Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2018, 12:28   #13741
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
I am kinda depressed right now because I just fried my blaupunkt velocity vxb 12 sub.
Can it be repaired? I don't think it will sound the same afterwards.

It's paired with JVC DRVN ksax3101d 800W mono amp. Should I be looking for a replacement? What would be a worthy replacement?
What are the symptoms? The subwoofer is connected to the amp so how do you know the subwoofer is the one that is damaged and not the amp?

Can you check the subwoofer with another amp or the amp with another subwoofer?
navin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 15:47   #13742
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
What are the symptoms? The subwoofer is connected to the amp so how do you know the subwoofer is the one that is damaged and not the amp?

Can you check the subwoofer with another amp or the amp with another subwoofer?
It started stuttering, on checking I saw white smoke coming out of the enclosure, from what I understand that smoke is because of the glue of the voice coil that must have burnt.
The fault was with the subwoofer wiring, car was cleaned a night before so maybe the person cleaning the car would have disconnected and reconnected the wires, but unfortunately in an incorrect manner as the sub, being dual voice coil, has 4 connecting points.

The amp is working fine, I played another sub on it for a while and there weren't any problems with the setup.
Old 3rd October 2018, 11:12   #13743
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
The amp is working fine, I played another sub on it for a while and there weren't any problems with the setup.
I am surprised the amp survived. Usually it is the amp that will die if the subwoofer is connected to say 2ohms instead of 8ohms.

Anyway re-wiring a subwoofer coil is really not worth the effort now. It will cost you almost as much as a new subwoofer and with no guarantee/warranty.

Better to look for a new subwoofer. There are several 12" from Focal, DLS, Morel, JBL, etc. that will work.
Old 8th October 2018, 17:14   #13744
Senior - BHPian

I recently got a pair of Infinity reference speakers installed on my Crysta. The front has 6520CX components with tweeters and rear has 6522iX coaxials. I have not used amp or sub woofer. The music is driven by stock head unit. At low volumes(upto 20-25%), there is hardly any bass butgoes very strong after that- almost till max volume.

I have Rockford Fosgate speaker in my other Crysta but they are driven by Blaupunkt after market head unit. This has good depth even at 15% volume. However there is some distortion as the volume goes beyond after 70% volume.

My question- Is stock Head unit the only difference or Is it that the speakers have different behavior? Will adding a 4 channel amplifier improve low end of Infinity speakers?
Old 8th October 2018, 19:17   #13745
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need your advice on an ICE query.

My Honda City 2009's reverse sensor (it has just the sensor, no reverse cam) is acting up so I'm looking to upgrade to a reverse camera with display. Considered some models with reverse cam + clip on display on the rear view mirror but not happy with them.

My car has the inbuilt ICE but I'm considering replacing the head unit with a more modern one with touchscreen + Bluetooth + Android Auto. I'm not too particular about the audio part of it, but basically it's the reverse cam + BT + Android Auto that I'm looking for.

Currently I've shortlisted Sony XAV AX-3000. Enquired in one shop and they are quoting around 21K all inclusive (head unit + frame/fascia + harness + reverse cam + installation).

- Is this a head unit a good option? Are there any other good units that I should be looking at?
- Does the pricing look ok?
- Any recommendations for a good shop in Trivandrum where I can get it fitted?
Old 9th October 2018, 16:00   #13746
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar@v1nd View Post
My car has the inbuilt ICE but I'm considering replacing the head unit with a more modern one with touchscreen + Bluetooth + Android Auto. I'm not too particular about the audio part of it, but basically it's the reverse cam + BT + Android Auto that I'm looking for.

Currently I've shortlisted Sony XAV AX-3000. Enquired in one shop and they are quoting around 21K all inclusive (head unit + frame/fascia + harness + reverse cam + installation).

- Is this a head unit a good option? Are there any other good units that I should be looking at?
- Does the pricing look ok?
- Any recommendations for a good shop in Trivandrum where I can get it fitted?
Are there some specific features you are looking for?

There are several HUs at the same price as the Sony. Pioneer and Kenwood have several

A few examples:
https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...s/avh-a2190bt/
https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...rs/avh-a209bt/
http://www.kenwood.com/india/car/visual_navigation/

As far as a car audio shop in Trivandrum. This is an old post but the shop may still be operational.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...um-kerala.html (Car Accessories- Car Shoppe (Trivandrum, Kerala))
Old 9th October 2018, 16:24   #13747
BHPian

Quote:

I'm using this model in my Punto, as it came with double din touch screen and single din back unit, which easily fits in my car. I bought it on 8th Sep 2018 for 17.8k with bill and std 3 year warranty but without rear view camera .
It was a great unit to begin with, excellent display , good touch responses, Android Auto etc, I was very much happy but only for 20 days, as following problems started,
- touch screen some time was not responding,
- Volume level came down to 0 from 15 while driving without even touching it
- Volume +/- pressed, , audio track started changing instead of volume
- got rebooted itself once.

I have given this to the Sony ASS on 29-Sep ,yet to get it back, reply I got was some parts have gone kaput and they are waiting for the replacement parts, it might take 4-5 days atleast. For my bad luck, I have planed a trip this weekend and i have to drive without music for nearly 1000+ KMS.

- So my advice, please stay away from this unit if your car can house double din back unit.

Last edited by vinya_jag : 9th October 2018 at 16:27.
vinya_jag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 16:32   #13748
BHPian

Folks, one quick question: I am using stock head unit for Duster (non touch). I use hi-lo converter currently to connect to amp(one JBL GTO1004 and one Rockford Fosgate mono). I have alpine comps at front and kicker coaxes in the rear. Now comes the itch for a touchscreen . Any Sasta Sundar tikaw options? I need to use the steering controls of the Duster. I require a navi unit ( screen mirroring option would also take care of that I presume?).

Last edited by adg_andy : 9th October 2018 at 16:34.
Old 9th October 2018, 18:44   #13749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Any Sasta Sundar tikaw options? I need to use the steering controls of the Duster. I require a navi unit ( screen mirroring option would also take care of that I presume?).
Get a good Android tablet from your local CEX and take it to the best audio installer in town. You'll have something that exceeds all expectations.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 19:10   #13750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Are there some specific features you are looking for?

There are several HUs at the same price as the Sony. Pioneer and Kenwood have several

A few examples:
https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...s/avh-a2190bt/
https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...rs/avh-a209bt/
http://www.kenwood.com/india/car/visual_navigation/

As far as a car audio shop in Trivandrum. This is an old post but the shop may still be operational.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...um-kerala.html (Car Accessories- Car Shoppe (Trivandrum, Kerala))
Thanks Navin. The main thing I'm looking for is Android Auto. Most of the HUs anyways have bluetooth and reverse camera support, so the main thing is the Android Auto. I went through the links you shared but those particular ones don't seem to have Android Auto (unless I'm missing something).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
I'm using this model in my Punto, as it came with double din touch screen and single din back unit, which easily fits in my car. I bought it on 8th Sep 2018 for 17.8k with bill and std 3 year warranty but without rear view camera .
It was a great unit to begin with, excellent display , good touch responses, Android Auto etc, I was very much happy but only for 20 days, as following problems started,
- touch screen some time was not responding,
- Volume level came down to 0 from 15 while driving without even touching it
- Volume +/- pressed, , audio track started changing instead of volume
- got rebooted itself once.

I have given this to the Sony ASS on 29-Sep ,yet to get it back, reply I got was some parts have gone kaput and they are waiting for the replacement parts, it might take 4-5 days atleast. For my bad luck, I have planed a trip this weekend and i have to drive without music for nearly 1000+ KMS.

- So my advice, please stay away from this unit if your car can house double din back unit.
Thanks vinya. Your input is very valuable. A couple of questions for you since you use the same HU.

1) Does this have a capacitive touch screen or a resistive one? Capacitive would be very nice.
2) Do you know if the steering controls (volume, track etc) can be re-used with this HU?
3) Is the 3 year warranty standard for this HU?

I'll wait to see how your warranty replacement goes. I hope it's just a 1 off case since your HU is very new. Are there any other HUs you considered when you bought this unit? Would be interested to know the alternatives you considered.
Old 10th October 2018, 13:23   #13751
BHPian

Quote:

1) Does this have a capacitive touch screen or a resistive one? Capacitive would be very nice.
Its resistive type touch, but it has dedicated buttons, so its pretty easy to use.

Quote:
2) Do you know if the steering controls (volume, track etc) can be re-used with this HU?
I'm not sure since my car doesn't have it.

Quote:
3) Is the 3 year warranty standard for this HU?
Yes, its standard for this HU.

Quote:
I'll wait to see how your warranty replacement goes. I hope it's just a 1 off case since your HU is very new. Are there any other HUs you considered when you bought this unit? Would be interested to know the alternatives you considered.
Even I hope its just one off piece. I'l update you once the parts arrive.

Since my car can house only single din unit, I didn't bother to check for other HU's as that involved slot cutting, and moreover not all the persons are skilled enough to do that.
vinya_jag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 16:22   #13752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Get a good Android tablet from your local CEX and take it to the best audio installer in town. You'll have something that exceeds all expectations.
Using existing steering controls is a necessity here. Can anyone suggest anything within 15K?
Old 15th October 2018, 00:53   #13753
BHPian

Hi folks, currently running a RCD 330plus in a Vento with DLS MA 6.1 components up front and stock VW rear coaxials. Thought of changing the amplifier to the Blaupunkt EMA 455 but never got around to doing it, as I updated the head unit earlier this year instead.

There’s a good deal on the Focal auditor AP 4340 in Amazon at the moment , but I don’t think that it has speaker level inputs. Should I go for the JBL. A604 instead, would it help drive the components as well as the Focals if not better.

Also would it be prudent to buy my own wiring kit from
Scosche E400S E2 400W High Power Single Amplifier Wiring/Installation Kit https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01LF68ZBI/..._7D5WBbME957PM online.
Old 15th October 2018, 21:13   #13754
BHPian

Any pointers on this guys ?
Old 20th October 2018, 11:29   #13755
BHPian

Hi guys, I have a 2006 Honda City ZX Vtec with stock audio until recently when the front speakers gave up followed by a crackling rear.

So given that I have a complete overhaul planned for the car next month (interiors need a complete overhaul) including painting and what not - also since I intend to retain this car for another 4 years minimum - could anyone suggest what I should look at sourcing for the audio? I don't intend to go over the top, but just figured I'd keep an eye out on some speaker units from Sony/Pioneer/JBL during various online sales and pick up some to replace the current ones.

Max budget is 6 to 9k

Also does anyone know what the max size the front speaker ports on the door for the ZX can support? I don't want to pull apart the door panels just to see what size the current ones are and to get the measurements.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks