Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2020, 21:03   #13996
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
You can have a look at the specs here - http://in.jvc.com/car/av_receiver/kw_m740bt/

It has a resistive WVGA screen which is much better in touch, feel and resolution than the Sony HU. It has automatic 1.5A charging while connected to Android Auto.

Cheers...
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Did you also consider Pioneer AVH 5290? Your views on comparison between Sony XAV 5000, JVC 740 BT and Pioneer 5290?
Old 17th January 2020, 21:16   #13997
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Did you also consider Pioneer AVH 5290? Your views on comparison between Sony XAV 5000, JVC 740 BT and Pioneer 5290?
Yes, I considered the Pioneer also. It is a fantastic HU in it's own right with equivalent sound dac but it missed out on the 2nd usb port which was crucial for me because I needed to connect Android Auto for navigation as well as listen to my vast music collection on my USB drive, simultaneously. It was just for that that it dropped out of contention for me.

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 08:01   #13998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Yes, I considered the Pioneer also. It is a fantastic HU in it's own right with equivalent sound dac but it missed out on the 2nd usb port which was crucial for me because I needed to connect Android Auto for navigation as well as listen to my vast music collection on my USB drive, simultaneously. It was just for that that it dropped out of contention for me.

Cheers...
How is the performance of Android auto on this system? Does it work satisfactorily?
Old 21st January 2020, 08:16   #13999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
How is the performance of Android auto on this system? Does it work satisfactorily?
Quite good if not better than the Sony. You need a high quality USB cable for a trouble free experience.

Cheers...
Old 21st January 2020, 11:26   #14000
Senior - BHPian

I am facing an irritating issue with the ICE of my Civic.

I have Rainbow Soundline Components in the front and Dreamlines at the rear, all being powered by an Audison LRX 4.1 Amp. The front left speaker sometimes switches off when going over undulations and then comes back after sometime. Also if I tap the amp it comes back on.
The technicians at the store where I get the work done, says I need to get the amp serviced. That is a big challenge because getting these high end amps serviced. I though think it is an issue with the connection but not sure. Any place I can the amp serviced in Delhi NCR ?

Also I have changed the OEM speakers in my Duster to Focal Integration components in the front and coaxials in the rear. I am planning to add an amp and an underseat woofer. For the amp I don't want to pay much because the idea is to shift the Audison here later when I sell the Civic. What would be a good 4 channel amp which is not expensive. Amazon has some good offers for JBL but they are more SPL biased than SQ which is something I don't want.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 21st January 2020 at 11:43.
Old 21st January 2020, 13:46   #14001
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Also if I tap the amp it comes back on.
The technicians at the store where I get the work done, says I need to get the amp serviced.

For the amp I don't want to pay much because the idea is to shift the Audison here later when I sell the Civic.
I believe "Driven" was the dealer for Audison in the NCR region.

Both Kenwood and Pioneer make decent 4 channel amplifiers for entry-level systems.
Old 21st January 2020, 15:39   #14002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I believe "Driven" was the dealer for Audison in the NCR region.

Both Kenwood and Pioneer make decent 4 channel amplifiers for entry-level systems.
My work gets done from 'Driven' only
Old 2nd February 2020, 13:45   #14003
BHPian

Folks , need to get a teething problem sorted. I had replaced the HU of my duster with Pioneer Z5190bt. I had to install a harness adapter to maintain my steering controls. Then a strange problem cropped up. Randomly ,while i press my horn, the music either restarts or moves to next. Absolutely random occurence. I have changed my harness, changed my horn, installed a relay for my horn- still the issue persists . My setup: Alpine comps , Infinity coaxed, 4channel JBL gto amp + Rockford fosgate monoblock + ground zero sub. Any help is appreciated.
Old 11th March 2020, 01:27   #14004
BHPian

Apologies for a noob question!
For all modern cars with car warning sounds and and overspread warnings, are these sounds coming from both front speaker as well as tweeter or just the tweeter?
In case it's only the tweeter, how do we install an aftermarket component and retain the same OEM setup for warnings?
Does the car already come with a crossover and it's just a plug and play for new speaker and tweeter and thereby not requiring the additional crossover? In case the crossover is required, how do 2 different inputs go into the crossover?
Old 11th March 2020, 10:59   #14005
BHPian

Hi,
I am looking for stereo upgrade and so far I have narrowed down Sony XAV-AX3000 and Blaupunkt New York 750. I need Apple CarPlay preferably wireless.
Are there any other options available in market with wireless CarPlay under 25k?

I also found one in Pioneer but the user interface looked like 90s Winamp skin.
Old 1st April 2020, 01:16   #14006
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been reading all over the net to try to find an answer for 2 of my queries - didnt get any clear answers, so posting it here.

1. Whats the difference between a mid bass and mid range. On the net, it seems to say anything under 5 1/4 is a mid range and 6.5" woofer is mid bass. Is that the simplest answer? I also know both these have some differences in the frequencies they manage, though couldnt get a proper answer.

2. For an SQ 2 way install, would it suffice to have a tweeter, mid range and subwoofer than having a tweeter, midbass and then subwoofer? Is there too much difference in the frequencies managed by a subwoofer and the midbass?

Still learning a lot more in the ICE arena, please help.
Old 1st April 2020, 02:05   #14007
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
1. What's the difference between a mid-bass and mid-range.
Midbass should be the speaker that covers the frequency range just above the subwoofer and the midrange is what covers between the midbass and tweeter range.

Midbass is generally a 6.5" speaker installed on the doors whereas a midrange is mostly seen in a "3-way" install where it is placed in the A-pillar or dashboard area. Generally is 3-4" in size.

Midbass : 100Hz-300Hz
Midrange : 300Hz-5,000Hz

Quote:
2. For an SQ 2 way install, would it suffice to have a tweeter, mid-range and subwoofer than having a tweeter, midbass and then subwoofer? Is there too much difference in the frequencies managed by a subwoofer and the midbass?
Subwoofer: 20-100Hz.

For a 2-way install, it shall have a midrange and tweeter in the kit with a crossover. If going active, ignore the crossover. As the subwoofer is in the picture, most of the bass frequency range will be covered. There won't be that big a gap in the frequency range between the subwoofer and a midbass.

These are just approximate frequency ranges, slopes to need to be kept in mind while going about tuning.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st April 2020 at 02:06.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 02:48   #14008
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
...For a 2-way install, it shall have a midrange and tweeter in the kit with a crossover. If going active, ignore the crossover. As the subwoofer is in the picture, most of the bass frequency range will be covered. There won't be that big a gap in the frequency range between the subwoofer and a midbass...
For most 2 way component speaker, its the midbass comes in the package with the tweeter right? Any brands which ship a midrange instead?
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 03:37   #14009
BANNED

Quote:
For most 2 way component speaker, its the midbass comes in the package with the tweeter right? Any brands which ship a midrange instead?
Sorry. I meant 'midbass' and tweeter in the package for a 2-way install.
Old 8th April 2020, 12:52   #14010
Senior - BHPian

I have a 4 channel JBL amp which drives 4 speakers in each door. Is it possible for me to add underseat compact woofer?If yes, how do I connect? I want to avoid adding a full spec woofer at the boot and also avoid investing on another amp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks