Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2007, 19:21   #6301
Senior - BHPian

Ya I had used it once or twice....
Old 22nd June 2007, 22:26   #6302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
And also where is the Amp made in, Japan?
Nah, IIRC its made in Indonesia. Well at least they don't lie openly like Sony who claim the 222 amps were made in Japan. What nonsense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
i think its a nice program. have you used this program LBM? can you or navinji suggest a mic for measurements?
It is a nice program. Many recommend this mic for your application. You will also need a good mic preamp.

MICROPHONES / HEADPHONES / WIRELESS SYSTEMS - CONDENSER MICROPHONES - MEASUREMENT CONDENSER MICROPHONE ECM8000 : Omnidirectional Measurement Condenser Microphone

Last edited by gunbir : 22nd June 2007 at 22:29.
Old 22nd June 2007, 23:44   #6303
Team-BHP Support

I used to use a mic I got from ADC many years ago. It worked fine for my simple needs. I have since given these to a friend. I was using them enough. but any good condensor/elecrect mic can do. The M51 from LinearX (makers of LEAP and LMS) is good and so are the ones from NTI (a specilist company in Europe - Lichtenstein? I am not sure?).

CTR caps are made in India and that is why I suggested them instead of MIT, Solen, or some exotics.
Old 23rd June 2007, 13:41   #6304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
thanks gunman, even i was thinking of this mic. how much would this mic with a preamp cost? and is this available in india?

BTW gunman when is the offer on the amp going to expire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I used to use a mic I got from ADC many years ago. It worked fine for my simple needs. I have since given these to a friend. I was using them enough. but any good condensor/elecrect mic can do. The M51 from LinearX (makers of LEAP and LMS) is good and so are the ones from NTI (a specilist company in Europe - Lichtenstein? I am not sure?).

CTR caps are made in India and that is why I suggested them instead of MIT, Solen, or some exotics.
but navinji i dont think even CTR caps are available here. ill see if i can order them. otherwise ill ask some one in delhi to find out. can you give me the excact specs of the cap? if possible, a pic? i think it woud be metalized polyester 100vdc 63vac right?

Cant a measurement mic be DIYed? kidding :-)

thanks
clip
Old 23rd June 2007, 14:06   #6305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

thanks
clip
I would suggest to get a readymade one....
Old 23rd June 2007, 14:19   #6306
Senior - BHPian

M-AUDIO - MobilePre USB - USB Bus-Powered Preamp and Audio Interface IIRC... costs about 10k in India.

Quote:
BTW gunman when is the offer on the amp going to expire?
Till stocks last.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd June 2007 at 16:51.
Old 23rd June 2007, 15:46   #6307
BHPian

hi,

i just saw your post with a mic preamp gunbir, where has it disappeared?
never mind im still replying.

please pm me the link(mic preamp) if you can.

why would you get banned? i asked for the amp not the other way around

we can take it to pm if we are breaking any rules here.

cheers
clip
Old 24th June 2007, 01:16   #6308
BHPian

hi,
navinji, if possible can you post a pic of the cap with specs? it would be easier for me to identify the caps. any other option? what online store would you recommend for electronic stuff like caps, resistors etc? where do you buy all the exotic stuff from? :-)

i wish there were better stores in my city. :-(

does anyone know a good electronic components store in punjab or chandigarh?
Old 24th June 2007, 14:45   #6309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi,

i just saw your post with a mic preamp gunbir, where has it disappeared?
never mind im still replying.
The pic is on the previous page Clip.
Old 24th June 2007, 21:24   #6310
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It has been done. using an electret element. Clip, in my days there we some real "nutcases". Some have left us (for the heavens), some are enjoying sunsets and beer/single malt, so few of these are really active.
Old 24th June 2007, 21:28   #6311
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hi,
navinji, if possible can you post a pic of the cap with specs? it would be easier for me to identify the caps. any other option?
Just ask for CTR. They are yellow. You asking a fossil like me about online shopping? ha ha ha. I still do these things the old fashioned way but today becuse of my grey hairs I only need to call up the guys at Lamington Road and they send me stuff to my desk.

On occasion if I do visit I end up having endless cups of sweet tea, so in the interests of not getting diabetes I dont go there.
Old 25th June 2007, 14:11   #6312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
The pic is on the previous page Clip.
hi ir,

gunbir's post was taken off the forum for a little while. you can see at the bottom it was edited by GTO. anyways, thanks

clip

Quote:
Just ask for CTR. They are yellow. You asking a fossil like me about online shopping? ha ha ha. I still do these things the old fashioned way but today becuse of my grey hairs I only need to call up the guys at Lamington Road and they send me stuff to my desk.

On occasion if I do visit I end up having endless cups of sweet tea, so in the interests of not getting diabetes I dont go there.
ok ill try. navinji, you mentioned somewhere on this form that you shop from amazon etc. thats why i asked. :-)

lucky you. you get the stuff what you want at the desk. have to search like 20 shops to find something. ordering the stuff is still a dream for me :-)

cheers
clip
Old 25th June 2007, 14:43   #6313

Automotive electrical connectors

Hi,

I am an avid reader of the ICE forum posts, and I must say my knowledge of this exciting subject has grown several fold – thanks to some excellent discussions here. My hope is that someday I will “grow up” and be able to contribute.

I am trying an install that will allow movement of a boxed sub-woofer & monoblock amp between two of our cars. This will help reduce investment to only one set of Sub-woofer and mono-amplifier that can be used in either of the two cars.

To accomplish this I will need to use a connector for plugging in +ve battery power, -ve body earth and +ve trigger signal. As i can easily plug-in and remove the RCA from the amp, it will not form a part of the proposed connector.

I request the forum members to recommend me a set of connectors that can be used to ensure quick and safe connection (and disconnection) of the above set between the two cars.

Thanks,
Old 25th June 2007, 15:21   #6314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
ok ill try. navinji, you mentioned somewhere on this form that you shop from amazon etc. thats why i asked. :-)
I use Amazon for books because they make it easy. I used to spend many hours on Lamington Road in Mumbai and Canal Street in NY so by know they know me. It is just the relationships I have built over time I guess. Nothing speical.
Old 25th June 2007, 18:55   #6315
BHPian

Quote:
I use Amazon for books because they make it easy. I used to spend many hours on Lamington Road in Mumbai and Canal Street in NY so by know they know me. It is just the relationships I have built over time I guess. Nothing speical.
amazon is a good place to buy books. i've never shopped online ever in my life. i once tried with my hdfc credit card(visa) no online store was accepting it. god knows why. im planning to get another credit card which will make my life easier(i can order the stuff i want).

ill go to the electronics store in the morning and ill let you know about the caps.

cheers
clip

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks