Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2007, 09:33   #6331
Senior - BHPian

Hey folks,

My car system has started picking up a lot of cell phone static off late. This started happening after I upgraded my speakers and amps to GTO + Inifnity setup. How can I reduce this?
Old 27th June 2007, 09:57   #6332
Team-BHP Support

what sort of "static"? Now I am confused.
Old 27th June 2007, 09:59   #6333
Senior - BHPian

It is the kind of sound old systems used to make when you were close to a cell phone tower. Dont know how to describe it better.
Old 27th June 2007, 10:01   #6334
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
It is the kind of sound old systems used to make when you were close to a cell phone tower. Dont know how to describe it better.
Is it when the phone is about to ring? or some activity on the phone?
Old 27th June 2007, 10:07   #6335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Is it when the phone is about to ring? or some activity on the phone?
Yes it is. It happens mostly when I'm about to receive a call or message. Also when switching towers I think.
Old 27th June 2007, 10:12   #6336
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
I assume this is only when the system is on. well the RCA wire is acting like an antenna and the amplifer is amplifying this signal. I have had this "tut-tut-tut" sound a few times. You are try sheilding your RCA wire with aluminum foil.
Old 27th June 2007, 10:14   #6337
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm ok will try that and update you guys.
Old 27th June 2007, 10:15   #6338
BHPian

Gurus of ICE

I currently have a blau amp driving my rear two speakers..also have blau front 4' spekaers in stock position of santro..
as usual the rear sounds extremely powerful than the front..
should i change my front to comps and connect the amps thr and drive the coaxials behind thru the HU?
Old 27th June 2007, 10:17   #6339
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I assume this is only when the system is on. well the RCA wire is acting like an antenna and the amplifer is amplifying this signal. I have had this "tut-tut-tut" sound a few times. You are try sheilding your RCA wire with aluminum foil.

Yeah it starts with tut-tut-tut and gradually increases till you pick the call.

Navinji what other reason could it be. I have the problem on my lancer which has no amps. just 4 speakers and the OE kenwood HU. The radio antenna is the electronic retractable one.

But no problem in teh alto which has an amp/RCA's.
Old 27th June 2007, 10:25   #6340
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainak View Post
I currently have a blau amp driving my rear two speakers..also have blau front 4' spekaers in stock position of santro..should i change my front to comps and connect the amps thr and drive the coaxials behind thru the HU?
The stock locatiosn of the Sanrto are 4". Unless you are considering door mods you cant fit a larger speaker upfront. If you are considering modfying the door then you can fit a 5 or even 6" component in the front and use the amp to drive it.
Old 27th June 2007, 10:27   #6341
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yeah it starts with tut-tut-tut and gradually increases till you pick the call. But no problem in teh alto which has an amp/RCA's.
I had this issue with my Astra but when I covered the RCA in aluminum foil (m wife uses a lot in the kitchen) it stopped.

Try using the HU without the antenna connected and see if it helps you wont get FM but do you really use FM anwyay?
Old 27th June 2007, 10:29   #6342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah it starts with tut-tut-tut and gradually increases till you pick the call.

Navinji what other reason could it be. I have the problem on my lancer which has no amps. just 4 speakers and the OE kenwood HU. The radio antenna is the electronic retractable one.

But no problem in teh alto which has an amp/RCA's.
The problem is likely to be the shielding of the HU - maybe the chassis of the HU is not grounded properly. Normally the HU is 5-side shielded (RF-wise) with the removable front plate exposed. Usually there is a high-bit-rate serial link from the front plate to the main electronics, which may be susceptible to interference.
The RCA cables might not be the culprit as they would be further away from the cellphone than the HU.
Old 27th June 2007, 10:31   #6343
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I had this issue with my Astra but when I covered the RCA in aluminum foil (m wife uses a lot in the kitchen) it stopped.

Try using the HU without the antenna connected and see if it helps you wont get FM but do you really use FM anwyay?
hehehe Only FM Navinji. It's a cassette player with a 10CD changer in the boot which has gone kaput. It's 7years old the OE system that came with the car.

My dad uses the car and it's only FM.

Funny thing is it happens with certain cell phones. For example with my phone no such problem but when my dad's phone rings it happens.
Old 27th June 2007, 11:07   #6344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Funny thing is it happens with certain cell phones. For example with my phone no such problem but when my dad's phone rings it happens.
Easy solution then. Buy your Dad a new phone
Old 27th June 2007, 11:19   #6345
BHPian

Quote:
The stock locatiosn of the Sanrto are 4". Unless you are considering door mods you cant fit a larger speaker upfront. If you are considering modfying the door then you can fit a 5 or even 6" component in the front and use the amp to drive it.

what else can i do to increase the output from front, without going for door mods?

Last edited by mainak : 27th June 2007 at 11:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks