited by linuxmanju : 5th August 2014 at 17:46.
linuxmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 18:23   #12580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
No expert here, but as I had gone through the same phase, trying to help.

KDC-X994, is the renamed version of the same, http://www.crutchfield.com/S-J5sMcon...ml#details-tab do check the specs here, it matches exactly that of 8016BT.
Crutchfield shows X994 as discontinued too!
Old 5th August 2014, 18:39   #12581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
... KDC-X994, is the renamed version of the same ... it matches exactly that of 8016BT. ...
Quote:
Crutchfield shows X994 as discontinued too!
X994 predates 8016 slightly, and is the US version specifically - even though specs are same. I have X994 that I bought in US in 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
... I honked once. The music stopped, the head unit started to flash "Protect" repeatedly. ...
By God, what a dangerous honk that must have been!

Whose relay is mounted in the horn circuit? What most likely would have happened is a very short duration over-voltage spike on the Bat line when the relay was energized and de-energized by the horn button. This would have raised the hackles of the Power Supply monitoring in the HU, taking it into Protect mode (simply, go to sleep and do nothing, safe from further damage - till power is cycled the next time). Rare happening. Cure is to have a reverse connected diode mounted across the coil of the horn relay (anode to +ive / horn button side, cathode to ground side).
DerAlte is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 19:03   #12582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Not sure of the speaker size in Accent hatchback - could be 5.25" or 6.5". Please find out the speaker size first. The '6 speakers' are actually a pair of components in front (4 speakers - 2 mid-bass in front doors, and 2 tweeters), and coaxials in rear doors (2 speakers).
t.
Thanks for the inputs.

The front door has 6-1/2" and has the the following options on Crutchfield:
1. Rockford Fosgate Prime R165-S
2. Sound Ordnance™ P-65C
3. Kicker 40CSS654
4. Polk Audio db651s
5. Sony XS-GT1638F

The rear door is 6"x8" 2-way speakers. The options are:

1. Sony XS-GT5738F
2. Kenwood KFC-C6865S
3. Kicker 41DSC684
4. Retrosound R-57N
5. Rockford Fosgate Prime R168X2
6. Polk Audio db571

Purely based on these choices, which ones are recommended. I don't look forward to have the sub and bass needs to be good and clarity of sound is needed.

Your inputs would be appreciated.

Regards

Himanshu
Old 6th August 2014, 07:22   #12583
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs.

The front door has 6-1/2" and has the the following options on Crutchfield:
2. Sound Ordnance™ P-65C
3. Kicker 40CSS654
4. Polk Audio db651s
5. Sony XS-GT1638F

The rear door is 6"x8" 2-way speakers. The options are:

1. Sony XS-GT5738F
2. Kenwood KFC-C6865S
3. Kicker 41DSC684
4. Retrosound R-57N
6. Polk Audio db571

Purely based on these choices, which ones are recommended. I don't look forward to have the sub and bass needs to be good and clarity of sound is needed.

Your inputs would be appreciated.

Regards

Himanshu

Hi Himanshu,

With the list provided by you my choice would always be either Polk Audio or Kicker. If you don't have any budget concerns blindly you can go for that. These two are the best among the list. Sony and Kenwood are entry level speakers which do not give clarity of music properly (Bass is very less and treble is too hard). Rockford Fosgate is also good but with bit lesser price. I too have RF speakers on my Ritz and the sound quality is good.
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 13:28   #12584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... The front door has 6-1/2" and has the the following options on Crutchfield:
2. Sound Ordnance™ P-65C
3. Kicker 40CSS654
4. Polk Audio db651s
5. Sony XS-GT1638F ...
In order of preference:
1. Rockford Fosgate
2. Polk Audio
3. Kicker

Quote:
... The rear door is 6"x8" 2-way speakers. The options are:

1. Sony XS-GT5738F
2. Kenwood KFC-C6865S
3. Kicker 41DSC684
4. Retrosound R-57N
6. Polk Audio db571 ...
Must be 6x9 which is a standard size, not 6x8. Again, in order of preference:
1. Rockford Fosgate
2. Polk Audio
3. Kicker

Even Kenwood 6x9 is not bad. Please do visit a store to audition the speakers. As I mentioned earlier, you will definitely not like the actual sound of at least 1 or 2 brands.
Old 6th August 2014, 14:42   #12585
BHPian

Any suggestions for a double DIN SQ HU around 15-20k? A couple of years ago Ajay (B&T) suggested JVC-R900BT that costs around 14k. Is this still the best SQ headunit under 15k? I am looking to replace the OEM unit of Duster. I want BT, TA along with *GOOD* SQ, but not worried about touchscreen, or DVD, or nav. Or should I hook up a DSP onto the OEM unit? Please advice!

Last edited by determinus : 6th August 2014 at 14:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks