Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2008, 20:00   #7741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Any take on this?
U can go for either Illusion or JBL because most of the times the recommendation revolves around these two brands at our team bhp. Yes you can get the Speakers with Bill as far as JBL is concerned, for Illusion I dont know. Why dont you check out Pioneer 3090 HU which is similar to 3050 the difference being the later is from grey market. It has option for USB as well as list function. I came to know all this stuff because even i am researching to ICE up my new Swift.
Another thing to mention that if you buy Pioneer 5090 you get 1 pair of 4" inch speaker set free with it. But then again your budget is limited. But make sure in case you choose to by the HU with b&w ask the reseller if it has speakers free with it.

Gurus please correct me if i am wrong on the above suggestions.
Old 14th March 2008, 22:54   #7742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsanand View Post
Hello!

I have the following setup in my Baleno LXi 05 model:

Pioneer 5650 HU
JBL 606 comps on the front
JBL 936 in the rear (The rear left speaker was repaired once when it's tweeter fell off from the central mount)

I had got the setup installed in Jan 06. However, of late I have started disliking the output:

- The sound produced is too shrill, with a lot of hiss
- The bass is not deep enough, and the rear speakers start cracking at high volume
- In essence, the music lacks soul. I have tried all equalizer settings but nothing seems to work resolve the issue :-(

This especially compared to my wife's Alpine which produces a much mellow, and deep bass output.

Can you guys suggest changes in my setup to rectify my problem? Is there a speaker life as well, do speakers wear out with time?

Thanks a ton..!
Irwin
ur rear speakers have gone weak it seems. u need to replace them. also check the wiring. the hissing sound is mainly due to bad wiring. same had happened with my rear speakers. over 2-3 years they had gone too weak and i faced the same problem. change ur rear speakers and try it out u can have a testing before buying. any dealer can give u a test on ur setup.
Old 15th March 2008, 16:38   #7743
BHPian

Car: FIAT Adventure 1.6 Sports with pre wired setup for speakers
Headunit: Blaupunkt Kingston MP47
Front Speakers: Blaupunkt 6 inches THC662

Query: What to install for rear setup, rear has a stock location for 4 Inches speakers in boot area.

Option 1:
4 " speakers
12" Subwoofer
And Amp to power Subwoofer

OPtion 2:
6x9 by cuting the parcel tray
12 " subwoofer
And Amp for powering subwoofer

Option 3:
Only 6x9 by cuting the parcel tray.

My maximum budget is 15K, but if I go with only 6X9 then its would be around 6-7K.

So dear Navin, Gunbir, Sam Kapasi, LBM and other people who understand Car audio's
please suggest me what to head for. My current inclination is to go for a 6X9 for time being, and then later add a Subwoofer and Amp for front speakers and Subwoofer.

Another thing is as per my understanding the components are a set of circular speakers with a separate set of filter and tweeters; Coaxials are circular speakers with tweeters builtin with the speker setup, and similarly 6x9 are the coaxials in 6x9 shape. Please correct me if i am wrong.
Also I am curious about what are the merits and demerits of a 6X9 compared to a component speaker.
And what is the best 6x9 (JBL, Infinity, Hertz, Blaupunkt, Illusion or any other within 6-7K budget).
Old 15th March 2008, 20:46   #7744
BHPian

hi guys....just finished ICEing my new Cedia....this is the setup as of now:

Hu: Pioneer 6050
Front speakers: EFX HDX67 components
Rear speakers: Polkaudio DB 691
Amp: JBL CS 4 channel
Wiring: Scoche EFX wiring kit

I must say that this sounds mind blowing and for anyone who likes a lot of depth and i would wholeheartedly recommend this setup to them....

Thanks blueraven for the setup....and guys if you want a good job for your setup in bangalore PM blueraven...he is really good....
Old 15th March 2008, 21:43   #7745
Senior - BHPian

i dont know whether this is correct question to ask, but i am finding that my JBL 75.4 amp heats up a lot. it doesnt go in protect mode.
but where is the ideal place to put the amp. i have fitted it below the co-drivers seat. i have an alto.
how to determine the safety temperature and what all precautions is to be taken. i am running a GT5-12" JBL woofer over it, and waiting for my GZ-MK2.
is it that its just JBL that gets heated more?
Old 16th March 2008, 00:52   #7746
BHPian

hey guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Umm YO!

I think those are quite fake.
hey sam,

thanks, they were bought fake - they was never sold as originals! forgot to mention that in the post... the problem was that it was 1 am in the morning and the only place he could get some kicker rca's had shut shop 4 hours ago!!

and to answer everyone who is aghast at the multitude of brands in the setup -- (!) the dude doing the install actually put pretty much put his entire shop (slight exaggeration! ) into the car for a demo (albeit one by one) and slowly but surely we managed to whittle the stuff down to what it finally ended up as. there were compromises that had to be made and then there were places that extra money was spent in the forethought that it would assist while upgrading in the future.

i completely subscribe to the one brand philosophy - but this time i went into the install with an open mind and am really really pleased with whats come out of it. while auditioning the stuff, he also put some awesome ad reference speakers in, but at 28k a pop - they were WAAAY outta budget.

gunbir - yup a mouthful but it all sounds pretty darn good!!! need to figure out the settings on the amp though to try and smoothen out some booming bass which is a little bit tedious sometimes!!! volunteering to share some expert knowledge?!?

am travelling again and so this is going to be a slow response to anyone following this part of the thread...

cheers guys.
Old 16th March 2008, 17:10   #7747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
Why havent you chosen a Blua HU..???
hey tush,

wanted the pio hu since it was the only one that ran the i pod in the budget i had! it's a different matter that the budget got blown to bits by the end of it all!!!!

stay safe.
Old 17th March 2008, 11:02   #7748
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
U can go for either Illusion or JBL because most of the times the recommendation revolves around these two brands at our team bhp..
...and for a while back there it was mostly JBL and Hertz. There a quite a few good brands on the market, it's just that Blaupunkt, Hertz, JBL/Infinity, and Illusion might offer better VFM than Polk, Boston, Focal, etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
ur rear speakers have gone weak it seems. .
It might be deteroration of the speaker's surronds. I have not seen a speaker "go weak" otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Front Speakers: Blaupunkt 6 inches THC662
Query: What to install for rear setup, rear has a stock location for 4 Inches speakers in boot area.

Option 1:
4 " speakers
12" Subwoofer
And Amp to power Subwoofer
My maximum budget is 15K

Also I am curious about what are the merits and demerits of a 6X9 compared to a component speaker.
And what is the best 6x9 (JBL, Infinity, Hertz, Blaupunkt, Illusion or any other within 6-7K budget).
For 15K get a sub for 5K and amp for 7K and a pair of 4" coax for 3K.

6x9 wil produce more bass (esp in the rear shelf) than a 6" component. a 6x9 has about the surface area of a 8" woofer (8" woofer however are desinged to produce more bass than the typical 6x9).

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
but where is the ideal place to put the amp.
the best place I have found is on the back of the rear seat.
Old 17th March 2008, 12:11   #7749
BHPian

Help about Kicker comps

Hi guys,
Need ur help here.. I have a Accent with an Nippon Head Unit, i dunno which speakers i have, got these free from the car dealer. I wanna replace it but in stages, can't afford to spend so much cash all at one time.
I just happened to see Kicker 6.5" Comp speakers at Reliance Digital for 5K. i was thinking of buying these first and replacing my existing from speakers. wanted to know whether these speakers will fit into my Hyundai Accent (not the CRDI) its 2006 model and has speaker slots in the front doors,. and wht do u guys feel about 'Kicker' are the comps good.. I dunno which series they are i think maybe 'DS'.
I also found the subs and monoblock from kicker very attractibvely priced there... pls suggest should i go for 'Kicker' at these prices or somethin else.........Please reply and help me out.
Old 17th March 2008, 12:37   #7750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i dont know whether this is correct question to ask, but i am finding that my JBL 75.4 amp heats up a lot. it doesnt go in protect mode.
How did you know its heating? I mean do you feel the heat while driving or you checked it after some time of operation/
Old 17th March 2008, 12:48   #7751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
How did you know its heating? I mean do you feel the heat while driving or you checked it after some time of operation/
ha ha!! i feel the heat from the subs now. but after say about 1 hr when touch the amp i feel its too hot. it doesnt clip though. i guess ur amp is also under the seat.
Old 17th March 2008, 12:57   #7752
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihkhan View Post
I just happened to see Kicker 6.5" Comp speakers at Reliance Digital for 5K.
do u guys feel about 'Kicker' are the comps good.
Why not listen to afew other brands as well. For 5K per pair of components I think Blaupunkt and JBL (GT5) are also options.
Old 17th March 2008, 13:16   #7753
Senior - BHPian

Amit amps DO get hot during operation, get it checked with some one to verify if the heating is more than expected, these days with the scorching heat outside, it might be heating more.
Old 17th March 2008, 13:22   #7754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Amit amps DO get hot during operation, get it checked with some one to verify if the heating is more than expected, these days with the scorching heat outside, it might be heating more.
ya bro. i think as far as it doesnt trip due to over heating its not a problem. its a brand new amp and as per my knowledge i think JBL 75.4 heats up more than the other amps.
Old 17th March 2008, 15:17   #7755
BHPian

help needed subwoofer

can somebody help me, which woofer i can use (cs 1204 ?/or gt5) for spare wheel subwoofer, shown in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...heel-well.html.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks