Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2019, 10:55   #13891
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Thank you all for your inputs, including PMs! I shall consider the advice and go for something suitable.
Old 5th June 2019, 11:44   #13892
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Hey guys quick question for people who are using Pioneer Headunits

Will I be able to dial/receive calls from my second phone if the primary phone is connected to either Car Play or Android Auto ?

considering Pioneer headunits supports multiple bluetooth connections simultaneously
Old 14th June 2019, 00:05   #13893
BHPian

I had always felt that EcoSport has decent speakers but lacks the low-end.

I visited Reliable Radio in Chembur, Mumbai and had a chat with Amol regarding my requirements. At his outlet, I heard a Xenos underseat sub, placed in the boot of a Santro. It sounded perfect, the bass wasn't car shattering and was pleasant to the ears.

He suggested that I get one from Blaupunkt as he has had good experience with Blaupunkt.

Hence, l took the plunge and installed a under seat subwoofer in the boot.

It was his idea of placing the sub in the boot, as this will resonate well in the boot and sound better.

I got Blaupunkt XLF8A during Amazon's sale in May.

The high level inputs were taken from the front speakers in the door. No wires were cut and the wires were soldered on to the speaker terminals.

Amol working on the left door
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20190510_151321.jpg

The stock speaker in EcoSport
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20190510_151341.jpg

Blaupunkt comes with a HI-LO converter, but Amol suggested to go for this HI-LO converter as the sub lacks a remote to control the sub gain, and this one from Haman would help in that regard.
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20190510_173933.jpg

The sub placed in the boot of EcoSport.
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20190510_185221.jpg

With a Jopasu duster for reference. It's really small.
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20190513_191431.jpg

Hidden away under the false boot floor of EcoSport.
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20190510_185807.jpg

The remote mounted just below the steering
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20190518_133421.jpg
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20190518_1334131.jpg

Amol was really patient with my questions and did a fantastic work. It was a superb experience seeing my car in able hands.

Last edited by suku_patel_22 : 14th June 2019 at 00:10.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 00:58   #13894
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Hence, l took the plunge and installed a under seat subwoofer in the boot.
I thought under-seat subwoofers are designed to work better 'under the seat' rather than in the boot or elsewhere. BTW, did you try placing the subwoofer under the driver's seat and see how it performs as compared to it being placed in the boot?!

I may be wrong, sir, but just a thought and no offence.
Old 14th June 2019, 05:51   #13895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
It was his idea of placing the sub in the boot, as this will resonate well in the boot and sound better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I thought under-seat subwoofers are designed to work better 'under the seat' rather than in the boot or elsewhere..
For the frequencies that the sub will handle, How will position of the sub affect it ?

@Suku_Patel - how do you find the sound when driving ?
Old 14th June 2019, 06:12   #13896
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
For the frequencies that the sub will handle, How will the position of the sub affect it?
My doubt was 'only' based on the 'subwoofer type' that it is advertised as - underseat. That's all.

Technically it may not make much of a difference where the placement is but the bass produced may not be properly felt when placed in the boot. Having it placed under the seat, it'll make its presence felt properly.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 08:15   #13897
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, did you try placing the subwoofer under the driver's seat and see how it performs as compared to it being placed in the boot?!
Quote:
@Suku_Patel - how do you find the sound when driving ?
After listening to the sub in Santro, I was sold on the idea of placing it in the boot, hence didn't even try under the seat.

I wanted the bass to fill in and not overpower the sound and am happy with the way it sounds in the boot. Moreover moving it around should not be a big issue. I'll try it someday.

I also like the fact that the sub is hidden under the boot floor.
Old 18th June 2019, 15:35   #13898
Senior - BHPian

I am seeing a strange issue in my Audio setup while streaming from bluetooth. When the car is started , the audio sounds loud and after 2-5 seconds loudness reduces. Is this problem with HU or bluetooth? I have Amp have replaced stock speakers.
Old 18th June 2019, 18:00   #13899
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I am seeing a strange issue in my Audio setup while streaming from bluetooth. When the car is started , the audio sounds loud and after 2-5 seconds loudness reduces. Is this problem with HU or bluetooth? I have Amp have replaced stock speakers.
In the audio settings page, is there any setting for "startup volume"?

Does it happen when playing through USB?
Old 18th June 2019, 23:18   #13900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
So I was able to get an Amplifier-JBL installed in my Crysta. I am using stock HU and speakers are infinity Reference components in front and coaxials at rear. I am pretty happy with audio output now but there is a fly in the ointment. There is a "shhhhh" noise on all speakers even when volume is at zero, immaterial of the audio source. I have used myTVS cables and ground wire is connected to front seat base.
The noise is a faint one and not audible when volume increases. What could be the problem? Amplifier? Grounding ? Or cable?
I went through other thread but that doesn't seem to be active.
I had a similar issue and my installer kept some filter called ground noise isolator and it was gone. I used Boss audio cables on mine.
Old 19th June 2019, 09:52   #13901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the audio settings page, is there any setting for "startup volume"?

Does it happen when playing through USB?
I could not find any startup volume setting. This did not appear to happen on USB. I will reconfirm after checking couple more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondatoyotafan View Post
I had a similar issue and my installer kept some filter called ground noise isolator and it was gone. I used Boss audio cables on mine.
Can you please let me know is this a easy fix? Are there any good brand of isolator that you suggest?
Old 19th June 2019, 11:56   #13902
BHPian

So I got the following setup in 2012 after much deliberation over here
JBL Infinity Reference components 6530CS
JBL Component GT6-S266C
JBL 6" coax GT6-S266

Deck - Kenwood 349R

Our of these, my deck works fine and so do the tweeters and crossover.
What's gone is all 4 speakers which are in my doors, the cone is brittle and the speakers barely produce any sound. Need to replace all of them and the wiring as well

I was planning on retaining the car for maybe a year or two and hence wasn't looking at spending much. I wanted to know if the tweeters can be retained ?
What are budget alternatives that are comparable and similar sounding ?
A few options would be much appreciated.
Or else anything else as a whole too.
Looking at crisp clear sound. No bass heavy stuff.
Old 19th June 2019, 12:33   #13903
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusarrarr View Post
I was planning on retaining the car for maybe a year or two and hence wasn't looking at spending much. I wanted to know if the tweeters can be retained ?
If you are going to retain the car for 2 years, then I suggest get new tweeters also. The speakers come as a set, and the price difference between coax and components is not so much. The sound will also be better from the new set. Why skimp now, and if you end up with having to replace the tweeters mid-way, then you would end up spending a little more at that point.
Old 19th June 2019, 13:21   #13904
BHPian

Quote:
If you are going to retain the car for 2 years, then I suggest get new tweeters also. The speakers come as a set, and the price difference between coax and components is not so much. The sound will also be better from the new set. Why skimp now, and if you end up with having to replace the tweeters mid-way, then you would end up spending a little more at that point.
That does make sense. I seem to have missed one thing. I have the Infinity series.
This one I didn't get- JBL Component GT6-S266C
So if I go for a new set, what's my options . Any recommendations maybe budget side and otherwise ?
Old 3rd July 2019, 16:55   #13905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I'm planning on upgrading the stock setup in my Swift in stages, staring with the HU first. I have a few queries and i'd be glad if someone could help me out
I too am looking for a unit that can do both Android Auto and Apple Carplay wirelessly. Do we have any head units that can support this in India?

Last edited by GTO : 4th July 2019 at 07:14. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks