Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2008, 16:36   #7756
Senior - BHPian

Kenwood KVT-839DVD

I got a query to anyone and everyone here.
I want info on how this system is Kenwood KVT-839DVD .
Is it or not and also are there any other options which my friend can go in for?
Could you tell me the approximate pricing of the system.
The link for the system is here.
Kenwood Corporation | Car Electroics | Visual & Navigation Systems | KVT-839DVD

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th March 2008, 17:24   #7757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
My ICE
Pioneer deh3050ub (5500 without b/w)
JBL GTO937(2600 with b/w)
JBLGTO042 (1100 with b/w)
Amplifier +compo+sub are due.
Also i could not find enclosure design for JBL cs 1204 sub can somebody help.
I have JBL catalog with price list with me and for JBL GTO937 price is Rs.4950 and JBLGTO0427 is Rs.2750 , my delaer said that there are some korean made JBL speckers availabel in gray market which looks like exactely same as JBL but are duplicate . All JBL boxes are imported ny sahil international , mumbai.
Old 17th March 2008, 21:19   #7758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
For 15K get a sub for 5K and amp for 7K and a pair of 4" coax for 3K.

6x9 wil produce more bass (esp in the rear shelf) than a 6" component. a 6x9 has about the surface area of a 8" woofer (8" woofer however are desinged to produce more bass than the typical 6x9).
Ok what do you say about a pair of 6x9, Sub and amplifier. I suppose that would be 1K more costly but what is you opinion about the combination.
Also How much would a Amp cost for front 6" Components and Sub. Is there any amp which can drive all speakers and a Sub also?

Last edited by hrsraghav : 17th March 2008 at 21:22.
Old 18th March 2008, 15:53   #7759
BHPian

Hey guys.. I had asked earlier about Kicker 6" Comps. I did listen to JBL comps as well. Dunno why i liked Kicker . what do the gurus think. Are Kicker Comps for 5 k.. good or should i listen to wht gurus seem to recommend here... and go for JBL or Illusion...
and one more thing. I have a very basic HU given by my car dealer. Its an local company make called "Nippon",,,, will have any problem installing comps on this HU... Pls help me out here..
Old 18th March 2008, 16:32   #7760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihkhan View Post
Hey guys.. I had asked earlier about Kicker 6" Comps. I did listen to JBL comps as well. Dunno why i liked Kicker . what do the gurus think. Are Kicker Comps for 5 k.. good or should i listen to wht gurus seem to recommend here... and go for JBL or Illusion...
and one more thing. I have a very basic HU given by my car dealer. Its an local company make called "Nippon",,,, will have any problem installing comps on this HU... Pls help me out here..
listen to illusion 6.1. price is around 6200rs. they are mind blowing
Old 19th March 2008, 11:16   #7761
BHPian

Navin ,can you help me tuning my system, with GTO937 & GT5 402 speakers combination i am able to get moderate low and highs but in the mid frequency range i have problem.They are very low/not clear -can you explain how do i tune my Pioneer deh-3050ub.
Also for the spare wheel sub can i use gt5-12 or cs1204 woofers.(2nd time i am asking this query in the forum did not get any response)
Old 19th March 2008, 11:27   #7762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep joshi View Post
I have JBL catalog with price list with me and for JBL GTO937 price is Rs.4950 and JBLGTO0427 is Rs.2750 , my delaer said that there are some korean made JBL speckers availabel in gray market which looks like exactely same as JBL but are duplicate . All JBL boxes are imported ny sahil international , mumbai.

I think Sam can help us in getting genune JBL product from market.
Sam how do we confirm these JBL products are genune?(i in JBL site was able to register sl.numbers of speakers i brought.)
Old 19th March 2008, 13:22   #7763
BHPian

Pioneer DVH-P5950MP

Guys

what is the price(original with bill) of pioneer DVH-P5950MP??any one using this please give your comments.Is this having USB port.
In the manual its saying it has but when i called up few shops they are saying its only having I-Pod compatibility.

Any reviews on this head unit??

regards
binoy
Old 19th March 2008, 13:44   #7764
BHPian

You are in Bangalore !

Quote:
Navin ,can you help me tuning my system, with GTO937 & GT5 402 speakers combination i am able to get moderate low and highs but in the mid frequency range i have problem.They are very low/not clear -can you explain how do i tune my Pioneer deh-3050ub.
Also for the spare wheel sub can i use gt5-12 or cs1204 woofers.(2nd time i am asking this query in the forum did not get any response)
You stay in Bangalore;
You seem to have purchased gear from JBL.
Best is, you take your car to the JBL store / installer & ask him to help. I am sure they will be more than happy to oblige.

For the Bass. Buy a JBl boom box & keep in your boot. It can be removed when luguage has to be put in. So no problem.

Old 19th March 2008, 13:54   #7765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
You stay in Bangalore;
You seem to have purchased gear from JBL.
Best is, you take your car to the JBL store / installer & ask him to help. I am sure they will be more than happy to oblige.

For the Bass. Buy a JBl boom box & keep in your boot. It can be removed when luguage has to be put in. So no problem.

Will JBL store in Lavelle rd help in tuning my head unit even not purchased from them?
Already i have lost some luggage space because of the plywood plank for GTO937,i dont want to put one more box -in alto space is more precious than the car.Thats why i want to try spare wheel sub.
Old 19th March 2008, 15:01   #7766
BHPian

Ask Gunbir for help !

Quote:
Will JBL store in Lavelle rd help in tuning my head unit even not purchased from them?
Already i have lost some luggage space because of the plywood plank for GTO937,i dont want to put one more box -in alto space is more precious than the car.Thats why i want to try spare wheel sub.
Sir,

SWWS is a Gunbir 'Speciality'
Best if you ask him for assistance.
Old 19th March 2008, 15:03   #7767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i too have an alto. i also have GTO 937 in the rear and a sub in a ported enclosure which eats up all the space. but in daily city driving where i dont require to carry the luggage i enjoy the music with the sub. when i want to go for outing with the luggage i detach the sub and only listen to the GTO 937 from the rear.
IMO why to put the sub in the spare wheel slot where it will not sound gud?
better listen to quality music for max time(city) and wihout sub (outings) than to listen to not so quality music from the sub in the spare wheel.
Also other issues like damping and fabrication will creep in.
Old 19th March 2008, 15:19   #7768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

For a moment I thought i was reading my POST, I too have a 3050+0939+402 combo, PM me and I will tell u a nice place to get it tuned. It will be free , but did u get good wiring(branded) or a local loudspeaker wala job?

Quote:
Oh!! Alto Too; I seriously recomend to check out my set up with same HU, 4 Speakers, NO Plank, but on the boot door. I am put up in BTM layout and work in elec city. PM me I will give u my cell# and will show u my car and its fitting and sound damping. cheers:

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th March 2008 at 15:27.
Old 19th March 2008, 15:50   #7769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
IMO why to put the sub in the spare wheel slot where it will not sound gud?
better listen to quality music for max time(city) and wihout sub (outings) than to listen to not so quality music from the sub in the spare wheel.
Also other issues like damping and fabrication will creep in.

Amit i know a spare wheel sub cannot sound good.I dont use my car daily but only in the weekend with family.invariably i will have luggage in the boot.And fabricating and damping i dont have any problem.
(I can do carpentry,plumbing,electronics,some lathe work i am a true DIY person isn't it?)
Old 19th March 2008, 20:39   #7770
BHPian

Gurus,

I have the following information researched for Audio in my Swift.

Blaupunkt HU - St Louis MP56
F.Speakers -Components - Blau. THc 662
R.Speakes- Coaxial - Blau. GTx 663
Total Cost Including installation - 24140/- with b&w.

The guy says no spacers would be required however he will confirm that with the installer.

Friends is this quote appropriate. Any other better combination suggestion would also be appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks