Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2008, 23:48   #7831
BHPian

Magma: I might go for Era, which doesn't have the rear parcel tray. Can you please give the info keeping in mind that i10 has speakers provision in the doors?
Old 6th April 2008, 18:49   #7832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikat View Post
Magma: I might go for Era, which doesn't have the rear parcel tray. Can you please give the info keeping in mind that i10 has speakers provision in the doors?
Front speakers
now i have advised you co axial 6 inch speakers that fit in the front door the GT5 652 for about 2200rs (grey) and 2600(Bill n Warratny) alternatively if you can increase bugdet i have adviced GTO 607 component speakers for the front ( rs5700 bill and slightly less in grey)
P.S please note component speakers come as a set of 4 speakers - 2 of which fit in the door panels and two small 1 inch speakers called tweeters for this the installer will have to cut a 1inch hole in the door panel so please keep that in mind.
If you really wanna enjoy music component speakers are advisable

Rears
Now for the rear speakers i have advised speakers that are oval 6inch by 9 inches ( GT5 963 or alternatively GTO 937 which is a bit more expensive but better). These cannot fit into the rear door panels in the sockets provided in the car and so have to fit into the rear parcel tray.
Your installer will offer you a MDF carpeted tray for about 800-1000 rs extra and it is only advisable that you fit the 6*9's on this.
The reason why i advised 6*9's is that they offer you "Bass" that the co axials or components speakers dont produce well.
Hence this Bass is reqquired to complete your listening experience

Now if you only want to use speakers in door panels then you will have to put co axials 6 inch speakers only
In that case you can choose GTO 637 for the rear. ( however it will offer less bass as compared to the 6*9 speakers)

However please listyen to a couple of speakers and brands before you decide.
I have adviced JBL only because they are Good VFM speakers for your budget,
There are other alternatives too

P.S also please ask all your queries HERE
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...new-q-522.html

the thread you are posting is for people to advertise there COMPLETED ICE

P>S also refer here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...s-15000-a.html

Last edited by Magma : 6th April 2008 at 18:53.
Old 7th April 2008, 12:45   #7833
BANNED

Help me in choosing the right audio for my Palio

Hi revered audio experts,
I am done booking the new palio MJD and have some time before I can actually lay my hands on it, so want some ICE advice for sprucing up my baby .
My budget will max out at 25K and want to get the best bang for the buck. I did go through the sticky on ice for each budget and also various threads here but ended up getting confused. Sorry, but I am newbie to audio and need some hand holding, please bear with me.
I am not a particularly heavy listener of music and can't stand any kind of music for more than 1hr at a stretch- it's true. But I want the best that I can afford when I turn on that thing. My music taste ranges from R&B, HipHop to popular rock and even 80s pop in English and of course hindi geet and some Kannada oldies.
With the above info what kind of audio apparatus would you gurus suggest? I also would want to listen to Indian classical once in a while and some great instrumental too like Hariprsad and Ravishankar and USrinivas.. Oh god what variety we have!!
So, music quality and clarity is the most important above anything else... help.
Note: Mods, please feel free to move it to a separate thread if it demands one.
Old 7th April 2008, 13:00   #7834
Senior - BHPian

Hi Zaks:

Pleas check out folllowing threads as they can give you some headsup :

For budget:

Budget ICE Systems

Palio Specific

Palio ICE Thread
Old 7th April 2008, 13:04   #7835
BHPian

Magma: Thanks for your reply.

I enquired the price at a famous shop (recommended by a mod and few others here on this forum) in Bangalore Price and here are the prices he quoted:

Pioneer 2050: Rs. 4000 (gray), Rs. 6000 (w/ B&W)
Front: GTO 607 component speakers Rs. 5500
Rear: GTO 937 (oval 6x9) for Rs. 3500 (300 watts)

In your post, you wrote that Pioneer 2050 is for Rs. 3000.

Also is Rs. 3500 for GTO 937 okay?

Both the front and rear speakers are original w/ B&W.

Is the above a good deal and can I go for it?
Old 7th April 2008, 13:28   #7836
BHPian

Quote:
Magma: Thanks for your reply.

I enquired the price at a famous shop (recommended by a mod and few others here on this forum) in Bangalore Price and here are the prices he quoted:

Pioneer 2050: Rs. 4000 (gray), Rs. 6000 (w/ B&W)
Front: GTO 607 component speakers Rs. 5500
Rear: GTO 937 (oval 6x9) for Rs. 3500 (300 watts)

In your post, you wrote that Pioneer 2050 is for Rs. 3000.

Also is Rs. 3500 for GTO 937 okay?

Both the front and rear speakers are original w/ B&W.

Is the above a good deal and can I go for it?

the above prices are perfect.
I made a mistake on the pioneer HU price.
Youve got a good deal
GO GET IT
Old 7th April 2008, 13:36   #7837
BHPian

Thanks. Couple more questions:
  1. What is the risk in going for a grey market music system? When people say "bill and warranty", what's the duration of this warranty? Are music systems generally known to break down soon 'warranting' me to go for B&W?
  2. Does Pioneer 2050 read and play mp3s from a USB stick? i.e., does it have a USB port?
Old 7th April 2008, 14:00   #7838
BHPian

@ZAKS

for your budget you can go in for a bit more feature-ful HU
the likes of PIoneer (4050or 5050 or 6050 ranging from 5500rs to 8500rs)or Kenwood 5039 or X7006 ( ranging from 5000 - 7000rs)

For front speakers you can select component speakers
JBL,Blaupunkt,HErtz and Illusion are good choices for brands
(range 6000 rs with bill)

FOr rears you have 3 options depending on budget boot space availabilty etcc

Option 1(4500-6000rs)
6*9 inch oval speakers on rear parcel shelf
(brands as mentioned above.- Please visit the Blaupunk,JBL ,Illusion ,Groiund Zero sites)

option2 (5000-6500 rs with sub + its box enclosure)
A single Sub woofer in a sealed or Ported box depending on your choice of Bass
(this option is advisable over the 1st only if you drive the car yourself and dont care about the quality of music for ppl sitting behind)

option 3 ( a bit over your budget)
its a mix of
option 1 (going for 6inch coaxials in the stock location of the car in the rear) + option 2

Amplifier
Now your budget also may allow an external 4channel amplifier which will make music sound better than without it
the likes of JBL 60.4 , Blaupunkt mark2 MK4 special , and Kenwood 8401
Note:
You will also need to spend 2000-2500 rs on the wiring when going in for an amplifier

regaurds
Ali
Old 7th April 2008, 14:29   #7839
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have recently booked a Swift DZire vxi. As you must be knowing it comes with a head unit (with 2 pre-outs) and 4 speakers. I already possess a Sony amp and Pioneer 12" Sub which I plan to install it in the DZire.

My questions are:

1. In the least amount of money (within Rs. 5000) what is the best thing I can do to improve sound quality in the original setup. Note: I already own an amp n sub.
2. Can the woofer be installed in the boot cased in an enclosure? If yes should the enclosure be sealed or ported.
3. Also plan to install tweeters in the front. How should this be connected with the front speakers (series or parallel) and will sharing the connection with tweeters reduce the sound quality of the front speakers.

Thanks.
Old 7th April 2008, 15:47   #7840
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzv View Post
As you must be knowing it comes with a head unit (with 2 pre-outs) and 4 speakers. I already possess a Sony amp and Pioneer 12" Sub which I plan to install it in the DZire.

My questions are:

1. In the least amount of money (within Rs. 5000) what is the best thing I can do to improve sound quality in the original setup. Note: I already own an amp n sub.
2. Can the woofer be installed in the boot cased in an enclosure? If yes should the enclosure be sealed or ported.
3. Also plan to install tweeters in the front. How should this be connected with the front speakers (series or parallel) and will sharing the connection with tweeters reduce the sound quality of the front speakers..
1. upgrade front speakers
2. yes. sealed or ported depends on the specs of the woofer and your preferences/taste.
3. instead of installing 3rd party tweeters (a la Pio TS20) upgrade the front speakers to components. This way you will get tweeters that are matched to the woofer.
Old 7th April 2008, 18:48   #7841
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Couple more questions:
  1. What is the risk in going for a grey market music system? When people say "bill and warranty", what's the duration of this warranty? Are music systems generally known to break down soon 'warranting' me to go for B&W?
  2. Does Pioneer 2050 read and play mp3s from a USB stick? i.e., does it have a USB port?

my general opinion
Pioneer and Kenwood HU's are safe when bought in grey

Speakers
Buy in bill and warranty

2050 has no direct i pod control from the HU but you can use the aux out and connect that with the ear phone socket in the ipod
it has no usb
Also it has only 1RCA so you cannot connect 2 speakers to an MAP directly. so if you have plans to add an external amp then get another HU
more here
Pioneer Homepage

for full i pod control and USB with 2RCA
Kenwood 4036 - rs 4500
Kenwood 5039 - rs 5000

or pioneer 4050
for full i pod control and USB with 3RCA

cheers
Old 7th April 2008, 21:23   #7842
BHPian

Hello ICE Gurus,

Need help in selecting a good music system for my new Getz Prime 1.3 GLS. My budge is around Rs. 10,000 to 15,000/-.

My basic needs:
1) Would like to have at least a front aux input or a front USB connection. If I can get both without shelling out too much, it would be a bonus. Also pls specify which brand would give best value for money.

2) Pls advise what kind of speakers I can install? Would i be able to get JBL speakers in this budget? I would prefer to install 4 speakers but if my budget is too low, I will settle for 2 & install the other 2 later.

3) pls advise what kind of speakers I should go for (size of the speaker, component or coaxials etc). I'm totally new to this subject.

4) I DON'T plan to install an amplfier or a subwoofer etc. later.

Looking forward to your replies. Pls let me know if I have left out anything or if you need any further information from me.

regards

Krishnan
Old 7th April 2008, 23:13   #7843
BANNED

Magma, thanks for your inputs. I think it will be better to go at this in stages- the slowly you bleed the less pain you feel ..hahha..ha.
Coming to the point, I want to spend on a quality HU say Alpine/pioneer/whoelse? followed by front and rear speakers. I will defer the sub and Amp for later. So am willing to spend 20K on above, please give me some recommendations. I should be able to upgrade the setup later when I have enough dough.
Is Auto shop the best place to get this done in Bangalore?

cheers
Old 8th April 2008, 12:21   #7844
BHPian

Gurus!! I have a Pioneer 6950 HU. I wanted to know if this HU is USB adaptable. Can you guys or anyone else help me out with this.
Old 8th April 2008, 14:04   #7845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift8847 View Post
Gurus!! I have a Pioneer 6950 HU. I wanted to know if this HU is USB adaptable. Can you guys or anyone else help me out with this.
A website link mentioned the following information about the specs of 6950.
It says USB adapter ready which means you need to connect a separate USB adapter and you should be able to access your USB flash drive.

About the Product : Pioneer 6950 Car Audio
  • ipod direct Control
  • USB adaptor ready
  • Pure Blue OEL Display
  • MP3/ WMA playback
  • itunes AAC playback
  • WAV file playback
  • Direct Sub Drive
  • 3 RCA pre-outs (front+ rear+ subwoofer)
  • AUX in(rear)
  • Spectrum Analyzer
  • Multi Language display
  • Flap face
  • BMX
  • EEQ- 7 band graphic equalizer
  • Rotary Commander
  • Remote Controller

Last edited by DerAlte : 8th April 2008 at 14:15. Reason: To avoid redundant tags, please cut and paste to Notepad (or any other such plain text editor), and C&P from there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks