Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:33   #7816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
Suggestions for SUb 10-12incher which has sealed enclosure volume reqd of only upto 0.75CU ft MAX (need to fit the sub under the car seat!) Amp can supply only upto 200rms-
Look at an ID or IDQ (Image Dynamics) 10" sub. It's recommended box volume is 0.4-0.7 cft - check the data sheet.

Quote:
Alternatively Method 2
Is there any possiblilty of fitting a 6*9 on old Santro rear door?

Whats advisable method 1 or method 2
Possible, but quite difficult. Would also involve a bit of FG or MDF work.

Other alternatives are
- MDF boxes over the wheel wells in the boot (traditional old Santro method; ask around, ready-made boxes are available)
- MDF plank over the boot

Avoid 6x9 - a sub is better any day.
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:54   #7817
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
(need to fit the sub under the car seat!)
for a sub to fit under a car seat one would have to either stick to shallow subs. Most conventional shallow woofers do not produce much deep bass. However I would consider woofers that have small rare earth (NdFeB) magnets that are in front of the cone rather than behind it as this would drastically reduce teh depth of the woofer and hence the box can be quite shallow.
Old 2nd April 2008, 10:26   #7818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Alternative is National Market.

Since the shop you buy from will generally not provide A.S.S. of any kind, it really does not matter where you buy from, as long as the price is right. Just make sure you get the whole package (incl. manual, extraction tool, any cables etc. that come in the original box) and not only the HU.
Thanks DerAlte!
sorry but i've one more Question. What is this extraction tool and how do i know what are the things that come with the original box? Are National Market people reliable , as i may not change the HU for at least 4-5 years, i need a reliable shop.

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:00   #7819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
for a sub to fit under a car seat one would have to either stick to shallow subs. Most conventional shallow woofers do not produce much deep bass. However I would consider woofers that have small rare earth (NdFeB) magnets that are in front of the cone rather than behind it as this would drastically reduce teh depth of the woofer and hence the box can be quite shallow.
Hmm they are illusion subs. The New carbon subs need smaller enclosure when compared to it earlier model. But the budget will go haywire if one plan to go it.
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:06   #7820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
...What is this extraction tool and how do i know what are the things that come with the original box? Are National Market people reliable...
The extraction tool is a pair of either U-shaped thin steel rods or a pair of l-shaped plates, or something similar.

To know what comes in the original box, best is to visit a large shop where they have original boxes, and check what is in the box. I think eZone stocks Pio (I have seen it at the Gopalan Mall branch), so that should be a good place to check out. You could also compare prices there.

Boss, the 'reliability' factor is of the equipment, not the shopkeeper. Shopkeeper's reliability is limited to delivering the goods after taking money! As far as selling fakes is concerned, they haven't got around to faking the latest Pio models yet.
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:42   #7821
BHPian

we are looking at the IDQ's that Der Alte bhai suggested.

Also an option is the SWS. But for that i need to find a fibre glass fellow in mumbai! ( any suggestions about such guys people?-havent been able to find one)

Can LBMji,navinji Ajayji or anyone show me a pic of a "Brace" thats used in a sub enclosure?
Since we might be building our own sub enclosure i would like to know and see what exactly a brace is.
(Would 2inch *1inch L brackets qualify as a brace )

Also i would be indebted if someone could show me how a sub enclosure is properly restrained or secured in their boot via straps/braces etc so that it does not move/jump even on uneven roads.

reagurds
Ali

PS : Car = Friends Old Santro
Old 3rd April 2008, 08:20   #7822
BHPian

Yeah i would also like to know how to Brace the enclosure planning to build one and LBMji can you suggest a best sealed enclosure for my GZ mk2 12 sub which is about to arrive today, it will be more helpfull if you gave dimensions and my car is swift. please help

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd April 2008 at 08:31. Reason: u = you. Please type words in full as per TBHP rules.
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:59   #7823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also an option is the SWS. But for that i need to find a fibre glass fellow in mumbai! ( any suggestions about such guys people?-havent been able to find one)
SWWS install?

Contact viper.
Old 3rd April 2008, 12:05   #7824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PM @Gunbir, he should be able to organize it for you.

Quote:
Can LBMji,navinji Ajayji or anyone show me a pic of a "Brace" thats used in a sub enclosure?
Since we might be building our own sub enclosure i would like to know and see what exactly a brace is. (Would 2inch *1inch L brackets qualify as a brace )
L-bracket - not really. A brace can be implemented in 2 ways:
1. A wooden bar connecting 2 faces of the box, much like a floor to roof pillar in the middle of a hall
2. A wooden bar / "patti" (t as in phatta, not t as in phool patti) pasted & screwed to a face (inside, along the center, like a roof beam) of the box as a stiffener
The second type would be enough for the small under-seat box you plan to make.
Old 3rd April 2008, 12:13   #7825
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A Brace can be made quite simple. The easiest way is to make a H using 3 pieces of wood. the verticals of the H are nailed to the 2 panels that need bracing and the horizontal reduces flex in these panels. Braces are placed INSIDE the subwoofer cabinet.
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:33   #7826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
A Brace can be made quite simple. The easiest way is to make a H using 3 pieces of wood. the verticals of the H are nailed to the 2 panels that need bracing and the horizontal reduces flex in these panels. Braces are placed INSIDE the subwoofer cabinet.
hmm.
i think i have understood , though - not exactly
now in a wedge shaped box(or for say even a rectangular) , which are the panels that require bracing
Does the h get stuck and nailed onto the face opposite the one on which the woofer in mounted with the vertical sides also nailed onto the two side faces of the enclosure

or do you mean 2 pieces of H
Each one to be stuck and nailed onto the two side faces of the enclosure.
with the verticals also nailed onto the front and back faces?

It would really help if someone would share a picture

regards Ali

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members. Avoid typing in short forms like 'pcs' for pieces & 'hv' for have, also check for spellings

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd April 2008 at 14:37.
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:49   #7827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hmm.
i think i have understood , though - not exactly
Heres more on bracing...

JL Audio
Old 4th April 2008, 10:00   #7828
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
now in a wedge shaped box(or for say even a rectangular) , which are the panels that require bracing
the largest panels should be braced first. Dont brace in the middle of the panel, brace a bit off the middle. this way panel resonances are at different frequencies and do not add.

The triangular braces in JL's tutorial are also quite easy to make. they dont need to be exact.
Old 5th April 2008, 19:46   #7829
BHPian

I am a newbie at ICE parts. Can anyone kindly recommend what music system and speakers (incl. model numbers and prices if you can) to go for? The car is i10.

Budget is Rs. 10K. Thanks in advance.
Old 5th April 2008, 23:29   #7830
BHPian

Pio 2050 (approx 3000rs)+ JBL GT5 652 fonts(approx 2000rs) + JBL GT5 963 (appprox 3000rs) rear parcel shelf - (all in grey)
mdf spacer rings on rear parcel 150rs (or entire MDF rear parcel shelf 800-1000rs) + 400 labour

if you buy the speakers with bill then they will cost you about 2700+3600rs

If you can increase budget go for front component speakers
JBL GT5 650C ( 4200 rs ) instead of Gt5 - 652

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks