Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2014, 12:01   #12601
BHPian

Re: 2 Din Stereo for Hyundai Getz

Quote:
Originally Posted by shweta345 View Post
Please let me know if any of the above are good or request you to please recommend me one which will go well with my other audio setup (mentioned above)
Go for either Sony or Pioneer. Both give good output, clear crisp sound IMO even at max volume.

Last edited by nishantdlv : 10th August 2014 at 12:02.
nishantdlv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2014, 13:08   #12602
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to confuse you Shweta , but I opine you will be better off with a single din - you will get a lot more for the same cash.

Double dins used to be the zing thing in the past when they used to have a CD and Cassette slots.

Today , a double din makes sense only if you want a touchscreen display and then add a reverse camera.

Kenwood would be my choice. You could actually check units out at retail shops before you decide.

Last edited by vigsom : 10th August 2014 at 13:09. Reason: addition
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2014, 13:32   #12603

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Sorry to confuse you Shweta , but I opine you will be better off with a single din - you will get a lot more for the same cash.

Double dins used to be the zing thing in the past when they used to have a CD and Cassette slots.

Today , a double din makes sense only if you want a touchscreen display and then add a reverse camera.

Kenwood would be my choice. You could actually check units out at retail shops before you decide.
Thank you vigsom. A lot of people says the same thing about double din. Evn if i go with single din BT, Do you have any specific model to recommend?
Old 10th August 2014, 13:39   #12604
BHPian

Quote:

Second that. Any specific reason why you're going for a double-din?
Many, including me feel the space left after fitting a single-din looks incomplete aesthetically. But practically, it saves almost half the money with the same features. And also a storage space for a 5'' cell phone and a slim remote!
nishantdlv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2014, 14:45   #12605

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantdlv View Post
Second that. Any specific reason why you're going for a double-din?
Many, including me feel the space left after fitting a single-din looks incomplete aesthetically. But practically, it saves almost half the money with the same features. And also a storage space for a 5'' cell phone and a slim remote!
Hehe Nishant you got a point there.. what unit do you recommend with all the good features + BT
Old 10th August 2014, 20:07   #12606
BHPian

Hi Shweta,

I just replaced my Hyundai Accent 2008 HU with a MVH-X360BT.

Its a media receiver and no CDs.

The sound quality has gone up considerably.

Hope that helps in the decision.

Himanshu
Old 10th August 2014, 22:47   #12607
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
Fruitless day checking a dozen stores listed in the NCR directory - Lajpat Nagar to Gurgaon! :( None of them had either of the models I was looking to audition: Pioneer 80PRS or the Kenwood 8016. Some of them said a unit could be arranged from somewhere else if i confirmed.

No chance of auditioning a new piece? Any stores in NCR I could check?
Check with Driven (East of Kailash) or Motor Concept (Kirti Nagar). Contact details for both can be found in the TBHP Delhi-NCR directory.
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 12:16   #12608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shweta345 View Post
Hehe Nishant you got a point there.. what unit do you recommend with all the good features + BT
You can have a check on the model MVH-X365BT. This is a single din HU but with all the features. If you are looking for a double din HU then go for some with Video playback and touch screen. The fetures of MVH-X365BT are available in http://pioneer-india.in/shop/mvh-x365bt/. In case you also want a disc player you can have a look at DEH-X4690BT.

Last edited by meetbadri : 11th August 2014 at 12:19. Reason: Adding another model.
Old 11th August 2014, 12:54   #12609
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantdlv View Post
Many, including me feel the space left after fitting a single-din looks incomplete aesthetically...And also a storage space for a 5'' cell phone and a slim remote!
Quote:
Today , a double din makes sense only if you want a touchscreen display and then add a reverse camera..
Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
You can have a check on the model MVH-X365BT. In case you also want a disc player you can have a look at DEH-X4690BT.
Single DINs do offer more features than most double DINs in the same price range. Today much of audio has moved away from CDs towards SD cards and iPods and some double DIN's offer you better browsing ability especially when you have 160GB of music (on an ipod) connected to your car.

However if you do not need the need for navigation or a reverse camera then a single DIN offers much better VFM. I would also consider the Kenwood 559. http://www.kenwood.com/india/car/receiver/kdc-u559bt/

I have not heard this particular model but the 7056 sounds good and I would assume the 559 would have the same sound.
Old 11th August 2014, 13:22   #12610
BHPian

Since your budget is 10K ,why dont you ask for more? Please see this
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/sony...plod-in/639855.
I think this is VFM.
Old 11th August 2014, 13:26   #12611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
+1 to this. I have a Getz, and wanted to put in a double DIN for a nice and flashy look. A friend convinced me otherwise, and now I have a tremendously useful cubbyhole below my single-DIN HU.

Unless a nice large touchscreen is a key requirement for you, consider single-DIN systems that are functionally equivalent.
Old 11th August 2014, 14:08   #12612
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhardwhu View Post
... pioneer HU MVH-X360BT, which has two rear output sockets marked as subwoofer output, can take a sub without any need for amp? ...
It is an output (frequency limited to about 120Hz) meant as inputs to an external amp - which will drive a subwoofer. It is a Pre-amplifier output which cannot deliver any significant power, unlike Speaker Output, which is driven by the internal amplifier. The internal amplifier delivers about 14-18W RMS. Subwoofers need upwards of 60W RMS to make any significant sound.

Quote:
... Does it help me get better sound quality with my stock speakers? ...
Does what help? Your question is unclear.

Quote:
... What kind of subs, if feasible in this configuration, should I look for? ...
None. Don't add a sub to your system without amplifying at least the front. It will be difficult to tune the subwoofer output with respect to the rest of the system.
Old 11th August 2014, 18:22   #12613
BHPian

Thanks DerAlte.

What kind of amp and speakers should I look at, if I want to change the stock?

Himanshu
Old 12th August 2014, 17:29   #12614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... What kind of amp and speakers should I look at, if I want to change the stock? ...
Speakers (components and coaxials): Infinity, Rockford Fosgate, Boston Acoustics, Polk

External amp: Kenwood, Infinity, RF, Alpine
Old 12th August 2014, 18:02   #12615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Speakers (components and coaxials): Infinity, Rockford Fosgate, Boston Acoustics, Polk

External amp: Kenwood, Infinity, RF, Alpine
Thanks once again.

Is there a specific output, in terms of Watts I believe, that I should be limiting myself to?

Himanshu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks