Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2020, 12:21   #14026
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
1. In one of the cable harnesses provided in the box, there is a bunch which contains Aux in video and audio connectors. You will need a cable to convert stereo AV to the RCA pins.
Sorry Another question in addition to the above, There are 3 viz- Aux in L, Aux in R and Aux in CVBS.
I have an old unused Nokia cable type: CA-75U which has video and stereo. Can I use the same? It has 3 rings in the RCA pin. Will this transmit Video too?
Old 18th June 2020, 12:52   #14027
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Looks like mine is version 1
Sorry for back to back post. Edit time has elapsed. Mods please merge.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-d745109aa49945d897fff59b2197ab35.jpeg  

Old 18th June 2020, 21:31   #14028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Sorry Another question in addition to the above, There are 3 viz- Aux in L, Aux in R and Aux in CVBS.
I have an old unused Nokia cable type: CA-75U which has video and stereo. Can I use the same? It has 3 rings in the RCA pin. Will this transmit Video too?
I am not sure of the Nokia cable since I remember the Nokia phone I had came with a smaller pin and I have no idea about modern phones and AV output. Its been a long time, maybe five years ago that I used an Aux cable. But I feel you can use a generic 3.5mm to AV cable for your need.

Looks like you have version 1 which does not come with wireless carplay and same as one. As far as I know, it is not upgradeable. How I came to know: When I was making the purchase, BP India was running an offer where they would buy back the stock head unit and give discount of 5k. I wanted the New York mainly for wireless carplay and my other car needed a HU swap at the earliest. When I enquired about the head unit to their Mumbai office, they informed me that the offer was only applicable to the V1 which did not come with wireless carplay. Hence they were doing some sort of a clearance sale. I went ahead with the purchase since that was the most VFM head unit I could get, for as low as 17k with the wiring harness included. Hence I went ahead and purchased the head unit.
Old 21st June 2020, 14:30   #14029
Senior - BHPian

@audioholic I opened up the Stereo today to connect an Amazonbasics 2M USB3 extension cable. But the cable refused to work with 2 phones and 2 pen drives. Also the back USB post does not seem compatible with CarPlay nor with Android Auto.
Also there was no Aux port in the wiring harness at all. So of the 10 options in the home screen, 3 are not functional and 3 are just settings.
This is why I hate aftermarket modifications, too much work and expense getting the right fit.
Old 21st June 2020, 14:54   #14030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@audioholic
Also there was no Aux port in the wiring harness at all. So of the 10 options in the home screen, 3 are not functional and 3 are just settings. .
Unfortunately I have tried none of those options. The extension cables are still lying in the box and I have not connected the rear USB nor Aux in. Hence I am not sure of the functionality. But based on my experience with the Blaupunkt Monte Carlo which I have in my other car, only one USB port works for mobile phones while the other is meant for storage devices. I guess the same scheme works here as well, with the rear USB port meant for storage devices. But in that regard, I am wondering why you were not able to connect a pen drive there. That at least should have worked.
Old 21st June 2020, 15:12   #14031
BHPian

Hello everyone, I want to add more bass to the oem music system of honda city 4th gen.

Which is better between component speakers and underseat subwoofer? Do i need to install amplifier as well?

Any recommendations for installer in chandigarh?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Raghav96 : 21st June 2020 at 15:26.
Old 21st June 2020, 15:48   #14032
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav96 View Post
Which is better between component speakers and underseat subwoofer? Do i need to install amplifier as well?
For bass requirements, subwoofer is what will fulfill it. So get an active underseat subwoofer (amplifier included in the subwoofer enclosure). This will save space and costs too.

For overall sound quality, get a decent pair of component speakers like Rainbow Soundline series which is a complete 'plug and play' setup for Honda & Toyota cars. No wire splicing etc needed.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 16:07   #14033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
For bass requirements, subwoofer is what will fulfill it. So get an active underseat subwoofer (amplifier included in the subwoofer enclosure). This will save space and costs too. .
Thank you a4anurag for the reply. Any recommendation for active underseat subwoofer? And by plug and play set up, you mean no amplifier required, right?

Thanks.

Last edited by Raghav96 : 21st June 2020 at 16:17.
Old 2nd July 2020, 17:58   #14034
BHPian

Quote:
For bass requirements, subwoofer is what will fulfill it. So get an active underseat subwoofer (amplifier included in the subwoofer enclosure).
Hello sir, any review/comment on this?

Screenshot taken from amazon, I hope I am not breaking any rule.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-be9c7306f25140b8bf945ed4d655b1d4.png  

Old 2nd July 2020, 18:09   #14035
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav96 View Post
Hello sir, any review/comment on this?
It is a decent unit but please don't expect great bass out of it. Should do the job without any fuss and being JBL, will be reliable as well, provided the installation is done correctly. I got a chance to hear this in a Brezza where it was mounted under the driver's seat but I was on the rear seat so couldn't gauge the 'real bass' feel.

Do check if the warranty on the subwoofer is available if bought from Amazon. Do search for the same locally as well may work out cheaper plus warranty won't be an issue.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd July 2020 at 18:10.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 19:06   #14036
BHPian

Hi,

I am currently using an Android HU (you already know why I'm here) and I'm fed up of the very patchy sound quality I get. However, I like the large panel and crisp display.

Is there any head unit from Pioneer/Kenwood recommended?

My car is a Honda City 2016 and my requirements are:
  • Android Auto/Apple Car Play
  • Large Display (must be >= 8 inches)
  • Fluid interface and quick response
  • Capacitive Touch Screen with min 720p resolution

I have looked at Pioneer Z8290BT and Kenwood DMX820WXS. Pioneer is for Hyundai and Toyota and Kenwood is for Toyota, will they fit properly?

Your suggestions are required, help!!
Old 12th July 2020, 20:25   #14037
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by city2491 View Post
I have looked at Pioneer Z8290BT and Kenwood DMX820WXS. Pioneer is for Hyundai and Toyota and Kenwood is for Toyota, will they fit properly?
Have you checked out the Pioneer SDA-835TAB? This is an Android HU from Pioneer.

Other options I can think of are: Sony XAV-AX7000 & Sony XAV-AX8000.
Old 12th July 2020, 21:19   #14038
BHPian

Quote:
Have you checked out the Pioneer SDA-835TAB? This is an Android HU from Pioneer.

Other options I can think of are: Sony XAV-AX7000 & Sony XAV-AX8000.
Yes, my dealer even got it out to show me, I didn’t like the fact that it’s a floating display when the console of the city is already very large. Other than that, it’s quite slow like an android head unit, so rejected it.

I was given the option of either Pioneer 5290BT or Sony XAV AX7000, both are 7 inch. Upon research I found that the Sony has better 5V pre amp out per channel, rather than 4V on Pioneer.

Basic differences between the two are almost non existent, so inching towards Sony here, what are your thoughts?
Old 13th July 2020, 10:55   #14039

Sony india product page says that XAV-AX7000 has an in-built Class D amplifier capable of providing 4 x 100 W power. I believe it's a better buy among the two. Do check it out.
Old 13th July 2020, 11:26   #14040
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by city2491 View Post
was given the option of either Pioneer 5290BT or Sony XAV AX7000, both are 7 inches. Upon research, I found that the Sony has better 5V preamp out per channel, rather than 4V on Pioneer.
Sony may be better of the two but overall sales and service-related points, I feel Pioneer would be preferable.

Between the two Sony HU's I'll get the XAV-AX7000 as the display is capacitive whereas the XAV-AX8000 is resistive and a floating display kind of unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeln8 View Post
Sony India product page says that XAV-AX7000 has an in-built Class D amplifier capable of providing 4 x 100 W power.
100W x 4 is maximum amplifier power which doesn't hold any good to the user. What matters is the RMS which is rated at 45W x 4.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks