Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2020, 17:40   #14056
BANNED

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Is Polk Audio 6501 components at 8k a worthy buy ? I want reliable and balanced performance with service support if ever require for the next 4-5 years or so.
I had these speakers in my Swift and for a short while in my Creta too. I liked them, neither too loud nor meek. It was powered using Hertz HCP4.

Polk dB 6502 - components
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20170729_234401_copy_1600x900.jpg

Polk dB 652 - coaxials
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20170730_000536_copy_1600x900.jpg

Quote:
Another query is if i add an under-seat subwoofer with inbuilt amp, can it cause battery drain issues?
Shouldn't be an issue if not used for long on battery.

Last edited by a4anurag : 29th August 2020 at 17:46. Reason: Added images.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 18:28   #14057
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
if i add an under-seat subwoofer with inbuilt amp, can it cause battery drain issues?
1. Battery drain happens usually due to a non branded / knock off amp. In case you buy from a reputed manufacturer like Blaupunkt, JBL, Sony, RF the chances are very less.

2. The quality of install is also a major factor along with the wiring used for the same, it is always suggested to get the best and heavy gauge wiring to ensure safety and long running of all equipments.

3. May i ask Why you would want a under seat Sub , the quality of in-trunk woofer is always better and It is more durable in comparison, also you do not have to compensate for the leg room as opposed to an under seat amp. Here is a good article which can be of help https://destinationluxury.com/underseat/
NST440 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 19:51   #14058
BHPian

Hi all, I have a question regarding sound quality while using wireless CarPlay and android auto. Is it too much of a trade off for convenience and sound quality?
Old 9th September 2020, 13:10   #14059
kdp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Folks I have the following installed in my WagonR

80prs in standard mode
HAT Clarus 61-2 front doors
Audison Voce AVK6 rear doors
Kenwood Excelon XR900-5
Pioneer TSW1211D4 in ported enclosure

Now I have run a much cheaper setup in the past so I know I am right in saying that the bass does not feel accurate right now. It feels too loud and boomy and lingers on after the beat is finished. The sub feels very powerful however I feel as though I am hearing the bass too much rather than feeling it. It sounds too loose and not at all accurate. I have tried to fiddle around with the gain and lpf settings on the amp but that has just toned down the sub not resulted in any more accurate bass. Could the experts please help me out on this?

Thanks in advance
Ishaan
Hi Ishaan,

On the off-chance that your problem has not been resolved, my limited diagnosis is that the problem is with the woofer itself. I found the specs of the Pioneer TSW1211D4 / TS-w311D4 with some difficulty.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/S...nual092216.pdf

This driver has a fairly high resonant Frequency (fs= 43hz) and incredibly high Qts (1.05) -- which is not suitable a ported box under almost all circumstances.

This woofer will by definition have a natural rise in response at the resonant frequency and coupled with an improperly tuned box the problem is likely to be magnified.The result will be "one note bass" where one set of frequencies in hugely amplified and bringing that in line with the rest of the music would suppress most of the other bass notes.

While DSP can solve the problem (depending on the severity), a more practical approach may be to change the woofer. As a rule of thumb, look for a Qts of less than .5 for a ported enclousure, less than .7 for sealed. above .7 is best for infinite baffle or rear parcel shelf loading.

From whatever little I remember about ICE, the rest of your system is pretty much up there.

Last edited by kdp : 9th September 2020 at 13:13.
kdp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 14:01   #14060
BHPian

Folks, I am planning to upgrade the ICE on my Creta SX(O) which is all stock currently. I listen to geners like techno, house, rock & trance. My requirement is a good- punch & mid range and not to showoff my music to the external world. I am keen to install focal speakers and sub woofers after reading some really good reviews but confused on the amp

I am thinking of..

- Pioneer HU - DMH-Z6350BT
- all speakers coaxials- Flax Evo- PC165 FE
- Subwoofer- Focal
- Amp- ARC ? recommendations please
- wiring- Any good brand
- Dampening- need more suggestions

My budget is upto 1 Lakh with a little wiggle room to extend by another 20k. Looking forward for your recommendations.

Regards,
Sliverblaze
Old 10th September 2020, 14:49   #14061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
Folks, I am planning to upgrade the ICE on my Creta SX(O) which is all stock currently. I listen to geners like techno, house, rock & trance. My requirement is a good- punch & mid range and not to showoff my music to the external world. I am keen to install focal speakers and sub woofers after reading some really good reviews but confused on the amp

I am thinking of..

- Pioneer HU DMH-Z6350BT
- Subwoofer- Focal
- wiring- Any good brand

My budget is upto 1 Lakh with a little wiggle room to extend by another 20k. Looking forward for your recommendations.

Regards,
Sliverblaze

I think I am in similar situation regarding upgrading my ICE on Rapid. I have already done one stage that is :

Front : Rainbow DLC 6.2 Components
Rear: Morel Maximo Coaxial
Amp: JBL GX A604 4 channel amp.

I already had the amp so had to pay for speakers and installation. Total cost including wiring and installation was about 39k. Selected these speakers as amp is on bright side and I wanted a warm sound.

HU is Philadelphia 835 which I am going to upgrade to Pioneer HU DMH-Z6350BT. Wanted to ask you about this HU. Which city are you in and is it available? I am in Bangalore and the stock is not there. What's the quote that you have on this HU?

Thinking of unserseat subwoofer too as I do not want to eat up space in boot.
Old 10th September 2020, 14:53   #14062
BANNED

Quote:
I am thinking of..

- Pioneer HU - DMH-Z6350BT
- Subwoofer- Focal
- wiring- Any good brand
I'll suggest you to look at Components for the front and coaxial for the rear.

For speakers get a 4 channel amplifier or a 5 channel amplifier that will run both 4 speakers and subwoofers.

Please damp the 4 doors and boot lid.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 14:58   #14063
BHPian

Slight correction, I am looking for components for all 4 speakers.

I am from Bangalore too and looks like this is a recently launched product. It might take time to hit the distributers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
I think I am in similar situation regarding upgrading my ICE on Rapid. I have already done one stage that is :

Front : Rainbow DLC 6.2 Components
Rear: Morel Maximo Coaxial
Amp: JBL GX A604 4 channel amp.

I already had the amp so had to pay for speakers and installation. Total cost including wiring and installation was about 39k. Selected these speakers as amp is on bright side and I wanted a warm sound.

HU is Philadelphia 835 which I am going to upgrade to Pioneer HU DMH-Z6350BT. Wanted to ask you about this HU. Which city are you in and is it available? I am in Bangalore and the stock is not there. What's the quote that you have on this HU?

Thinking of unserseat subwoofer too as I do not want to eat up space in boot.

Last edited by silverblaze : 10th September 2020 at 15:02.
Old 10th September 2020, 16:29   #14064
BHPian

Quote:
Slight correction, I am looking for components for all 4 speakers.

I am from Bangalore too and looks like this is a recently launched product. It might take time to hit the distributers.

I am in touch with Two different installers and both are saying it come by 15th. They have installed already in few cars but right now out of stock. I have been quoted 40k.
raaj.bhalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 16:36   #14065
BANNED

Quote:
I have been quoted 40k.
Yes, that's the price being asked for that HU.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 16:52   #14066
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I have booked Ertiga ZXI and expecting delivery in another 1 month. I am thinking of upgrading the head-unit with a full android head unit. while browsing through, i did not find anyone with any android HU, so am very confused.

Please advice folks, which is the best android HU.
Old 10th September 2020, 19:33   #14067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
Hi Folks,

I have booked Ertiga ZXI and expecting delivery in another 1 month. I am thinking of upgrading the head-unit with a full android head unit. while browsing through, i did not find anyone with any android HU, so am very confused.

Please advice folks, which is the best android HU.

Android HUs are known for crappy audio quality. Better get a HU from Sony or Pioneer with Android Auto and Apple Carplay which will really enhance your experience. But primary being the sound quality. My two cents.
raaj.bhalla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 08:29   #14068
BHPian

Quote:
Android HUs are known for crappy audio quality. Better get a HU from Sony or Pioneer with Android Auto and Apple Carplay which will really enhance your experience. But primary being the sound quality. My two cents.
Thanks, but i am not interested in sound quality, more than happy with stock speakers. only that i needed an touch screen unit, as Ertiga ZXI doesn't come with touch screen.
Old 11th September 2020, 09:18   #14069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
Thanks, but i am not interested in sound quality, more than happy with stock speakers. only that i needed an touch screen unit, as Ertiga ZXI doesn't come with touch screen.

Try HUs from Hypersonic.
Old 11th September 2020, 09:24   #14070
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Having used an Android unit worth just INR 8000 & the Sony AX5000 worth more than INR 20000 both in my cars for a long time, I beg to differ a bit. The audio quality difference in the two is not noticeable at all. And certainly not worth the 12K extra that I had paid. Both are my owned units, so first hand experience. Of course there will be poorly made units too, but given the mass produced product dumping, most are identical & equally good.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks