Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2008, 09:47   #7771
BHPian

Hey Tush,

On the choice of Blau units, I have a complete Blau set up ( except HU ) in my car and with an incremental add-on to the cost you can get better comps & co-axials from Blau itself.

F.Comps - VC series ( 132 or 172 based on your budget ) is a more performance oriented unit than the THC. The THC has thin magnet cones and it's slim lines are probably it's distinict advantage as explained by some Blau Sound engg to me here in Bbay. Perf-wise, VC series beats the THc hands down as well.

Rear Co-axials - the OD 693's - though dated - are still considered amongst the best 'bang-for-the-buck' by Blau engg themselves.

Pls do give these options an ear, in case your firm on Blau units.

After having heard 9 ICE systems using Blau/Sony/Alpine/JBL/GZ's and looking at the kinda musiz I constantly expose myself to - I finally made my choice.

Do have a wonderful blast in this melodious muzical world buddy....

Trust this helps.

[quote=tush;764583]Gurus,

I
F.Speakers -Components - Blau. THc 662
R.Speakes- Coaxial - Blau. GTx 663
]
Old 20th March 2008, 21:04   #7772
BHPian

Sorry for the Delay in filling up this ready reckoner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
Gurus,

I have the following information researched for Audio in my Swift.

Blaupunkt HU - St Louis MP56
Total Cost Including installation - 24140/- with b&w.

The guy says no spacers would be required however he will confirm that with the installer.

Friends is this quote appropriate. Any other better combination suggestion would also be appreciated.
1. Your Car: Swift DDIS VDI ABS.

2. Your current setup (If any): None

3. Your Budget: Max 25K currently.

4. Do you drive most of the time or is it chauffer driven? Its my First Car so still exploring.

5. Your Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): Rock(Metallica, Megadeth, Pearl Jam, Nirvana etc) also listen to Hindi Dance/Oldies numbers and casually Hip Hop.

Additional Information:

6. Are you ready to sacrifice your boot space/modify door panels? : Do not want to modify the Door Panels. But would upgrade to a detachable sub later once have some more money in my kitty. Would prefer Speakers in the door.
Old 20th March 2008, 22:53   #7773
BHPian

hi,

i m neerav from surat.

i found this jbl 100 mm component speaker on jbl site.

specification as under

Component Systems
GT Series
GT5-500C

2-Way Coaxial Full-Range Speaker

Proprietary Plus One« cones
Vented woofer motor structure
Titanium-laminate tweeter
Edge-driven tweeters (component systems)
Outboard crossovers (component systems)
Improved I-Moun™ (patent no. 5,859,917) tweeter-mounting system

SPECIFICATIONS

General
Size 100mm
Nominal Impedance 4 Ohms
Power Handling, Peak 90W
Power Handling, RMS 30W
Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 91dB
Frequency Response 75Hz – 20kHz
Mounting Depth 47mm

i want to know that rather it is available in india or not if yes how much it cost.
Old 21st March 2008, 19:55   #7774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
Hey Tush,

On the choice of Blau units, I have a complete Blau set up ( except HU ) in my car and with an incremental add-on to the cost you can get better comps & co-axials from Blau itself.

F.Comps - VC series ( 132 or 172 based on your budget ) is a more performance oriented unit than the THC. The THC has thin magnet cones and it's slim lines are probably it's distinict advantage as explained by some Blau Sound engg to me here in Bbay. Perf-wise, VC series beats the THc hands down as well.

Rear Co-axials - the OD 693's - though dated - are still considered amongst the best 'bang-for-the-buck' by Blau engg themselves.

Pls do give these options an ear, in case your firm on Blau units.

After having heard 9 ICE systems using Blau/Sony/Alpine/JBL/GZ's and looking at the kinda musiz I constantly expose myself to - I finally made my choice.

Do have a wonderful blast in this melodious muzical world buddy....

Trust this helps.
Hey thnx for the reply. I checked the website for blau. The Velocity comps that you mentioned is 130MM in diameter which is around 5" and swift requires 6 inches. Need to make sure whehter they would fit. Hey after hearing so many ICE systems you felt Blaupunkt was the best. But then you didnt go with the Blau HU, isnt it?
Any other suggestion apart from blaupunkt would also do both for speakers as well as HU.
Old 21st March 2008, 23:18   #7775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
Hey thnx for the reply. I checked the website for blau. The Velocity comps that you mentioned is 130MM in diameter which is around 5" and swift requires 6 inches. ...
Most car speakers (mid-bass if components) come in multiple sizes in the same model range of a manufacturer - at least in 130mm (5.25") or 165mm (6.5"). Sometimes in 100mm (4" - quite common) and 200mm (8" - rarer).

Check again - the Velocity is also available in 165mm (6.5") as required for the Swift stock location. The model number is Vc 172 Blaupunkt - Loudspeakers - Velocity - Vc 172.
Old 21st March 2008, 23:30   #7776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Check again - the Velocity is also available in 165mm (6.5") as required for the Swift stock location. The model number is Vc 172 Blaupunkt - Loudspeakers - Velocity - Vc 172.
Hey thnx for the reply DerAlte. Yes u are right. Vc 172 fits but then the Wattage is more and hence the cost will increase. Again i dont know if it will fit my 25k bill for HU+COMP+COAX. Again i am not diehard of only Blau as my consideration. But would require your suggestion on the following information that i have got.

Blaupunkt HU - St Louis MP56
Total Cost Including installation - 24140/- with b&w.

How is this above setup combination. Is the Selection proper as i havent gotten any chance to listen St Louis MP 56 hear in Pune. Any other combinations or setup are also welcome.
Old 24th March 2008, 10:49   #7777
BHPian

Hey buddy,

Your right that I found Blau to fit to my musical tastes perfectly. I was using a Blau Bremen 76 HU with me whilst setting up my ICE unit. That was probably one of the strong contenders for my entire set-up.

Since that fantastic head unit was borrowed, it had to fnally go elsewhere. Till such time i ear-mark funds for the Bremen, am on a Soy now.

VC 172 is a very well sorted comp set and I would easily recommend the same.

Hey after hearing so many ICE systems you felt Blaupunkt was the best. But then you didnt go with the Blau HU, isnt it?
Old 24th March 2008, 11:12   #7778
BHPian

Quote:
I have JBL catalog with price list with me and for JBL GTO937 price is Rs.4950 and JBLGTO0427 is Rs.2750 , my delaer said that there are some korean made JBL speckers availabel in gray market which looks like exactely same as JBL but are duplicate . All JBL boxes are imported ny sahil international , mumbai.
Last Friday I had gone to a JBL Dealer in mumbai and he said that he will give the original JBL speakers with bill and JBL warranty for 20% less the price.

I wanted to know which is the latest JBL series, in the catalog it is written that the GT5-12 is new.
Old 25th March 2008, 17:52   #7779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.rahate View Post
Last Friday I had gone to a JBL Dealer in mumbai and he said that he will give the original JBL speakers with bill and JBL warranty for 20% less the price.

I wanted to know which is the latest JBL series, in the catalog it is written that the GT5-12 is new.
I got a quote of 4000/- for JBL GTO937 with b&w however he said he doesnt assure if there would be the sticker of mumbai based distributor "Sahil" as he also gets from Delhi based distributor and he assured they wouldnt be Korean they would be original.
Old 25th March 2008, 18:19   #7780
BHPian

Quote:
I got a quote of 4000/- for JBL GTO937 with b&w however he said he doesnt assure if there would be the sticker of mumbai based distributor "Sahil" as he also gets from Delhi based distributor and he assured they wouldnt be Korean they would be original.
What is the dealers name and where is it located?

Sorry...I dint ask the dealer about the stamp of sahil distributor.....well surely will ask...
What ICE are you planning?
Old 26th March 2008, 17:22   #7781
BHPian

Will the combination of the GT5 1100w sub and the GT5A402 Amp be a good one??
Old 28th March 2008, 17:19   #7782
Senior - BHPian

A basic question - In a basic setup involving HU + 2 or 4 channel Amp + Rear 6x9 + Front components, does one need to go for
1. Power cables
2. Speaker cables/wires (other than the ones supplied with the speakers)
3. RCA cables (I believe yes, since they improve the quality of the sound through the amp)
4. Fuse block

Note there is NO SUBWOOFER involved in the setup. There will be no further upgrade/addition to this setup

Also, what all does a wiring kit (Scosche/Audison etc oft-cited by members) include?

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 28th March 2008 at 17:21.
Old 28th March 2008, 17:47   #7783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
A basic question - In a basic setup involving HU + 2 or 4 channel Amp + Rear 6x9 + Front components, does one need to go for
1. Power cables
2. Speaker cables/wires (other than the ones supplied with the speakers)
3. RCA cables (I believe yes, since they improve the quality of the sound through the amp)
4. Fuse block
1. One power cable for the amp, same cable around 3ft length for grounding the amp.
2. Speaker wires. Some speakers may not come with wires. Calculate wire length. Amp to crossover, crossover to tweet, crossover to woofer.
3. If the HU has 2 RCA outs, then you need 2 RCAs. One each to the front and rear inputs of the amp. The wires for rear 6x9s will be connected directly to the speaker-level-out wire lead at the back of the HU.
4. Fuse holder + get some spare fuse.
5. Remote wire. This is normally connected from the HU to the Amp. When the HU is switched on, it sends a signal to switch on the amp.

An amp wiring kit, would normally include these basic items
- Power cable
- Ground cable
- 1 RCA
- Some speaker wire for connecting around 2 speakers
- Fuse holder (maybe spare fuse too)
- Remote wire
- Terminal connectors (these help in connecting wires to the Amp and speaker terminals, instead of soldering/taping them on)

Google amp wiring kits and you'll get an idea.
Old 29th March 2008, 10:41   #7784

I hav a PIONEER 6950 HU and need to connect my IPHONE to it, I guess i need a cable from AUX(Back) to Ipod/IPhone since 6950 doesnt have a front USB or IPOD slot.
Please tell me wat cable do i need, wat wud the cost be and wer in Mumbai cud i get hold of it, cause i tried a few places and they said its not possible but i know its possible cause i saw a stall in The AutoExpo doin it!
Thanks in Anticipation

Saumil
Old 29th March 2008, 18:49   #7785
BHPian

Guys, Any idea about the current prices of JBL gt5-a604 and Blau GTA 4 ch amp ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks