Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2008, 14:40   #7651

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
The 6050 and 7950 aren't exactly "high end" head units in terms of sound quality. But they should be fine with the gear you name. What series of MB Quart are the speakers from? And the sub?
6.5 Inch MB Quart Discuss Series 7 10 Inch Boston Accoustic Subs no sure of the model no as its fixed to my other car at the moment i think its the pro series if im not mistaken.

What the diff between 6050 & 7950 and can you suggest another alternative for better quality in my budget and device requirements.

I had a super high end stereo which i paid a **** loads for and it messed Sony MEXHD-1 it has an internal 12GB HDD no one in India can repair it (software problem) i have sent that to Dubai now so need a stereo in the mean time....
Old 3rd March 2008, 15:41   #7652
Senior - BHPian

Thats the entry level speaker line. Go for the 5050 or 6050 if you can find it. Should be sufficient.
Old 3rd March 2008, 16:11   #7653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Thats the entry level speaker line. Go for the 5050 or 6050 if you can find it. Should be sufficient.
Thanks Bass&Trouble but my question is whats the difference between 6050 & 7950?
Old 3rd March 2008, 16:21   #7654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makatak View Post
Thanks Bass&Trouble but my question is whats the difference between 6050 & 7950?
Display and motorized face.
Old 3rd March 2008, 16:26   #7655

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Display and motorized face.
So the both are identical besides the above which one has the Motorised face anyways.. You think i should go for the 6050?
Old 3rd March 2008, 17:10   #7656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makatak View Post
So the both are identical besides the above which one has the Motorised face anyways.. You think i should go for the 6050?
If you think it is ok then Yes.
Old 3rd March 2008, 18:05   #7657

Which model has the motorised face anyways?
Old 3rd March 2008, 18:07   #7658
Senior - BHPian

I believe its the 7950 which has motorized face plate.
Old 4th March 2008, 13:47   #7659
Senior - BHPian

Hi .
I've pretty much decided on Hertz dieci Speakers.
I want to play stuff from my mp3 player.
The installer i spoke to quoted about 6.5k for a Pio 4050, and 6k for a JBL CS series 75X4 W amp.

I've been giving vebmetal's idea some very serious thought. Car is an indica. I dont want a flashy display (would have taken the 3050 if it was available).

Will the amp sound any better than the Pio HU? i know the Pio is a bit bright, and am hoping that the hertz will tame them. how does the amp sound ?
Old 5th March 2008, 03:38   #7660
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to T-Bhp Tusar & congrats for the new car.

My answers to your questions:

1) Possible use only door options for speakers

2) slightly difficult as you wont get much bass from the default location of speakers

3) Make sure you buy an HU with 3 pre-outs

4) Possible but an HU with all the otions will cost close to 10k & hence will have impact on your budget.

5) Any good installer can do this, you can try Poona Motors in camp & Bafna in Deccan. There are others too who can do a decent job.

6) Hmm for budget constraint check the following thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...k-25k-30k.html

You dont require tweters for components rather tweeters are part of the speaker set.

When you buy a pair of Co-axial speakers you get two speakers
When you buy a pair of Componant spealers you get two tweeters, two crossover units & two mid bass speakers.

You can also go thorugh the following thread on Audio in Swift

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...io-thread.html

Hope this helps

Hi Technocrat,

Thanks for the reply. So far hi have researched on the Sony Headunit 460US i dont think so its anything good for the kinda sound quality i am looking for. I pretty sure that there are some good HUs being lauched by pioneer. Once i get any information on this will discuss the same with you.
I had gone to the Blaupun.. distributor and he mentioned that world wide the rating is first Alpine then Blau, Kenwoor, Pioneer and last is sony. Is this by any chance true. Which HU i should be digging into and researching for my car.

thnx

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th March 2008 at 12:41. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Old 5th March 2008, 08:26   #7661
BANNED

I'd sat 1.Alpine
2.Pioneeer

Never liked any others :(
Old 5th March 2008, 16:38   #7662
BHPian

Cheapest alpine hu with usb

What's the cheapest Alpine HU that can play from USB drives available in india and it's cost (both with and without bill)??

I am looking for an alternative to the poineer HU's around the same cost after reading all vebmetal's experience with the Pio Hu's
Old 6th March 2008, 00:26   #7663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
What's the cheapest Alpine HU that can play from USB drives available in india and it's cost (both with and without bill)??

I am looking for an alternative to the poineer HU's around the same cost after reading all vebmetal's experience with the Pio Hu's
As far as i know there isnt any headunit from Alpine available in India that has an option for USB drives. You can check out Blau..
Old 6th March 2008, 17:47   #7664

Hi ppl
Question i have is, how good is that amp? i dont need loud music but it shud be clear

I already have some model form the xplod range 6x9s in the rear and am planning to add a 5 1/2" speakers in the front door, but not the components, so suggest something good cheap and also lemme know since the amp is 2/1, should i drive the rears or the front using the amp?

now comes the sub part, am apprehensive about sacrificing my car's boot space so looking for an 8" or smaller sub, or a tube sub and also would be best if its really cheap, something you know of that can compliment the amp?

I was also thinking of having 6" components in the back and getting rid of the 6x9s since id have the woofer anyway but that will be atleast a month from now, oh and anyplace in hyd that i can pick it up at? sprocket seems to be the favorite, any other? sent a PM to LBM as well

Thanks for your help,
Regards.
Old 7th March 2008, 01:18   #7665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
Hi Technocrat,

Thanks for the reply. So far hi have researched on the Sony Headunit 460US i dont think so its anything good for the kinda sound quality i am looking for. I pretty sure that there are some good HUs being lauched by pioneer. Once i get any information on this will discuss the same with you.
I had gone to the Blaupun.. distributor and he mentioned that world wide the rating is first Alpine then Blau, Kenwoor, Pioneer and last is sony. Is this by any chance true. Which HU i should be digging into and researching for my car.

thnx

arey bhai koyee help karega ya nahi....have some information...

Went to Poona motors today. Not ready to advise much unless i bring the car to him and assure to fit it from him. He says there are many things and he cannot waste time explaining me the stuff...
He gave me approximate quotes as under and said will finalize once i decide to fit it.

Pioneer HU(3050/5050) - Rs7000 - 8000 - 9000
JBL Components 607 - 2000-3000
Spacers - 200
He mentioned that theres something new coming from JBL for components under G5 series and will be cheap as well.
He also mentioned that Alpine has no USB option.

He finally said you get the details of what you want and he will give me the quote.

Technocrat i still need to go to Bafna motors but i dont know where its located in Pune.

I dont know where to go from here. Its all on you Gurus to help me further.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks