Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2019, 13:08   #13981
BANNED

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a n...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Amplifier is I think from Pricor, the guy sold me the amp telling me it is a good product. Cost me about ₹6500. One year warranty is also provided. In hindsight, maybe should have gone for a better amp. Might still change the amp, if the issue identified is with the amplifier
Sorry, have never heard of the manufacturer.

Suggest you to first change the amplifier or ask for a trial unit from the installer. If it fixes the issue, get the Pricor one removed and fit this new one. You can get Sony amplifiers in the similar price range.
Old 29th November 2019, 13:40   #13982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Sorry, have never heard of the manufacturer.

Suggest you to first change the amplifier or ask for a trial unit from the installer. If it fixes the issue, get the Pricor one removed and fit this new one. You can get Sony amplifiers in the similar price range.

But I should first get all the wiring checked and then go amp change right. I might anyway change the amplifier.
Old 7th December 2019, 13:26   #13983
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quick question to android auto/car play users. Does the phone get hot when connected to the head unit?
Old 13th December 2019, 10:33   #13984
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Hi guys, I need a help. I am looking at the below two options - Sony and Alpine - to upgrade my Honda Brio 2015 V MT Head Unit. I am leaning towards Capacitive touch for its responsiveness. Sony is 20 Watt RMS x 4 and Alpine is 16 Watt RMS x 4. Both satisfy my requirement.

1) I have no plan to change the stock speakers. I do not know the specification of stock speakers. So with respect to the stock speakers, are these HUs are under powered or over powered or just fine?

2) Will these HUs with stock speaker configuration, create any problem for the brand new HU?

3) With respect to Durability and Service in India, which is a better brand?

https://www.sony.com/electronics/in-...ers/xav-ax5000
https://www.alpine-usa.com/product/a...-auto-ilx-w650
Old 13th December 2019, 10:57   #13985
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibitg View Post
1) I have no plan to change the stock speakers. I do not know the specification of stock speakers. So with respect to the stock speakers, are these HUs are under powered or over powered or just fine?
Should play fine without an amplifier addition or speaker change. You can upgrade at a later date when budget permits.

Quote:
2) Will these HUs with stock speaker configuration, create any problem for the brand new HU?
No issues at all. Go ahead and swap the HU.

Quote:
3) With respect to Durability and Service in India, which is a better brand?
Sony is widely available so spares etc nothing to worry. Hardly see boards etc of accessory stores selling Alpine. All we get to see are Pioneer and Sony.

The XAV-5000 is a great HU and completely VFM. Good choice IMHO.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 08:16   #13986
BHPian

Thanks Anurag. I am seeing some negative reviews on Sony xav-ax5000 Android Auto. Anyone know was there any firmware update from Sony on this recently? Not considering Alpine due to service concerns. So I am looking at the below three options now. Can you suggest one based on the Service and durability? I am seeing good review for all the three. Also is the 'iDatalink Maestro' compatible with Honda Brio, any idea on that? Thanks in advance for your help.

https://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/excelon/dmx706s
https://www.us.jvc.com/car/multimedia/kw_m750bt
https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...X/DMH-C2550NEX
Old 16th December 2019, 11:53   #13987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking at the below two options - Sony and Alpine - to upgrade my Honda Brio 2015 V MT Head Unit.
I was under the impression that only blaupunkt and MapmyIndia head units were compatible with the steering controls of Honda Brio, amaze, mobilio, BR-V?
Can you please recheck and advise?
Old 16th December 2019, 13:13   #13988
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I was under the impression that only blaupunkt and MapmyIndia head units were compatible with the steering controls of Honda Brio, amaze, mobilio, BR-V?
Can you please recheck and advise?
These days head units are equipped with learning function for the steering wheel controls. As long as the steering controls are coming to the head unit in physical form, ie as physical signals rather than CAN signals like in some German cars, the head units can easily learn the controls and work without any issue. Suzuki and Honda use similar convention for the steering controls and the wiring as well. Hence, any head unit with SWC learning capacity can adapt and work without issues. There is no need of any adapter or such intermediate devices.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 09:29   #13989
BHPian

Quote:
Also is the 'iDatalink Maestro' compatible with Honda Brio, any idea on that?
For those who are researching on 'iDatalink Maestro RR', it is tested only on vehicles built for sale in North America. This is the response received from iDatalink.
Old 3rd January 2020, 17:10   #13990
Senior - BHPian

After installing Sony AX-5000s in my last two cars, changed to installing JVC Kenwood KW-M740BT in my recently purchased Baleno Sigma. This comes with Android Auto and Apple Car Play with 2 USB ports and I got it for 19,500 (MRP 26,500/-), 6 speakers including 2 tweeters with crossvers from Pioneer (6000/-), Reverse Camera (1000/-) and Autocop Central Locking (2500/-). This stereo also includes a dedicated external GPS antenna for better GPS coverage with any software using it and also includes a compass and real time time update by gps, in the user interface.

Few pictures of the user interface

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-jvc-kwm740bt-installed-baleno-02012020_3.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-jvc-kwm740bt-installed-baleno-02012020_4.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-jvc-kwm740bt-installed-baleno-02012020_5.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-jvc-kwm740bt-installed-baleno-02012020_6.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-jvc-kwm740bt-installed-baleno-02012020_7.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-jvc-kwm740bt-installed-baleno-02012020_8.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-jvc-kwm740bt-installed-baleno-02012020_9.jpg

Overall sound quality and user interface is much better than the Sony. This also has the added advantage of mirror link.

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-baleno-delivery-01012020_1.jpg

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 3rd January 2020 at 17:22.
dkaile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 14:26   #13991
BHPian

Dear Bhpians, I have 2016 Dzire ZDi AMT. Off late I have been frequently using maps using the phone which isn’t comfortable. Hence I’m planning to get head unit with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

My budget is 15-20k. I have selected 2 HU’s but unsure which one is better. Any inputs from owners would be helpful.

1. Blaupunkt Monte Carlo 750 (Ver 2)
2. Blaupunkt New York 750

Also is installation more like plug and play, or I have to get it installed by a technician.

PS: I’m planning to buy directly from Blaupunkt online store as they are offering exchange discount for old hu.
Old 12th January 2020, 07:58   #13992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
After installing Sony AX-5000s
I read Sony AX-5000 comes with Android Auto. How is it? Is there any issues with Android auto in Sony AX-5000 ?
Old 13th January 2020, 10:19   #13993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I read Sony AX-5000 comes with Android Auto. How is it? Is there any issues with Android auto in Sony AX-5000 ?
Yes, Sony AX5000 too comes with Android Auto and Apple Car Play along with 2 USB ports. But the screen resolution and especially the sound quality (frequency response, THD, S/N ratio, dynamic range and D/A converter) is of inferior quality compared to this JVC Kenwood head unit which I felt immediately after installation. This also comes with the additional advantage of an external GPS antenna for superior GPS accuracy with your GPS based applications. Though the MRP of the JVC is more by a thousand bucks, you can get it around 500 bucks cheaper than the Sony on the street and you get a superior product at that. Just ensure that you use a high quality USB cable for error free connection with the unit.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 13th January 2020 at 10:29.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 20:38   #13994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Yes, Sony AX5000 too comes with Android Auto and Apple Car Play along with 2 USB ports. But the screen resolution and especially the sound quality (frequency response, THD, S/N ratio, dynamic range and D/A converter) is of inferior quality compared to this JVC Kenwood head unit which I felt immediately after installation. This also comes with the additional advantage of an external GPS antenna for superior GPS accuracy with your GPS based applications. Though the MRP of the JVC is more by a thousand bucks, you can get it around 500 bucks cheaper than the Sony on the street and you get a superior product at that. Just ensure that you use a high quality USB cable for error free connection with the unit.

Cheers...
Does this have a capacitive touch screen? How is the touch response vis-a-vis Sony XAV 5000?

Also, a basic doubt. How do you charge your phone, while it is connected to the Head Unit through a USB cable for Android Auto function? Over long drives, charging the phone is important while using maps etc.
Old 17th January 2020, 20:53   #13995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Does this have a capacitive touch screen? How is the touch response vis-a-vis Sony XAV 5000?

Also, a basic doubt. How do you charge your phone, while it is connected to the Head Unit through a USB cable for Android Auto function? Over long drives, charging the phone is important while using maps etc.
You can have a look at the specs here - http://in.jvc.com/car/av_receiver/kw_m740bt/

It has a resistive WVGA screen which is much better in touch, feel and resolution than the Sony HU. It has automatic 1.5A charging while connected to Android Auto.

Cheers...

Most Viewed