Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2007, 10:57   #6241
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
for the front you can go for GTO 607 component and for the rear you can go for GTO 937
both of these for less than 7K?

Proxima the 607 and 937 combo would cost you 10-11K. For 7K however try the CS series from JBL. LBM will be back shortly with model numbers and maybe even prices.
Old 19th June 2007, 11:09   #6242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
both of these for less than 7K?

Proxima the 607 and 937 combo would cost you 10-11K. For 7K however try the CS series from JBL. LBM will be back shortly with model numbers and maybe even prices.
You mean the GTi series?

Also would appreciate if you can suggest someting that is a direct fit on the Safari doors. I really dont want anything too extravagant.

Any other decent brand is also OK. I just need to be clear on the model number.
Old 19th June 2007, 11:25   #6243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
You mean the GTi series?

Also would appreciate if you can suggest someting that is a direct fit on the Safari doors. I really dont want anything too extravagant.

the GTi series is the most highend one...the component and the woofers are in the range of 30k each and the amps are close to 100k....

for the GTO 607 and GTO 937 combo you can go for grey any you can get it in 7k range if with B/W then it will cost you more.

JBL Car & Marine Audio

JBL Car & Marine Audio
Old 19th June 2007, 11:30   #6244
BHPian

Quote:
the GTi series is the most highend one...the component and the woofers are in the range of 30k each and the amps are close to 100k....

for the GTO 607 and GTO 937 combo you can go for grey any you can get it in 7k range if with B/W then it will cost you more.

JBL Car & Marine Audio

JBL Car & Marine Audio

Thanks LBM, I dont think this is a direct fit however.

Also would appreciate if you can suggest a direct fit on the Safari doors. I really dont want anything too extravagant.

Old 19th June 2007, 11:44   #6245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks LBM, I dont think this is a direct fit however.

Also would appreciate if you can suggest a direct fit on the Safari doors. I really dont want anything too extravagant.

the 607 in the front is a direct fit no modifications required

for the 937 you have to decide where to fit it...and that also the installer can do it with no major mods required....
Old 19th June 2007, 12:34   #6246
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the 607 in the front is a direct fit no modifications required

for the 937 you have to decide where to fit it...and that also the installer can do it with no major mods required....

LBM baba, can you give him the CS options as well? I am not uptodate on teh model numbers and all that.
Old 19th June 2007, 12:47   #6247
Team-BHP Support

JBL CS2165C is the CS range 6.5" components. I believe they cost Rs.5.5K or thereabouts.
Old 19th June 2007, 13:22   #6248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which will fit in the Safari OE boxes (front and rear) Theres also one box in the rearmost door(the tyre door)
Which will need no modification
Which sounds clear (and a wee bit of bass if possible)
Less than 7K overall

I need the exact model of speakers please.

Ill just go to the shop, ask for the speakers and get it fixed, thats all.
@Proxima, the Safari (at least the current DICOR model; we don't know which model you have) takes 5.25" (130mm) on the doors - stock speakers are co-ax on the rear door, components in front, nothing on the tailgate. (The tailgate is unsuitable as it will require too many modifications, starting from a decent MDF board. Also, unless you use an amp, the speakers mounted there will not do any justice)

You could try out the following:
* Blaupunkt THc132 components in the front - 4250 (replaces both the speaker in the box as well as the tweeter)
* Blaupunkt THx132 coaxial on the rear doors - 2750
You could also check out ODx132 coax (3600) on the rear door. I am sure you can get better prices if you ask around.

And, as the gurus say, do listen before you buy.
Old 19th June 2007, 13:55   #6249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@Proxima, the Safari (at least the current DICOR model; we don't know which model you have) takes 5.25" (130mm) on the doors - stock speakers are co-ax on the rear door, components in front, nothing on the tailgate. (The tailgate is unsuitable as it will require too many modifications, starting from a decent MDF board. Also, unless you use an amp, the speakers mounted there will not do any justice)

You could try out the following:
* Blaupunkt THc132 components in the front - 4250 (replaces both the speaker in the box as well as the tweeter)
* Blaupunkt THx132 coaxial on the rear doors - 2750
You could also check out ODx132 coax (3600) on the rear door. I am sure you can get better prices if you ask around.

And, as the gurus say, do listen before you buy.
Thanks DerAlte, I have a 2004 model Safari LX Tdi.

Blaupunkt - Loudspeakers - TH-Series

Just going through this link, Im not able to find the THx132.

TH-Series

Last edited by Proxima : 19th June 2007 at 13:58.
Old 19th June 2007, 14:09   #6250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi,

i have a pair of infinity 6x9 as rear fills. they are powered by the head unit. wanted to know if these speakers have some kind of XO built into it. if im not wrong, there should be a cap for the tweets(bass blocker?). what about the other 2? does the woofer and the mid have any kind of XO?
if yes, what are the XO cutoff frequencies?

cheers
clip
no ones going to anwer my query now? sam bhai, navinji, lbm paji?? where are you guys? please help me guys.

clip
Old 19th June 2007, 14:17   #6251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
JBL CS2165C is the CS range 6.5" components. I believe they cost Rs.5.5K or thereabouts.
Correct they are 6.5" components. They cost 4990/-
Old 19th June 2007, 14:41   #6252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks DerAlte, I have a 2004 model Safari LX Tdi.

Blaupunkt - Loudspeakers - TH-Series

Just going through this link, Im not able to find the THx132.

TH-Series
That's the REAL problem with Blaupunkt - no timely updates! Their 2006/2007 catalog (hard-copy) has the THx / THc 132, and they do have them on the shelves. Same snafu with the OD series - the only country with OD on website is their Spain website!

Visit / call one of the Blau dealers in Chennai (after you have 'decoded' the dealer location from the Blau website) and ask.

Your Safari's model is 2004, better measure the actual speaker diameter with a scale / tape measure (pry out the grill on the speaker pod). If the mounting hole is bigger, you could even go in for THx/c 172.
Old 19th June 2007, 15:06   #6253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
clipto333[/b]] hi,

i have a pair of infinity 6x9 as rear fills. they are powered by the head unit. wanted to know if these speakers have some kind of XO built into it. if im not wrong, there should be a cap for the tweets(bass blocker?). what about the other 2? does the woofer and the mid have any kind of XO?
if yes, what are the XO cutoff frequencies?

cheers
clip
There will be a capacitor and an inductor, or both. They cant be called bass blockers as such. Crossover frequency unless published can only be known by measurement.
Old 19th June 2007, 16:13   #6254
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
no ones going to anwer my query now? sam bhai, navinji, lbm paji?? where are you guys? please help me guys.
clip
as far as the XO freq are concerned you can figure that out yoruself. the impedence of each driver is 4 ohms and each driver has only a 1st order HPF. so if oyu know the impedance and the value of the cap (1st order HPF is usually a cap) you can figure out the XO freq.

here is an online calculator
2-Way Crossover Designer / Calculator
Old 19th June 2007, 20:45   #6255
BHPian

hi,

thanks for the replies guys. one more query.

i was trying to set gains on my amp, my pio HU(6850) has a 4v preout. the eq was flat, sub level 0 at 80hz, HPF at 80 Hz, sla 0. the amp is on full range im using the HU xo.

first i tried the sub gain. with a good quality cd (Gunbir gave it to me) put in HU, volume at 45(60 is max) i turned the gains slowly till max but the bass level didnt max out at all. now the question is with a high voltage pre out(4), why didnt the sub level max out? am i missing something? is there a problem some where? when the gains were set earlier the SLA was 4 rest everything flat.

when i tried to set the comps level it maxed out at around 75%. still its way too much gai for a 4v preout.

please let me know if im wrong and tell me the correct way to set the gains.

thanks
clip

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks